Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Masks In Michigan

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Re: Masks In Michigan

Post by Bryce » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:34 pm

The Downriver store I was in over the weekend had a large banner sign at the entrance stating something to the effect that the "CDC recommends you wear a mask while shopping inside our store." Either downriver folks can't read or don't care what the CDC recommends.

Wonder if that came from the legal department?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:43 pm

It's about 50/50 maybe a little fewer people wearing masks when I go to the mall when I enter JCPenny's they have the sign that CDC recommends you wear a mask it's a personal choice the signs are to encourage that you wear a mask isn't going to kick you out of the store. Some stores in the mall say if you are vaccinated you don't need to wear a mask they don't enforce it and don't care since they aren't asking for the card and a few stores say wear a mask. At this point, it should be a personal choice on wearing the mask I still wear my mask I have no problem wearing it I believe that COVID is going to be here forever at some point it will become just like the flu where there will be a yearly shot for those that want to get it.

When I was at Rivertown Crossing Mall in GR no one was wearing a mask a few weeks ago when I was there very few were wearing masks at the mall.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:09 am

MasterB wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:43 pm
It's about 50/50 maybe a little fewer people wearing masks when I go to the mall when I enter JCPenny's they have the sign that CDC recommends you wear a mask it's a personal choice the signs are to encourage that you wear a mask isn't going to kick you out of the store. Some stores in the mall say if you are vaccinated you don't need to wear a mask they don't enforce it and don't care since they aren't asking for the card and a few stores say wear a mask. At this point, it should be a personal choice on wearing the mask I still wear my mask I have no problem wearing it I believe that COVID is going to be here forever at some point it will become just like the flu where there will be a yearly shot for those that want to get it.

When I was at Rivertown Crossing Mall in GR no one was wearing a mask a few weeks ago when I was there very few were wearing masks at the mall.
It's close to 50/50 when I have gone in the store. It's to be expected in a 50-50 area like Warren.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:07 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:09 am
MasterB wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:43 pm

It's close to 50/50 when I have gone in the store. It's to be expected in a 50-50 area like Warren.
Man you hold your fellow citizens in low regard. I can't believe you would expect 50% of the population to be mentally ill and NOT be able to ditch the Linus blanket.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:45 am

Matt wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:42 pm
bmw wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:11 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:38 pm
Nope. Come up and take a look. The manager, Alan is free to decide the policy for his store.
And are you in favor of Alan being able to decide the policy for his store? Because that sure wasn't your stance last year when it came to whether or not to let business owners decide how or even if to keep their businesses open.
Alan sounds like a power-tripping dickhead. I wonder how corporate feels about him being a male Karen.
Karen? You seem to throw that word around a lot but kind of makes me wonder if you'd have no idea what it means. I meet the store manager one day when they were making a donation to my homeless shelter. I don't care for Walmart particularly but I like the way they run the store.

BMW I firmly believe that the state should have a mask mandate indoors as they do to many other states. It's unfortunate Walmart isn't making a mask mandate policy chain wide.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:05 am

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:45 am
Matt wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:42 pm
bmw wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:11 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:38 pm
Nope. Come up and take a look. The manager, Alan is free to decide the policy for his store.
And are you in favor of Alan being able to decide the policy for his store? Because that sure wasn't your stance last year when it came to whether or not to let business owners decide how or even if to keep their businesses open.
Alan sounds like a power-tripping dickhead. I wonder how corporate feels about him being a male Karen.
Karen? You seem to throw that word around a lot but kind of makes me wonder if you'd have no idea what it means. I meet the store manager one day when they were making a donation to my homeless shelter. I don't care for Walmart particularly but I like the way they run the store.

BMW I firmly believe that the state should have a mask mandate indoors as they do to many other states. It's unfortunate Walmart isn't making a mask mandate policy chain wide.
I know EXACTLY what a Karen is. It sounds like Alan is peak Karen: Karens want to speak to the manager, and this person IS the manager inflicting his will on people not smart enough to go to Meijer.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:41 am

Here, in Ontario, they're making us wear masks, "to protect the unvaccinated." But the unvaccinated refuse to protect themselves. :rolleyes

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:35 am

The CDC says certain N95 masks made by a Chinese vendor are not safe to protect against Covid because of poor quality control in manufacturing.

So why are they still recommending non-N95 masks for anything??? Makes no sense.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:46 am

Interesting topic.

In my travels to retailers across SE Oakland County, mask mandates were stridently followed by employees and customers alike while they were in effect.

As mandates were lifted and July went along, mask wearing noticeably eased with time. By the end of the month, I'd say no more than 10 percent of shoppers were wearing masks in retail establishments. I had discontinued wearing mine as I was vaccinated back in April.

As August moved along, mask wearing climbed but is nowhere near springtime levels. I'd say it's around 25 to 30 percent right now. Depending on the time of day and specific store, mask wearing percentage varies considerably.

Because of Delta breakthrough cases and the fact I don't mind wearing a mask for relatively short lengths of time, I resumed mask wearing last month when visiting retailers.
The CDC says certain N95 masks made by a Chinese vendor are not safe to protect against Covid because of poor quality control in manufacturing.

So why are they still recommending non-N95 masks for anything??? Makes no sense.
Great point.

If they were to say those N95 masks simply do not afford N95-level protection, that would be one thing.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:33 am

The knockoff masks are marketed as KN-95. I think the mask has to meet certain specification to be branded N-95.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:54 am

audiophile wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:35 am

CDC runs an approved list and many Chinese masks are approved. Why are you trying to mislead people?

https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/npptl/topics/ ... list1.html

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:28 pm

He was referring to one Chinese vendor, not all Chinese vendors.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:19 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:28 pm
He's trying to suggest that masks don't work. He's been doing this for months.

― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:57 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:19 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
He's trying to suggest that masks don't work. He's been doing this for months.
WRONG. He's not anti-mask, he's anti-vaccine. I'd argue being anti-vaccine is worse. A vaccinated person should not be wearing a mask unless they have children under 12

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:14 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
but the point was that the CDC was warning folks not to use these because they might not be up to N-95 specs, due to quality control issues. How do you think that this "N-95" mask that doesn't quite make the grade compares to all the surgical masks and home-made masks folks are using?? If the "not quite up to the task" N-95 one is a risk to use, doesn't that make any mask that's "not quite up to an N-95" also a risk?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic