Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Masks In Michigan

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Masks In Michigan

Post by TC Talks » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:56 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:59 pm
Dude!

YOU were the one who posted the numbers which I analyzed. You don't like the analysis, so now you want to use DIFFERENT numbers - numbers which are wholly irrelevant to my point.

And to use your own words - are YOU now challenging the credibility of the CDC's research?
Dude, things change daily, and get worse. Low masking = higher infection rates

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:31 am

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:56 pm
bmw wrote:
Dude!

YOU were the one who posted the numbers which I analyzed. You don't like the analysis, so now you want to use DIFFERENT numbers - numbers which are wholly irrelevant to my point.

And to use your own words - are YOU now challenging the credibility of the CDC's research?
Wrong. Low vaccination = higher infection rates. Beaumont announced results of a study yesterday saying virtually all hospitalizations are unvaccinated people. Masks don't do shit.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

kager

Post by kager » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:48 am

Does anyone think the unvaxed are masking up on their own - without a mandate or requirement - to protect others?
Matt wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:31 am
TC Talks wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:56 pm
bmw wrote:
Dude!

Wrong. Low vaccination = higher infection rates. Beaumont announced results of a study yesterday saying virtually all hospitalizations are unvaccinated people. Masks don't do shit.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:33 am

In my experience those who won't get the jab also won't wear a mask as they think the whole situation is bullshit.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:24 am

Bingo.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:48 pm

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:30 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:48 pm
Do you wear a mask to prevent against polio?

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:10 am

At the beginning, they used masks and quarantine. My dad walks with a limp due to polio, and was grateful for science which saved his life.

What they didn't have was internet scientists using truthy math to disprove actual research.

― Noam Chomsky

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:27 pm

― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:13 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:27 pm
Except. Vaccinated. People. Are. Not. Being. Intubated.

I can understand wearing a mask in a crowded place, but vaccinated people don't really need masks for their own safety, per science.

SoutheastMIViewer

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:07 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:35 am
.There were 10.700 people at the Big House on Saturday. Not too long ago, that would have been called a "super spreader" event. Now, it seems 10.700 people sitting shoulder to shoulder is just dandy.
I think you mean 107,000.

Vaccines weren't available on a widespread basis when the term "super spreader" was being used.
Vaccines do not stop the virus. a vaccinated person can still contract and or spread the covid virus.

So the term “super spreader” is still applicable

If you don’t have a mask covering your exhaust pipe on the car, you are not trying to stop global warming by preventing the harmful emission particles from spraying out!

SoutheastMIViewer

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:14 am

zzand wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:33 am
In my experience those who won't get the jab also won't wear a mask as they think the whole situation is bullshit.
In my experience, people who wont get the jab and wont wear a mask are not blinded by the bullshit democrats do from what they say.

Wear a mask!
Democrats out at events not wearing a mask.

Do not travel!
democrats out traveling

Stand six feet apart and avoid large gatherings
Democrats at large gatherings standing shoulder to shoulder with people.

This was all before the vaccine and in 2020.

That's a lot of bullshit that came out of the Democrats mouth.

Don't blame the unvaccinated when it was the Democrats who started it all by there doing.

If you don’t have a mask covering your exhaust pipe on the car, you are not trying to stop global warming by preventing the harmful emission particles from spraying out!

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:25 pm

But it is those who are unvaccinated who are driving the current surge. The science backs it up. Anyone who doesn't have the brain cells to think for themselves and says well this politician or celebrity said......is too dumb to leave their house.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:03 pm

zzand wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:25 pm
But it is those who are unvaccinated who are driving the current surge.
That is factually untrue. Fundamentally, it is people who are carrying the virus and don't self-isolate that are driving the current surge. These people generally include 2 groups:

1 - Unvaccinated people who have no natural immunity from prior infection;
2 - Vaccinated people who are getting breakthrough cases.

Your supposition completely ignores people with breakthrough cases (who are spreading the virus) as well as unvaccinated people who have had prior infection (who are not spreading the virus).

As I've pointed out before, if it were only unvaccinated people who were spreading the virus, then the number of daily cases would be orders of magnitude lower than it is now considering that nearly 2/3 of the population would be excluded from the virus host pool.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:53 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:03 pm
zzand wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:25 pm
But it is those who are unvaccinated who are driving the current surge.
That is factually untrue. Fundamentally, it is people who are carrying the virus and don't self-isolate that are driving the current surge. These people generally include 2 groups:

1 - Unvaccinated people who have no natural immunity from prior infection;
2 - Vaccinated people who are getting breakthrough cases.

Your supposition completely ignores people with breakthrough cases (who are spreading the virus) as well as unvaccinated people who have had prior infection (who are not spreading the virus).

As I've pointed out before, if it were only unvaccinated people who were spreading the virus, then the number of daily cases would be orders of magnitude lower than it is now considering that nearly 2/3 of the population would be excluded from the virus host pool.
What about those who had covid and get it again?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic