Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmer brazenly vetoes legislation supported by nearly all GOP and Dem members of Michigan legislature

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Whitmer brazenly vetoes legislation supported by nearly all GOP and Dem members of Michigan legislature

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:17 pm

Only 7 legislative Democrats voted no. Vast majority of her own party supported this tax relief proposal for businesses who participated in COVID-19 prevention protocols, including PPP purchases.

She instead says "F You" to almost the entire legislature and to businesses who suffered a great deal in 2020 and early 2021. Unbelievable. She instead says she is open to "grants" so bureaucrats can pick & choose who receives relief and who doesn't.

BTW, as far as the state budget goes, $18 million is a drop in the bucket. That should NOT be grounds for vetoing the legislation that both chambers overwhelmingly passed.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 351057001/

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

bmw

Re: Whitmer brazenly vetoes legislation supported by nearly all GOP and Dem members of Michigan legislature

Post by bmw » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:31 pm

Who in their right mind vetoes ANYTHING that comes out of a legislature with a combined 138-7 vote? I wonder if this breaks some kind of record for any governor using a veto on a bill with this level of support?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Whitmer brazenly vetoes legislation supported by nearly all GOP and Dem members of Michigan legislature

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:13 pm

Great question.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:06 pm

Snyder vetoed some seemingly slam dunk bills...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:40 am

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:06 pm
TC Talks sounds like that obnoxious little kid in elementary school who, when confronted with wrongdoing, points a finger at another student and turns him in, saying "Ricky did it too".

The (Michigan) "Squad" sure seems to hate the people of Michigan, and don't support anything that helps the good citizens of Michigan.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:01 am

TC Talks wrote:
"But Trump"...But Snyder"...blah blah blah....

zzand

Post by zzand » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:31 am

Not sure if it is possible in Michigan politics but with that kind of support can't the veto be over ridden?

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:14 am

zzand wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:31 am
Not sure if it is possible in Michigan politics but with that kind of support can't the veto be over ridden?
I got to believe that would get over ridden?

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:54 am

lidoshuffle wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:01 am
TC Talks wrote:
Isn't that what you whining about Whitmer sounds like too? Why yes!

The executive branch has this power, and she used it. I voted for her and I am fine with her decision. If you didn't vote for her, it's just crocodile tears at this point.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:51 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:54 am
lidoshuffle wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

The executive branch has this power, and she used it. I voted for her and I am fine with her decision. If you didn't vote for her, it's just crocodile tears at this point.
You'd be fine if Big Bird was a dem and made political decisions you agree with, only "crocodile tears" when someone doesn't agree with your political views, right "TC"...???

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:58 pm

This was the wrong move.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:28 am

lidoshuffle wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:51 am
TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:54 am
lidoshuffle wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

You'd be fine if Big Bird was a dem and made political decisions you agree with, only "crocodile tears" when someone doesn't agree with your political views, right "TC"...???
Absolutely! You have to tow the party line and follow everything lockstep with the puppet in charge.
An elitist at his finest.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:09 am

So this is pretty much TC Talks' admission that he's a partisan hack unable to criticize ANYTHING someone whom he votes for does.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:05 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:09 am
So this is pretty much TC Talks' admission that he's a partisan hack unable to criticize ANYTHING someone whom he votes for does.
You couldn’t see that already?

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:46 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Name a few... or even one.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic