Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Rollback on restrictions isn't working

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
kager

Re: Rollback on restrictions isn't working

Post by kager » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:35 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:15 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:53 pm
Horrible. I won’t campaign for her next year if she continues to make bad decisions. She may still get my vote, but I may think twice if Candice Miller ran.
She stopped making bad decisions when she fired Robert Gordon.
While the weather vane spins freely, pretty sure market research is leading the way now.

MC: Won't need you next year; the campaign is already underway.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:31 pm

Enough with your opinions, here is actual data on spread. I know that many here don't care about those infected or their families, but here is how the Republican's restrictions on Whitmer's powers has played out to the citizens in Michigan...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:07 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:31 pm
Enough with your opinions, here is actual data on spread. I know that many here don't care about those infected or their families, but here is how the Republican's restrictions on Whitmer's powers has played out to the citizens in Michigan...

The powers were not removed, shit for brains. They were transferred to MDHHS. She has seen the light and realized overburdened restrictions were not helpful.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:54 pm

Die you Trumper shit for brains.... Enjoy the freedom of a grave or life shortening health complications.

Matt, this is what you wanted.
DETROIT (AP) — Michigan’s largest hospital system is dealing with a “runaway train” as it confronts a crush of COVID-19 patients in suburban Detroit, even turning to outdoor evaluations as people show up for care, a doctor said Thursday.

Beaumont Health, which has eight hospitals in southeastern Michigan, said it had more than 800 patients being treated for COVID-19, up from about 500 two weeks ago and just 128 at the end of February.

The surge isn’t limited to Beaumont: The number of patients confirmed with COVID-19 was near 4,000 statewide. Four hospitals this week said they were at 100% capacity.

As it has for weeks, Michigan continued to have the nation’s highest seven-day case rate, 551 per every 100,000 residents, the federal government reported. Rhode Island was No. 2 at 304.

It’s “just like a runaway train right now,” said Dr. Nick Gilpin, Beaumont’s medical director of infection prevention.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:42 pm

The suggestion that Republicans in the state legislature - who are some of the most inept politicians in the entire country, somehow reigned in Whitmer's powers to the point where not only were her hands tied in dealing with Covid, but said tied hands are the direct cause of the 2nd and third waves of Covid in this state....this suggestion makes me :lol and :lol and :lol

Oh - and TC Talks, I thought you just said you're no fan of law and order? You said it's the worst way to run a country. How do you reconcile that position with your position that the state's governor should have endless power to enact de-facto laws? Sounds to me like you're less of an anarchist and more of an authoritarian, so long as the person acting as the authoritarian shares your political views.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:13 am

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:54 pm
Die you Trumper shit for brains.... Enjoy the freedom of a grave or life shortening health complications.

Matt, this is what you wanted.
DETROIT (AP) — Michigan’s largest hospital system is dealing with a “runaway train” as it confronts a crush of COVID-19 patients in suburban Detroit, even turning to outdoor evaluations as people show up for care, a doctor said Thursday.

Beaumont Health, which has eight hospitals in southeastern Michigan, said it had more than 800 patients being treated for COVID-19, up from about 500 two weeks ago and just 128 at the end of February.

The surge isn’t limited to Beaumont: The number of patients confirmed with COVID-19 was near 4,000 statewide. Four hospitals this week said they were at 100% capacity.

As it has for weeks, Michigan continued to have the nation’s highest seven-day case rate, 551 per every 100,000 residents, the federal government reported. Rhode Island was No. 2 at 304.

It’s “just like a runaway train right now,” said Dr. Nick Gilpin, Beaumont’s medical director of infection prevention.
You're a fucking lowlife. The statement telling me to "die" is generally ban worthy most places, and it should be here.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:05 am

Seriously, Die Trumper Shit For Brains? You are a sparkling member of the Democrat party. Think our way or die. TC Talks, I strongly recommend you seek a mental health professional's help very soon. You are one sick fuck.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:07 am

Actually ZZ, it was meant to provoke people. However, it was said to me by a hospital worker who has been in the covid ward for 13 months. To paraphrase "When this started, I worked 50 days straight because we didn't want people to die or have permanent health iseues. But today, anyone who wants the vaccine has received it. We have walk up vaccination clinics with no waiting. "

"I am starting to look at covid patients like people who injure themselves in drunk driving accidents. We aren't as sympathetic to people who have self inflected injuries like this. It is no longer an accidental infection. And they're all Trumpers, like this is some political statement. I'm getting to the point somedays when I looked at them in isolation, and I have to suit up with ppe and think let's see if you die today you trumper shit for brains"

So yeah it's taken out of context it's extremely harsh. But I think attitudes are changing about people who are in their thirties and forties do not want the vaccination for reasons they choose not to explain.

I am personally disappointed that Whitmer has not worked with her health department to re-implement restrictions. It's incredibly irresponsible and a slap in the face to healthcare workers. More than a handful of people who post here I think everything is fine. You have been a staunch supporter of safety since day one.

― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:11 am

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:07 am
Actually ZZ, it was meant to provoke people. However, it was said to me by a hospital worker who has been in the covid ward for 13 months. To paraphrase "When this started, I worked 50 days straight because we didn't want people to die or have permanent health iseues. But today, anyone who wants the vaccine has received it. We have walk up vaccination clinics with no waiting. "

"I am starting to look at covid patients like people who injure themselves in drunk driving accidents. We aren't as sympathetic to people who have self inflected injuries like this. It is no longer an accidental infection. And they're all Trumpers, like this is some political statement. I'm getting to the point somedays when I looked at them in isolation, and I have to suit up with ppe and think let's see if you die today you trumper shit for brains"

So yeah it's taken out of context it's extremely harsh. But I think attitudes are changing about people who are in their thirties and forties do not want the vaccination for reasons they choose not to explain.

I am personally disappointed that Whitmer has not worked with her health department to re-implement restrictions. It's incredibly irresponsible and a slap in the face to healthcare workers. More than a handful of people who post here I think everything is fine. You have been a staunch supporter of safety since day one.
Bullshit backpedaling. Delete your account.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:18 am

Not at all Matt but thanks for the advice. You should talk to the medical industry. They're pretty much over these people who can be vaccinated but refuse to. And if you think they're kind to drunk drivers or people who do stupid things you really need to take a harder look at how an ER works.

― Noam Chomsky

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:23 am

TC Talks wrote:
And they're all Trumpers, like this is some political statement.
Funny. I wasn't aware that one is asked their political affiliation when being admitted to the ER.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

SoutheastMIViewer

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:29 am

TC Talks wrote:

That’s a lie about the walk up vaccine. There is none. Called the Michigan covid state help phone number twice to get to different people and they confirm there are no walk up vaccines. They want to gather all your Info and show ID to get the vaccine and commit to a specific time to get the vaccine. So technically the state of Michigan and democrats are creating a vaccine suppression for the citizens

If you don’t have a mask covering your exhaust pipe on the car, you are not trying to stop global warming by preventing the harmful emission particles from spraying out!

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:39 am

Every time I have been tested I have never been asked my political party. I was just given the normal we are going to touch your brain, lol, instructions. I know just as many Democrats who are Covid deniers as I do Republicans who are. The biggest denier I know, a democrat, says there hasn't been a single illness or death and those who claim to have had it are being paid to say that and those who die from it are simply paid to relocate. He belongs to your party and you can have him. To wish death on those who support someone you don't like is a mental illness, plain and simple.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:46 am

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:18 am
Not at all Matt but thanks for the advice. You should talk to the medical industry. They're pretty much over these people who can be vaccinated but refuse to. And if you think they're kind to drunk drivers or people who do stupid things you really need to take a harder look at how an ER works.
Just take your L instead of making it worse. I was vaccinated as soon as I had the opportunity. I've promoted vaccination and have helped other people find appointments, so take this as sincere as intended: GO. FUCK. YOURSELF.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:28 am

So you're saying that you're for tightening up covid restrictions so less people end up in the hospital?

This issue has just as much to do with young people not being socially distanced and the bars and businesses that facilitate spread.

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic