Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Add Insult To Whitmury...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Add Insult To Whitmury...

Post by audiophile » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:49 pm

https://upnorthlive.com/news/local/busi ... t-tax-rate

Ahh yes, government shuts you down and wipes out all of your revenue, then increases your unemployment costs.

Niiiiice!

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 14896

Re: Add Insult To Whitmury...

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:43 pm

Me personally, I think it would be a wiser move to leave it at the lower rate, and let unemployment run out of funds.
Then after all the gnashing of teeth from those not getting any money any more, go to Washington with your hand out.
If DC kicks in even more jack, great.
If DC don't, make a big scene, Let the local news run a story of some poor kid from the inner city starving because Big Bad DC won't open up the pocketbook, make them look bad, and then they will.

We can all agree that yeah, in a reach around way, we're all paying for all the loose change DC is throwing out like it's Mardi Gras. But hey, if the trough is open, why not saddle up? Someone's gonna get it, why not The Wolverine State?

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:54 pm

Here's a cut-n-paste from the NY Times about the stimulus package:

" ... Democrats did, however, rally around some amendments from Republicans. The Senate unanimously agreed to a motion from Senators Marco Rubio and Rick Scott, both Republicans of Florida, to block tax increases on small businesses during the pandemic ... ".

Could this, when passed, make any spike in unemployment tax rates null and void?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:17 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:54 pm
Could this, when passed, make any spike in unemployment tax rates null and void?
I'm rather certain that this would apply to federal taxes only.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic