Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmer is botching the vaccine rollout, Veto's Cameras

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Whitmer is botching the vaccine rollout, Veto's Cameras

Post by Rate This » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:14 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:33 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:51 am
Nurses have used the patient's phone for that or their tablet. No one is saying that the family shouldn't be able to talk to the patient.
With this, a nurse has to be present in the room during communication. Good luck with adding that extra layer of support and coordinating schedules, length of visit, etc.

Inpatient nursing home residents that OPT to have a camera in so their families can communicate independently of staff and someone else's schedule just makes too much sense.

Unreal that something logical that can help families is now a political hot potato.
From the editorial linked above the point was to protect people against abuse from staff by having something recording at all times as a digital trail of sorts. If there’s an accusation of abuse we can go to the videotape. It does not mention anything about people interacting with loved ones over the cameras so that not at issue. It’s surveillance cameras it appears. That almost makes this worse. Elder abuse is a very real problem. I read it wrong the first time.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:43 pm

Thanks for the clarification! I agree -- it is worse. Preventing elder abuse needs a lot more tools than what we've tried so far.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:08 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:58 am
The bill violates patient privacy. I don't want a camera in my hospital room. How many hackers are out there? And what about people that abuse it? I had a nursing home attendant friend request me on FB that was taking care of my Grandpa. It was totally inappropriate.

As far as the vaccine rollout, I am glad we have allowed Trump to abdicate responsibility in just one week.
How does it violate their privacy?? The bill was to ALLOW the patients to have cameras in their rooms, that THEY could have put in, if I read the article correctly. Apparently there's something in the law that prevents it currently.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic