Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmer is botching the vaccine rollout, Veto's Cameras

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Whitmer is botching the vaccine rollout, Veto's Cameras

Post by audiophile » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:07 am

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/opini ... 232157001/

I guess I don't see why she would veto the camera-in-room provision.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Re: Whitmer is botching the vaccine rollout, Veto's Cameras

Post by Matt » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:14 am

She is unfit for duty.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:27 am

I'm a little confused. Is it currently illegal to put a camera in your own room, provided that all the residents assigned to that room agree?? Is it illegal to put a camera in a dorm room in a college unless you get the college to sign off on it?

At first I thought this was about requiring them to install cameras, not unlike the police body-cameras. Seems like the residents should have that option if it's their own dime that's paying for it.

Glad to see someone in the press is finally highlighting some of her missteps, especially on the vaccine rollout. The statement " more than half a million vaccines have been distributed but not yet administered. " should be on EVERY newcast with reporters running down the reasons until this is no longer an issue. This should be NUMBER ONE priority. Another indication of where we stand was the follow-up sentence "As of Jan. 20, Michigan’s rate of coronavirus vaccines administered is 23rd in the nation, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention."

Is Whitmer vying for putting us in last place, just like the previous woman Governor?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:07 am

Matt wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:14 am
She is unfit for duty.
Best governor BSBCMI could buy...

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:58 am

audiophile wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:07 am

Aren't you the king of personal privacy? Can I put one in your hotel room?
This statement I could agree with some days, but isn't that slamming free enterprise?

You are all over the place. Are you still a conservative?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:19 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:58 am
Did you read the article? "Senate Bill 77 would have given nursing home residents and their families the option of putting a camera in their own room. "

Should you have the ability to protect you and your stuff by activating a security camera in your own room, or should the government prevent that?

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:24 pm

TC Talks wrote:
audiophile wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:07 am

This statement I could agree with some days, but isn't that slamming free enterprise?

You are all over the place. Are you still a conservative?
This is your response to the News article? How about a more constructive opinion as to why your friend decided to pocket veto the cameras. No need to reply right away. Take some time, look into it. And come back with a slightly more insightful reply.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:50 pm

I'm sorry this was directed to Audiophile

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:32 pm

km1125 wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:19 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Did you read the article? "Senate Bill 77 would have given nursing home residents and their families the option of putting a camera in their own room. "

Should you have the ability to protect you and your stuff by activating a security camera in your own room, or should the government prevent that?
But it’s not a security camera at issue here... it’s a camera in a nursing home is it not? Generally such facilities don’t let you just roll in there and set up a camera... hence the provision which is sensible given the lack of access in person. She’s in over her head.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:56 pm

I agree with audiophile; the bill should've been signed into law.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:58 am

The bill violates patient privacy. I don't want a camera in my hospital room. How many hackers are out there? And what about people that abuse it? I had a nursing home attendant friend request me on FB that was taking care of my Grandpa. It was totally inappropriate.

As far as the vaccine rollout, I am glad we have allowed Trump to abdicate responsibility in just one week.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:21 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:58 am
The bill violates patient privacy. I don't want a camera in my hospital room. How many hackers are out there? And what about people that abuse it? I had a nursing home attendant friend request me on FB that was taking care of my Grandpa. It was totally inappropriate.

As far as the vaccine rollout, I am glad we have allowed Trump to abdicate responsibility in just one week.
Patient privacy? You have them remove the camera if you don’t want it there. You waive the privacy rights if you do. It’s the only way these people can see their loved one. Heartless.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:51 am

Rate This wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:21 am

Patient privacy? You have them remove the camera if you don’t want it there. You waive the privacy rights if you do. It’s the only way these people can see their loved one. Heartless.
Nurses have used the patient's phone for that or their tablet. No one is saying that the family shouldn't be able to talk to the patient.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:18 am

Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:51 am
Rate This wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:21 am

Nurses have used the patient's phone for that or their tablet. No one is saying that the family shouldn't be able to talk to the patient.
This was a much better and more permanent option. Whitmer is simply on a power trip.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:33 am

Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:51 am
With this, a nurse has to be present in the room during communication. Good luck with adding that extra layer of support and coordinating schedules, length of visit, etc.

Inpatient nursing home residents that OPT to have a camera in so their families can communicate independently of staff and someone else's schedule just makes too much sense.

Unreal that something logical that can help families is now a political hot potato.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic