Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Health director fired? (Robert Gordon MiDHHS out)

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Health director fired? (Robert Gordon MiDHHS out)

Post by Rate This » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:23 am

kager wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:33 pm
Whitmer's all but 'all lawyered up' on answering the question. My dark side thinks she won't be happy until all men in her administration are replaced with women.

A local CBS TV affiliate reporter asked her point-blank as to the reason Gordon left (and so abruptly) a day or two ago, and Whitmer did this terribly awkward 'Elaine' dance around it each time the question was asked, with a lame-ass (paraphrasing) 'aw shucks, these things happen'-type of answer. IOW, no answer.

Getting to be quite the polished politician.
She’s worn out her welcome even with me... she’s done too many things ineptly to be able to defend credibly at this point. She’s toast in 2022 at this rate.

kager

Post by kager » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:56 am

Found the interview I referenced earlier...

https://www.9and10news.com/2021/01/26/g ... signation/
"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:34 am

Bitchmer did that song and dance with WoodTV's political reporter Rick Albin as well.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:53 pm

The guy STILL has not joined the Biden Administration...
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:07 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:53 pm
Who

Cares?
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:37 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:07 pm
Matt wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:53 pm
Who

Cares?
Accountability matters. Lansing isn't being held accountable.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:57 pm

I would say his removal improved accountability.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:24 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:57 pm
I would say his removal improved accountability.
We should hear why the firing happened. Was he the one that set the nursing home policy and reporting?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:18 am

I don't believe the nursing home situation is going to just vanish. Are you saying you'd rather have him still running the department?

I guess I'm confused cuz I don't recall you ever being critical of Donald Trump's complete lack of ability to hold on to his leadership. He was perhaps the worst at it in recent times.
― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:40 am

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:18 am
I don't believe the nursing home situation is going to just vanish. Are you saying you'd rather have him still running the department?

I guess I'm confused cuz I don't recall you ever being critical of Donald Trump's complete lack of ability to hold on to his leadership. He was perhaps the worst at it in recent times.
When did Trump limit personal freedoms arbitrarily and unilaterally fuck over small business? Also, Trump isn't in power anymore. I'm not sure how Gretchen Whitmer making Robert Gordon a fall guy isn't of concern to you.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:04 pm

Spoken like someone who really has no idea how a government operates. You have politicians and you have bureaucrats. Politicians spend much of their time running for office. Bureaucrats are charged with actually getting stuff done. He wasn't getting his job done so he was moved on.

Trump wouldn't even bother to have meetings to find out how things were going in the country. Again I really don't see how you can be critical of Whitmer and find Trump's behavior completely acceptable.
― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:42 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:04 pm
Spoken like someone who really has no idea how a government operates. You have politicians and you have bureaucrats. Politicians spend much of their time running for office. Bureaucrats are charged with actually getting stuff done. He wasn't getting his job done so he was moved on.

Trump wouldn't even bother to have meetings to find out how things were going in the country. Again I really don't see how you can be critical of Whitmer and find Trump's behavior completely acceptable.
Actually, I understand how governments work quite well. Do you understand how accountability works?

We are 33rd in the nation in vaccinations. A geographical peer, Wisconsin is 7th, and California is 19th. The Whitmer Administration has failed.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:46 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:42 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:04 pm

Actually, I understand how governments work quite well. Do you understand how accountability works?

We are 33rd in the nation in vaccinations. A geographical peer, Wisconsin is 7th, and California is 19th. The Whitmer Administration has failed.
Ouch.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:44 pm

And I'm still waiting to see the total number of doses sent to each state.

There's no way we're going to beat 33 if we're not getting the same amount of vaccine as other states.

There's no way that Indiana is already 50 to 59 year olds if they're getting the same ratio of vaccines we are.

Exactly how is that metric measured?
― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:13 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:44 pm
And I'm still waiting to see the total number of doses sent to each state.

There's no way we're going to beat 33 if we're not getting the same amount of vaccine as other states.

There's no way that Indiana is already 50 to 59 year olds if they're getting the same ratio of vaccines we are.

Exactly how is that metric measured?
It is on covidactnow.org. It appears you have to click on each state to get the detail. Wisconsin has received 1.2M vaccinations and given out 80%. Michigan has given out 77% of 2.1M received. Meanwhile, the vaccine queen, Kristi Noem, has administered 86% of 189,250 that SD has received. The rankings are by percentage of total population of the state vaccinated.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic