Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmer travels out of state but....

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
kager

Re: Whitmer travels out of state but....

Post by kager » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:09 pm

Words akin to 'Sure, I'm a hypocrite - so sue me' seem to be a popular response around here. Maybe you get rewarded for doing whatever you want, regardless of your lip service to others, but in this case I don't think perma-grin is flaunting anything in being there for ByeDon's big show.
Mike Oxlong wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:09 am
Thanks for the reply TC.
(do a spell check of your signature).
It's spelled correctly.

Depending on your POV, it is grammatically correct as well.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:21 pm

I missed that, Grammerly misses this occasionally. :x

I might just leave it that way...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:14 pm

lidoshuffle wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:14 pm
She is in DC, whoopin it up at the Dems biggest party in years, (I bet she gets to actually sit down at an indoor dining facility and enjoy a nice dinner), yet she tells all of us "I encourage you all no Thanksgiving travel anywhere, no Christmas travel anywhere, no you cannot go out New Years' Eve and celebrate as I have closed all indoor dining and bars that you could celebrate inside, because we're saving lives"!! But I get to party it up with my fellow Dems..."whooopeeee we won we won"!! Hypocrisy at it's finest from the Dems/Libs/Left, I await stupid replies in defending her actions...
With any luck, we will get some good pictures of her having a good time at the inaugural festivities today. Those photos will make good content for campaign ads against her.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:03 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:14 pm
lidoshuffle wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:14 pm
She is in DC, whoopin it up at the Dems biggest party in years, (I bet she gets to actually sit down at an indoor dining facility and enjoy a nice dinner), yet she tells all of us "I encourage you all no Thanksgiving travel anywhere, no Christmas travel anywhere, no you cannot go out New Years' Eve and celebrate as I have closed all indoor dining and bars that you could celebrate inside, because we're saving lives"!! But I get to party it up with my fellow Dems..."whooopeeee we won we won"!! Hypocrisy at it's finest from the Dems/Libs/Left, I await stupid replies in defending her actions...
With any luck, we will get some good pictures of her having a good time at the inaugural festivities today. Those photos will make good content for campaign ads against her.
I believe if you look closely at how she got elected and where the votes came from you will realize that her relationship with Joe Biden, who won our state by 154000 votes, is quite an asset not a liability for re-election.

To be put it more simply, there aren't enough trumptards to beat the Democrats in Michigan.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:15 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:03 pm
To be put it more simply, there aren't enough trumptards to beat the Democrats in Michigan.
You do realize just much you contradict yourself and your self-proclaimed wokenness by using such slurs, right?

The use of -tards to describe anyone, whether you disagree with them or not, is always offense and wrong and on the same level as dropping the n-word.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:47 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:15 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:03 pm
You do realize just much you contradict yourself and your self-proclaimed wokenness by using such slurs, right?

The use of -tards to describe anyone, whether you disagree with them or not, is always offense and wrong and on the same level as dropping the n-word.
Yeah, the rhetoric will calm down.

― Noam Chomsky

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:54 pm

How many of those 400,000 actually died from COVID, instead of it just being found in the system? There is a difference. If you die in a car crash and had it, does that count?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:38 pm

fuzzpower wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:54 pm
How many of those 400,000 actually died from COVID, instead of it just being found in the system? There is a difference. If you die in a car crash and had it, does that count?
There are 405,000 deaths due to COVID as determined by coroners and death certificate.

You do not need to parrot everything TCSU and Audiophile post being "buddies" and all :roll:

― Noam Chomsky

jadednihilist

Post by jadednihilist » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:37 pm

fuzzpower wrote:
If someone had COVID, yet died in a car crash, the cause of death would be the physical trauma resulting from the death. They'd still be alive if they hadn't crashed. Conversely, someone with a comorbidity who dies shortly after contracting COVID would likely be labeled as a COVID death, since they probably would have lived longer (potentially years) otherwise. This article by Scientific American shows some pretty stark statistics to show how many more people died in 2020 due to health reasons than in the past 20 years, and the only plausible explanation is the prevalence of COVID:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... inflated1/

I'm here for a good, hearty debate, to agree and disagree respectfully, and commiserate on the current state of terrestrial radio.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:12 am

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:38 pm
fuzzpower wrote:
There are 405,000 deaths due to COVID as determined by coroners and death certificate.

You do not need to parrot everything TCSU and Audiophile post being "buddies" and all :roll:
The death certificate lists COVID even if it wasn’t the actual cause.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:49 am

TC Talks wrote:
fuzzpower wrote:

It's insane how much these Trumpers want to distract from his responsibility for this crisis. No one is suggesting that we wouldn't have any cases, but our numbers per capita are out of control. Tons of people didn't wear a mask after Trump stopped the daily COVID briefings and silenced Fauci's press conferences. I hope the new administration can starting reporting the truth about this crisis and also crank up the vaccine rollout. I would be shocked if we don't have daily COVID briefings by next week. Let's stop politicizing this fiasco and let science work.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:56 am

fuzzpower wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:12 am
TC Talks wrote:
fuzzpower wrote:
The death certificate lists COVID even if it wasn’t the actual cause.
Any proof or is this just another Trumper conspiracy theory you're trying to shop?

Cuz the fake news patrol just caught a plane to Florida.

― Noam Chomsky

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:12 am

Bobbert wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:14 pm

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:56 pm

All the naysayers against the Big Gretch just need to remember she is the ruler over the citizens of MI. She can do what she wants to do, even if it means doing opposite of her edicts. We all just need to listen as she knows what is BEST for all. If you go along with that life will be easier. OBEY! What's best for Gretch politically is ALL that matters.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:31 pm

What’s the current death total under the Biden regime? When will it be his responsibility?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic