Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Sex for money now ok in Washtenaw County?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Sex for money now ok in Washtenaw County?

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:02 am

I think it's important to distinguish between the county prosecutor's office apparent decision to not to press charges in cases of prostitution versus legality.

Sex for money and solicitation of sex for money remain illegal.

The prosecutor could change his mind, his successor could choose to prosecute cases the current prosecutor is choosing not to pursue (I have no idea what the statute of limitations is for such crimes), the state of Michigan could seek to press charges & prosecute cases, etc.

What I'm trying to say is this - anyone who engages in such activity in Washtenaw County is doing so at his or her own risk from a criminality standpoint!

As for the current prosecutor's decision to not prosecute cases, I have mixed views. For starters, is he violating his oath of office by making such a decision? Do we really want one individual subjectively choosing which laws to enforce and which laws not to enforce?

From a public safety & policy perspective - decriminalizing prostitution may be a wise move. However, that should occur by way of legislation. (I would be opposed, however, to the legalization of brothels.)

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:32 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:02 am
I think it's important to distinguish between the county prosecutor's office apparent decision to not to press charges in cases of prostitution versus legality.

Sex for money and solicitation of sex for money remain illegal.

The prosecutor could change his mind, his successor could choose to prosecute cases the current prosecutor is choosing not to pursue (I have no idea what the statute of limitations is for such crimes), the state of Michigan could seek to press charges & prosecute cases, etc.

What I'm trying to say is this - anyone who engages in such activity in Washtenaw County is doing so at his or her own risk from a criminality standpoint!

As for the current prosecutor's decision to not prosecute cases, I have mixed views. For starters, is he violating his oath of office by making such a decision? Do we really want one individual subjectively choosing which laws to enforce and which laws not to enforce?

From a public safety & policy perspective - decriminalizing prostitution may be a wise move. However, that should occur by way of legislation. (I would be opposed, however, to the legalization of brothels.)
Savit is newly elected, and he's doing exactly what he said he would: https://eli2020.com/issues

Savit faced a competitive primary for an open seat. As a Washtenaw resident, I don't have any issues with the early actions.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:33 am

I think this is more akin to counties that no longer prosecute for marijuana possession. If you blatantly are dealing marijuana you will probably get in trouble. But if you're found with less than an ounce no problem. Texas will never pass a marijuana legal possession legislation at least of the next 10 years, but many sheriffs simply don't bother with it anymore in the prosecutors I won't press charges.

I think this is what the prosecutor is suggesting in this case. I think it's going to be an interesting experiment to watch.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:37 pm

I do support Savit's recent changes with regard to bail protocols.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:10 pm

R Bedell wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:41 pm
Think the short-term hotel/motel business in the country is going to explode?
Many of the U-hookers all over operate out of their dorm rooms or apartments.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:33 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
EXCELLENT questions!!
TC Talks wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:33 am
I think this is more akin to counties that no longer prosecute for marijuana possession. If you blatantly are dealing marijuana you will probably get in trouble. But if you're found with less than an ounce no problem. Texas will never pass a marijuana legal possession legislation at least of the next 10 years, but many sheriffs simply don't bother with it anymore in the prosecutors I won't press charges.

I think this is what the prosecutor is suggesting in this case. I think it's going to be an interesting experiment to watch.
We really need to get away from subjective enforcement of laws. Either you are WRONG and doing something ILLEGAL and need to be PUNISHED, or we need to MODIFY THE LAW to address the real issue. We should not allow anyone in government to tweak the laws to their own benefit or to how they interpret how or whether certain things should be enforced.
TC Shuts Up wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:10 pm
Not sure if one should respond with "Good to know!" or not? :)

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:13 pm

km1125 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:33 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
EXCELLENT questions!!
TC Talks wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:33 am

We really need to get away from subjective enforcement of laws. Either you are WRONG and doing something ILLEGAL and need to be PUNISHED, or we need to MODIFY THE LAW to address the real issue. We should not allow anyone in government to tweak the laws to their own benefit or to how they interpret how or whether certain things should be enforced.
TC Shuts Up wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:10 pm
Not sure if one should respond with "Good to know!" or not? :)
At least at the federal level as long as the Senate operates with a filibuster and not a simple majority it’ll be hard to get much done. The senate is the most broken place at that level. Somewhere in there (weed comes to mind) is the intersection of that state of affairs and states wanting to legalize certain things but they are federally illegal and a vote to change that could get 51 votes but not 60. The filibuster needs to go. It’s being abused anyways. It was intended that you’d stand there until you fell over. In the 70’s they changed the rules so that you can invoke it and go home.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:52 pm

km1125 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:33 pm
Every prosecutor has to make subjective decisions on which cases get pursued and which don't. Thanks to Republicans, funding to operate a DA's office to the standard you're suggesting isn't financial feasible.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:45 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:57 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:20 pm
TC Shuts Up wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:32 am
TC Talks wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:36 am
Sex trafficking is a big problem in our state.
I happen to agree. And has been for a long time, and at very high levels. Check Epstein's "Little Black Book", which lists the phone numbers for his "Michigan home" in Green Lake Township. It was just released in a document dump last night.
Released where exactly? Man you are a bad shit crazy.
Take my word for it. It's coming out. Are you worried that your name is on it? I can tell you for sure, there is a broadcaster, who was once a DJ on a Michigan radio station, that IS in the "Little Black Book". Since the flight manifests are abbreviated and coded, it couldn't be established that he was on any flights to Epstein Island at this time. One of my few friends on the message board told me it's not you. So you can start breathing again. They told me who it was.

― Noam Chomsky

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:49 pm

Maybe this would be better to post in the Buzzboard Marketplace, but there's already a thread started here...

Attention Washtenaw County females...

Physically fit male in his early sixties available to fulfill your "daddy fantasies." Reasonable rates...

Will travel to Washtenaw County for select, fit females, between the ages of 21 and 32 with red or auburn hair.

Nude images available for serious inquiries.

Please leave a private message for details.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:46 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:49 pm
Maybe this would be better to post in the Buzzboard Marketplace, but there's already a thread started here...

Physically fit male in his early sixties available to fulfill your "daddy fantasies." Reasonable rates...

Will travel to Washtenaw County for select, fit females, between the ages of 21 and 32 with red or auburn hair.

Is there an option for 33+ with exceptional talent?

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:48 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:46 pm
Bryce wrote:

Why? Are they a protected class now too?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:47 am

Bryce wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:48 am
Matt wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:46 pm
Bryce wrote:

Why? Are they a protected class now too?
Ha, no. 32 just seemed like an arbitrary age.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:58 am

I like how the French determine how old a mistress can be: 1/2 your age + 7.

― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:22 am

I propose a modification: low end = half your age; high end = your age + 7

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic