Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Happy New Years from your Governor

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Happy New Years from your Governor

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:03 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:20 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:28 pm
To be vicious about people who exploit their faith for profit or political gain?
You have over 4500 posts in these forums. Have you ever once, in any of those posts, called out any Democrat politicians for exploiting their position of power for profit or political gain?
absolutely not, but I have agreed with many assessments by more conservative leaning posters.

Which Republican of you called out lately? It seems to me you had four years to call out actions of Donald Trump and I don't recall anything prior to this fall when it was clear he had lost.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:53 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:03 pm
bmw wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:20 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:28 pm
To be vicious about people who exploit their faith for profit or political gain?
You have over 4500 posts in these forums. Have you ever once, in any of those posts, called out any Democrat politicians for exploiting their position of power for profit or political gain?
absolutely not, but I have agreed with many assessments by more conservative leaning posters.

Which Republican of you called out lately? It seems to me you had four years to call out actions of Donald Trump and I don't recall anything prior to this fall when it was clear he had lost.
Up until election fraud I don’t recall him calling Trump out once.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:00 pm

He's probably frustrated that the entire Trump era has come to an end.

Assault Rifle and background checks legislation are on the agenda.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:11 pm

The shift to fear mongering and the national debt is suddenly important again.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:15 pm

I was kind of relived that the last package was only ~400 Billion in new funds.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:34 pm

I don't really feel like digging through old posts, but I just might. I have called out Trump on NUMEROUS occasions over the past 4 and a half years.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:39 pm

I'll start with this one. I created this topic:

"I'm going to call Trump out for lying"

https://mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... ie#p582848

In that thread, I said that Trump was not "able to admit he was wrong" and I specifically called his lie "bullshit."

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:44 pm

Then there's this from back in 2016 - funny that RT says I never criticize Trump. That was his same exact line to me just over 4 years ago, to which I responded as follows:
bmw wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:49 pm
NS8401 wrote:People like you support the man no matter what garbage he spews... It defies belief.
Heh I guess I missed this. Not true. His early statement about McCain not being a war hero was completely uncalled for and should have sunk his campaign before it ever got started. His attack on Ben Carson's religion and story about how he became a Christian was arguably even worse than his attack on McCain - he basically called Ben Carson a liar, and did so on a subject matter that really should have been off limits. And then there's the time he mocked the disabled reporter and then denied having done such mocking when questioned about it. Those 3 statements/actions are indefensible.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:52 pm

I also called out the entire republican party for their tax plan several years ago, saying I was against it because it didn't do nearly enough to simplify the tax code. I cannot find the thread, however.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:07 pm

I guess my grievances go back to Granholm era. Those threads have been deleted long ago...

I support Whitmer. Especially her COVID response. Here's why:

1) She was being attacked by Trump at the same time she was trying to set up a response
2) She and other Governors where using "best practices" at the time they made those decisions. In the case of the nursing home issues, the administration used the known data at the time to set policy. My community was one that staged a protest, but these are federal contracts.
3) Her policies have been revised (trust me, I have been in a meeting each week) and updated as we learn more.
4) The Trump administration continued to "play games" with Michigan. This was cleared up when a House investigation was started.
5) Michigan has some unique communities which had very high rates of negative impacts from COVID.

Next week, we should learn if the COVID Vaccine has been fairly distributed across all the states. I have my suspicions that Red states have been favored in how much they have received. I hope I am wrong about this.

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic