Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

interesting perspective on deaths in MI

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Re: interesting perspective on deaths in MI

Post by audiophile » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:42 am

km1125 wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:41 pm
Ran across this site (https://www.mdch.state.mi.us/pha/osr/Pr ... Counts.asp)

I pulled the data down into a spreadsheet to do some totals:

When stations are reporting "total COVID deaths" on a daily basis, why don't they EVER put it in perspective with ALL DEATHS in the state. You get the distinct impression that no one else is dying except for those with COVID. Turns out, COVID is only about 10% of the total.

I'm guessing column C includes other deaths, like vehicle and household accidents, and perhaps homicide, but I haven't been able to verify that yet. Column K totals are ones I added and are just D-J
I have been looking for data like this. My earlier data suggested 18% increase, but it's a 15% increase. If 100,000 die in a normal year in a certain area, 115,000 would died this year.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:44 pm

If someone has COVID and dies of something else, how is it posted as? It seems that the death is listed as COVID, just because he had COVID, even though he actually died of something else.

I know someone who died of cancer but had COVID. Is that still listed as a COVID death, just because he had it? The death cause should be 'cancer' not' COVID. It seems that the health department is counting these deaths as COVID deaths, even though someone died of something else.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:21 am

paul8539 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:44 pm
If someone has COVID and dies of something else, how is it posted as? It seems that the death is listed as COVID, just because he had COVID, even though he actually died of something else.

I know someone who died of cancer but had COVID. Is that still listed as a COVID death, just because he had it? The death cause should be 'cancer' not' COVID. It seems that the health department is counting these deaths as COVID deaths, even though someone died of something else.
Was he going to die at that exact moment absent COVID is the question. If he would have lived a minute more absent the virus then it killed him.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic