Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Pandemic lockdown closed 32% of Michigan businesses, highest of all states in U.S.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Pandemic lockdown closed 32% of Michigan businesses, highest of all states in U.S.

Post by audiophile » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:53 pm

We all knew her executive orders were inconsistent, but they were also the most extreme amongst the states.

We would have been better easing the lockdown in June, then allowing business to reopen when they could ventilate outdoors.

At at least they could have rebuilt their cash coffers to prepare for the fall, which everyone knew would cause another spike.

https://www.thecentersquare.com/michiga ... bef1e.html

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Re: Pandemic lockdown closed 32% of Michigan businesses, highest of all states in U.S.

Post by TC Talks » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:46 pm

I guess you forgot to mention that 11,460 have died, and the fatality rate is 2.5%. Not important to you?

https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus/0, ... --,00.html
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Re: Pandemic lockdown closed 32% of Michigan businesses, highest of all states in U.S.

Post by audiophile » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:04 am

You forgot mention that abortion has terminated 2362 lives every day. Does that not matter to you?
Last edited by audiophile on Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:23 am

If you're going post your DEMagoguery at least have some balanced discussions once in while. If you are supposedly *all* about saving lives you have a lot of hypocrisy to resolve first.

Everything involves risk (something you are unwilling to admit) and everyone will die of something. I haven't noticed the overall death rate is all that much different than it was pre-covid. No one is forced to go into these businesses. I haven't went to an inside restaurant since late March BUT THAT IS MY CHOICE! I wear my P100 mask too, again MY CHOICE.

Reopening businesses when the weather was warmer and say require open windows or a large blower of fresh air and would have provided financial relief in anticipation for the fall "flu" season. Whitmer just hurt these businesses when risks were lower, remember Whitmer said it was all about the flatting the curve. When the curve was flattened it was illegally extended and extended.

PS And what was wrong with boating or golfing, and they still got shut down? Nothing!

PPS Also forcing Covid-19 positive persons to mix with elderly nursing home residents accounts for 40% of all Michigan deaths. This risk of mixing patients clearly dangerous - again, something you are unwilling to admit.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:03 am

I haven't seen much about the secondary issues with extended lock downs. In my state domestic violence shot up, as did drug use and suicide. Since the state reopened all have gone back down. Are there any stats on this in Michigan?

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:27 am

I know some folks will disagree. And the point I'm making has already been re-hashed back and forth already.
But I still stand by my belief that it is truly befuddling that places like the Lowes and the Meijers and the others can be open, yet a sit down restaurant must remain shuttered. I still don't see the logic there.

Can you imagine how many items at the Home Depot or the Walmart are being picked up bare handed, looked at, and then set back down on the shelf by consumers?

If sit down was open, no one else but you would be touching your plate or silverware or seat or tabletop with bare hands after it was sanitized, scrubbed, fogged and disinfected. Oh well.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:06 am

zzand wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:03 am
I haven't seen much about the secondary issues with extended lock downs. In my state domestic violence shot up, as did drug use and suicide. Since the state reopened all have gone back down. Are there any stats on this in Michigan?
This is a legitimate issue related to lockdown. We haven't seen an increase yet here, but our worst season is coming. We have had an increase in drug issues.

Abortion and poor business people are not related in my opinion.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:08 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:27 am
I know some folks will disagree. And the point I'm making has already been re-hashed back and forth already.
But I still stand by my belief that it is truly befuddling that places like the Lowes and the Meijers and the others can be open, yet a sit down restaurant must remain shuttered. I still don't see the logic there.

Can you imagine how many items at the Home Depot or the Walmart are being picked up bare handed, looked at, and then set back down on the shelf by consumers?

If sit down was open, no one else but you would be touching your plate or silverware or seat or tabletop with bare hands after it was sanitized, scrubbed, fogged and disinfected. Oh well.
You do realize that you wear a mask and your interactions are brief in a store. Spread is very low from surfaces.

Think about what is different in a restaurant.
― Noam Chomsky

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:33 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:27 am

You can't wear a mask while eating but grocery stores have you wearing a mask 100% of the time. You people are slow.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic