Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Dyke/Dam Breaker Now Wants To Break Radio Reception (and reliability)

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Dyke/Dam Breaker Now Wants To Break Radio Reception (and reliability)

Post by audiophile » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:54 am

These energy standards are nothing but a reliability boondoggle and anti-consumer choice. Kuddos to Trump for ignoring them.

All major appliances have energy efficiency labels. Consumer can make a choice. Do I want to buy a refrigerator with a variable speed DC motor with a switching power supply and breaks down at first power surge or reliable, no noise, AC motor. AC motor every time!

How much money is wasted when things break and must be replaced? How much time and money will be spent to resolve radio reception issues from all these cheap Chinese switching supplies?

Did you know an AC motor and a transformer is pretty efficient?

There no need for the BS government edict! So much for Democrats being for choice...

https://www.wilx.com/2020/11/18/attorne ... standards/

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Re: Dyke/Dam Breaker Now Wants To Break Radio Reception (and reliability)

Post by Rate This » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:15 am

audiophile wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:54 am
These energy standards are nothing but a reliability boondoggle and anti-consumer choice. Kuddos to Trump for ignoring them.

All major appliances have energy efficiency labels. Consumer can make a choice. Do I want to buy a refrigerator with a variable speed DC motor with a switching power supply and breaks down at first power surge or reliable, no noise, AC motor. AC motor every time!

How much money is wasted when things break and must be replaced? How much time and money will be spent to resolve radio reception issues from all these cheap Chinese switching supplies?

There no need for the BS government edict! So much for Democrats being for choice...

They also save people money which is quite popular and 90% of people don’t know a thing about motors and which one is better. They just know it gets and stays cold. So few people are clamoring for less efficient anything...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:07 am

Shouldn't that be manufacturer/customer decision? The labeling is there - which I support. Why take away consumer choice?

Why do you need a 95% efficient "wallwart"? The real transformer is probably 85% efficient or better and if you are using 10 watts continuous that extra 1 watt will a will cost an extra $1 more for the year! No one would even notice!

The nice thing about transformers is they don't break with with minor surges and distant lighting strikes. Switching power supply once the voltage goes above transistor breakdown voltage it blows up and lets smoke out, possibility burning down your house.

https://netbit.com/ul-1449-protection-f ... -supplies/
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:59 am

audiophile wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:07 am
Shouldn't that be manufacturer/customer decision? The labeling is there - which I support. Why take away consumer choice?

Why do you need a 95% efficient "wallwart"? The real transformer is probably 85% efficient or better and if you are using 10 watts continuous that extra 1 watt will a will cost an extra $1 more for the year! No one would even notice!

The nice thing about transformers is they don't break with with minor surges and distant lighting strikes. Switching power supply once the voltage goes above transistor breakdown voltage it blows up and lets smoke out, possibility burning down your house.

https://netbit.com/ul-1449-protection-f ... -supplies/
Because this is information few comprehend. They do comprehend “so what’s cheapest?” However...

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:54 pm

Very risqué title for this, Audiophile!

I love it!
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:59 pm

audiophile wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:54 am

I agree with you.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic