Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan going BACK INTO LOCKDOWN

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Re: Michigan going BACK INTO LOCKDOWN

Post by audiophile » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:54 am

I know some would scream "age discrimination", but those under age 55, nonsmoker and those without preexisting conditions (or don't live/work with someone that has the same criteria) should allowed to go about their business.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:15 am

audiophile wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:54 am
I know some would scream "age discrimination", but those under age 55, nonsmoker and those without preexisting conditions (or don't live/work with someone that has the same criteria) should allowed to go about their business.
I have been wondering how the transition will work with vaccinated individuals. I am a 1B candidate. Besides the lowered risk I present to those at the shelter, I have the ability to have more freedom once I am vaccinated.

Should we have a vaccinated certificate or app?
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:58 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:51 pm
bmw wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:15 pm
To those of you who support the continued lockdown, I'm curious as to a few things:

1 - What SPECIFIC criteria would you use to determine when the lockdown should end?
2 - What degree of decimation of the small business community is acceptable?
3 - What is the source of authority that gives government bureaucrats such broad discretion in deciding which sectors of the economy to literally destroy and what sectors to allow to survive?
I personally don't care about any of these issues, because I elect people to work on matters like this on my behalf and I don't try to micromanage the government.

I'm sure people who do care are trying to test the boundaries of emergency health orders and the Michigan liquor commission.

We are a nation of laws and I'm sorry you just don't like it. Fortunately, there are remedies in place challenge things you don't agree with.
So, government knows best? You are a true piece of work. Why don't you extend the same courtesy to President Trump?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:20 pm

I'm saying government knows better than some idiot who likes to spout off and call people c**** on a bulletin board

I'm saying that scientists that spend their entire day studying the situation know more than you.

I'm saying you don't know what you're talking about so you're just going to spout an opinion.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:22 pm

zzand wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:06 am
False logic at work here. Your numbers are down because less people are out and about, once they can go back out, if she ever allows it, the numbers will go back up.
That would be the point of a pause... to reduce the numbers... it works, full stop. That it goes back up afterwords proves just how well it works. Meanwhile the hospital system can catch up.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:25 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:58 am
TC Talks wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:51 pm
bmw wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:15 pm
To those of you who support the continued lockdown, I'm curious as to a few things:

1 - What SPECIFIC criteria would you use to determine when the lockdown should end?
2 - What degree of decimation of the small business community is acceptable?
3 - What is the source of authority that gives government bureaucrats such broad discretion in deciding which sectors of the economy to literally destroy and what sectors to allow to survive?
I personally don't care about any of these issues, because I elect people to work on matters like this on my behalf and I don't try to micromanage the government.

I'm sure people who do care are trying to test the boundaries of emergency health orders and the Michigan liquor commission.

We are a nation of laws and I'm sorry you just don't like it. Fortunately, there are remedies in place challenge things you don't agree with.
So, government knows best? You are a true piece of work. Why don't you extend the same courtesy to President Trump?
Because government by a man who doesn’t read and has no depth of knowledge of any subject known to man is not the same as government by a team of people who have studied issues in depth for their entire lives and has actual ideas about how to improve things. It’s just not even a competition. It’s Alabama at its peak against a motley crew of 7th graders.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:27 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:28 am
TC Talks wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:01 pm
Honestly Bryce I don't what question you want me to answer
Which Michigan businesses has Mitch shut down?
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:01 am
And it has worked, dildo. During the last 3 weeks, Michigan went from 8,500 cases to 4,100 each day. Shut downs work!
Dildo? Is that what you're using now since the mask mandate has made it difficult to participate in your favorite sexual activity?

Sure, cases are down. As ZZ said, they will go back up. But cases aren't the metric we should be looking at. Number of deaths as well as who is dying are.

As of December 18th, 2020 Michigan reports 11,212 Covid-19 deaths. Of those 11,212 deaths, people over the age of 65 accounted for 9,240 of them. If you add in people ages 55 to 64, it would jump to 10,470. Let me ask you, if Covid-19 would have taken a total of 742 lives (0.0082 percent of our population) during the year, would the shutdown of business and daily lives taken place? Would it have been warranted?

https://www.mdch.state.mi.us/pha/osr/Pr ... Table2.asp

Our Governor took a chainsaw to a problem in which a scalpel should have been used. Then, poured dirt in the wound by sending infected people to be housed where the most vulnerable live.

Policy designed to protect the high risk population, while letting low risk individuals go about their daily lives was the policy needed here. Asking taxpayers from other states to pay for her ham handedness is beyond the pale.
One of my friends I had made in local politics died last week at 82 due to COVID. Doesn't his life matter? I thought all lives matter?
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:04 pm

Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:27 pm
Bryce wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:28 am
TC Talks wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:01 pm
Honestly Bryce I don't what question you want me to answer
Which Michigan businesses has Mitch shut down?
Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:01 am
And it has worked, dildo. During the last 3 weeks, Michigan went from 8,500 cases to 4,100 each day. Shut downs work!
Dildo? Is that what you're using now since the mask mandate has made it difficult to participate in your favorite sexual activity?

Sure, cases are down. As ZZ said, they will go back up. But cases aren't the metric we should be looking at. Number of deaths as well as who is dying are.

As of December 18th, 2020 Michigan reports 11,212 Covid-19 deaths. Of those 11,212 deaths, people over the age of 65 accounted for 9,240 of them. If you add in people ages 55 to 64, it would jump to 10,470. Let me ask you, if Covid-19 would have taken a total of 742 lives (0.0082 percent of our population) during the year, would the shutdown of business and daily lives taken place? Would it have been warranted?

https://www.mdch.state.mi.us/pha/osr/Pr ... Table2.asp

Our Governor took a chainsaw to a problem in which a scalpel should have been used. Then, poured dirt in the wound by sending infected people to be housed where the most vulnerable live.

Policy designed to protect the high risk population, while letting low risk individuals go about their daily lives was the policy needed here. Asking taxpayers from other states to pay for her ham handedness is beyond the pale.
One of my friends I had made in local politics died last week at 82 due to COVID. Doesn't his life matter? I thought all lives matter?
Did you neglect reading the "protect the people who are high risk" (someone 82 is high risk) part of my post?
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:47 pm

Whitmer still owns one of the highest CFR rates in the country, doesn't she?

Why is our CFR so much higher than neighboring Ohio?

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:35 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:20 pm
I'm saying government knows better than some idiot who likes to spout off and call people c**** on a bulletin board

I'm saying that scientists that spend their entire day studying the situation know more than you.

I'm saying you don't know what you're talking about so you're just going to spout an opinion.
Coming from a pompous cunt like you who is known to just make shit up or lie, I'm not really moved by your insults.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:01 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:35 pm
TC Talks wrote:

Coming from a pompous cunt like you who is known to just make shit up or lie, I'm not really moved by your insults.
Congratulations, you have joined Bidet and TCSU in the "Intellectual Corner". Way to put that education to work.
― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:10 pm

Matt wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

You gotta admit though... you or I or your favorite Cuck that Talks to use your words don’t know as much as somebody who has devoted their entire life to something.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:44 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:01 pm
Matt wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

Congratulations, you have joined Bidet and TCSU in the "Intellectual Corner". Way to put that education to work.
Good comeback. Most people here know you are an insufferable prick with an oversized helping of self-importance. You are not allowed to speak of intellectual honesty, because you have none.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:45 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:10 pm
Matt wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

You gotta admit though... you or I or your favorite Cuck that Talks to use your words don’t know as much as somebody who has devoted their entire life to something.
Robert Gordon has zero health background. We're told he's issuing these orders.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:19 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:45 pm

Robert Gordon has zero health background. We're told he's issuing these orders.

Makes perfect sense. We have an expert on racial matters on this board that lives in an area with almost zero diversity.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic