Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Governor Whitmer: “This is the worst week of COVID we’ve ever had.”

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: Governor Whitmer: “This is the worst week of COVID we’ve ever had.”

Post by Matt » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:02 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:05 pm
Matt wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:58 pm
The Cuck Talks wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:21 pm
Matt wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:06 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:28 pm
TheForce wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:25 pm
If this is true, is another lock down imminent? Will bottle returns be suspended once again? Will mask mandates be enforced?

https://www.wlns.com/news/michigan/gove ... -ever-had/
They have locked down London, England. Even Ontario has tons of cases, they are locking down as well. With nearly 7000 cases.each day, it is long since time to lockdown.
Wrong. Lockdowns don't work.
Quit pulling bullshit out of your ass. Lockdowns definitely are effective at limiting spread.

Each and every state and country that utilize lockdowns as a preventative measure are the same locations that have the lowest amount of covid even with this second wave.

Feel free to Google it otherwise why don't you go run in some traffic.
Wow, now the pathetic, racist liberal victim is resorting to suggesting self harm...
When somebody you know is in the hospital or dies and you couldn’t be there AT ALL, don’t ask for sympathy. You clearly couldn’t give a fuck. Until then you will be perfectly unable to have the gravity of it penetrate your mile thick skull.
Its interesting that you chose to tee off on me on a response that I had to a lowlife that suggested I harm/kill myself. His comments were despicable, but yours are just misguided.

The reality of my life for almost the last year is I've proven to myself that I have the ability to persevere through some pretty awful shit, something that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. I understand that covid is a real threat and would hate to lose someone to it, but I strongly feel that life is meant to be lived. We're in a time where that looks different than it should look, and I can accept that, but people should still get to do things that bring them joy. None of us is promised another day, so we need to make the most of each day we have. Perhaps it would be a good start to NOT assume every viewpoint is politically charged...

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:13 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Matt wrote:
TheForce wrote:
If this is true, is another lock down imminent? Will bottle returns be suspended once again? Will mask mandates be enforced?

They have locked down London, England. Even Ontario has tons of cases, they are locking down as well. With nearly 7000 cases.each day, it is long since time to lockdown.
This kind of language during a pandemic isn't need right now. People are depressed.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:59 am

Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:13 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Matt wrote:
TheForce wrote:

This kind of language during a pandemic isn't need right now. People are depressed.
Darwin at work?

zzand

Post by zzand » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:12 am

Matt, I have spent the last three weeks watching, from a distance, my healthy 36 year old daughter and 34 year old daughter fight COVID. Thankfully they are both on the road to recovery because they were in good health, no underlying medical conditions, to begin with. As a father it was a horrible feeling to be entirely helpless to do anything other than wait and watch while COVID did it's thing. Their contact tracing showed that both were infected by a carrier in their workplaces, both supervisors, who didn't wear a mask even though both my daughters wear fitted N-95's. The co-workers said no one is going to tell me what to do and they are responsible for almost 30 cases between them. They both are suspended by their employers for not following written policies for the virus. My hope is no one here ever has to deal with this. My other hope is everyone will start taking this serious.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:58 am

I feel the workplace needs to take a harder stance on mask usage. At my store it's not enforced and that is very troublesome to me. Employees are required to mask up but it's not enforced for customers. Tons of people coming in with no mask. I get their frustration of not wanting to be told what to do but there are rules and regulations set forth due to the pandemic. Personally I think it's a selfish act not masking up and a slap in the face to retail workers such as myself putting my health and safety on the line and they don't reciprocate. I keep thinking about contacting HR about it but I don't wanna step on any toes either.
zzand wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:12 am
Matt, I have spent the last three weeks watching, from a distance, my healthy 36 year old daughter and 34 year old daughter fight COVID. Thankfully they are both on the road to recovery because they were in good health, no underlying medical conditions, to begin with. As a father it was a horrible feeling to be entirely helpless to do anything other than wait and watch while COVID did it's thing. Their contact tracing showed that both were infected by a carrier in their workplaces, both supervisors, who didn't wear a mask even though both my daughters wear fitted N-95's. The co-workers said no one is going to tell me what to do and they are responsible for almost 30 cases between them. They both are suspended by their employers for not following written policies for the virus. My hope is no one here ever has to deal with this. My other hope is everyone will start taking this serious.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:02 pm

zzand wrote:
Sorry to hear about your daughters. Glad they are getting over it!

N95 mask are only 95% efficient at 0.3 microns, meaning 5% slips through which is great for paint and dust, but not viruses at 0.03 microns. If both sides wore a N95% that would have been better - but even then they are NOT FOOL PROOF!

What type of work do they do?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

zzand

Post by zzand » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:28 pm

They work in the RV industry. Comptrollers that spend time on the assembly line monitoring and auditing

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:22 pm

zzand wrote:
And this is why I will knowingly keep fighting against COVID here. If I can convince just one person to wear a mask I will. My 37 year old friend in Dallas nearly died. He has been hospitalized 11 times and counting since July.

My cousin(mid 30s), a flight attendant, got it in July. She also lives in Texas, and the idiot passenger KNEW he had COVID and still got on the plane anyways. She was sick three weeks but got her sense of smell back right before the election.

My former pastor nearly died from COVID. No one thought he is would make it.
He was on an incubator for three weeks. He had worked as an assistant chaplain at Warren PD, and a cop likely gave it to him.

People smirk at COVID, but my former pastor and friend in Dallas will have forever altered lives. I don't care if McLovin laughs and says "let the fags worry about it".

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:56 pm

The basic masks you are wearing won't protect you! Even N95's have failed.

https://www.thesafetyhouse.com/media/do ... rators.pdf

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:27 pm

Here is a decent video about all the factors:
https://www.facebook.com/drericberg/vid ... 7573160005

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:31 pm

zzand wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:28 pm
They work in the RV industry. Comptrollers that spend time on the assembly line monitoring and auditing
I am sorry to hear about your family getting sick. I am really fearful of this reaching my dad and others.

There are many fundamental and orthodox types in the RV world. Elkhart has the highest rate in Indiana. It's difficult to overcome some of the voodoo kinds of beliefs with some people.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:30 am

Another thing that doesn't help is most of the cabinet shops are populated by Amish who are woefully in the dark about the whole mess since they are disconnected form the world for the most part. What information they do get is through employers and conversations with co-workers so they don't get good intel. The recent bad outbreak in the Amish community is Ohio is proof of this. Thankfully in the Elkhart area the Health Department is doing a lot of outreach to the community and they are responding by going to doctors and getting tested.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:27 pm

Well this is interesting:

https://web.archive.org/web/20201126223 ... o-covid-19

snippets:
"Johns Hopkins published this study on Sunday which posits that Covid is nowhere near the disaster we're being told it is. "

"After retrieving data on the CDC website, Briand compiled a graph representing percentages of total deaths per age category from early February to early September, which includes the period from before COVID-19 was detected in the U.S. to after infection rates soared.

Surprisingly, the deaths of older people stayed the same before and after COVID-19. Since COVID-19 mainly affects the elderly, experts expected an increase in the percentage of deaths in older age groups. However, this increase is not seen from the CDC data. In fact, the percentages of deaths among all age groups remain relatively the same.

"The reason we have a higher number of reported COVID-19 deaths among older individuals than younger individuals is simply because every day in the U.S. older individuals die in higher numbers than younger individuals," Briand said."

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:32 pm

So it just moves the death cause from one to another

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic