Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Come from behinds

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 14896

Come from behinds

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:36 pm

Okay. So Trump was ahead and Biden passed him once they started counting the urban vote. James was ahead and Peters passed him once they started counting the urban vote. I get it.

So what's the deal with Stevens? She was more than a little behind and pulled ahead to beat her opponent. Isn't her district basically the same demographic?

Honeyman

Re: Come from behinds

Post by Honeyman » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:56 pm

You just know trollinlife is gonna respond to a thread with this title.
The censorship king from out of state.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:46 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:36 pm
Okay. So Trump was ahead and Biden passed him once they started counting the urban vote. James was ahead and Peters passed him once they started counting the urban vote. I get it.

So what's the deal with Stevens? She was more than a little behind and pulled ahead to beat her opponent. Isn't her district basically the same demographic?
Stevens district used to lean Republican however McCotter kind of screwed that up and then Trott after him knew the writing was on the wall and the district was starting to change with all the anti Trump stuff. So now it leans Democrat although the demographics have not changed. Just a lot of anti- Trump and the GOP has not had the best of candidates. That being said, Stevens actually did a good job representing the district and seems to work hard/very engaged.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:58 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:36 pm

Even in more conservative areas the remaining votes heavily favored the Democrat. The Democrats didn’t just make up ground in cities... they made up ground in every single county that way.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:03 pm

Huh? Have you looked at congressional races at both the federal and state level?

Democrats got their asses kicked according to expectations.

We even see a liberal Governor throwing shit on an ultra liberal whack job Mayor for costing congressional seats.

And while I'm at it, "Come From Behinds" sounds like a Jeapordy question that would be answered, 'What is a homosexual fart."
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:22 am

Bryce wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:03 pm
Huh? Have you looked at congressional races at both the federal and state level?

Democrats got their asses kicked according to expectations.

We even see a liberal Governor throwing shit on an ultra liberal whack job Mayor for costing congressional seats.

And while I'm at it, "Come From Behinds" sounds like a Jeapordy question that would be answered, 'What is a homosexual fart."
That’s how Biden caught up. He didn’t have to win the areas or even come close... he just had to get enough of the outstanding vote which because it was mail in favored the democrats regardless of the lean of the county. They may have gotten their asses kicked in total but that just means more people voted in person. It doesn’t change who benefits from each kind of vote.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:33 am

R Bedell wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:40 am
Imagine that, 47 Counties (to include Antrim Co) in Michigan used "flawed Software" that tilted the results at 4:00am to the Democrats. It is now turned over to the US Attorneys and we will see what happens.

Now if Michigan has 47 Counties with "flawed Software", how many other Counties in the USA used this same software...???

IF..........the Biden people are so confident of their numbers, where is the transparency?? Why are they obstructing Ballot Observers ??
Why are they covering the windows up ?? ...........WHAT ARE THEY HIDING......??????
Nobody is hiding anything. Too fucking bad.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:03 am

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:56 pm
You just know trollinlife is gonna respond to a thread with this title.
Actually I titled it like that on purpose, just so LustyLife could try to think of something clever.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:48 am

The software in Antrim County was originally misconfigured / not properly updated by a Republican county clerk.

Ooooo the irony!

I do agree that results from areas where the software is used need to be double and triple checked.

Mike, precincts in central and northern Oakland County vary widely in terms of lifestyle and ideology. The outlying townships lean heavily Republican, have fewer votes to tabulate, and probably had a higher percentage of votes cast on election day itself. The M-59 and Big Beaver Rd. corridor suburbs likely had a higher percentage of mail-in ballots, where the tabulation process is more time consuming. White professionals, especially women, voted Biden.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:07 am

I will say the one ad depicting Stevens as a crazed crackpot while speaking on the floor of the House was effective and certainly diminished my opinion of her.

She underperformed certain other Dem candidates such as Biden by several points in her congressional district.

Before that ad ran, I predicted she would win by five points. It turned out to be a two point margin.

Peters and Coulter outperformed her vote total.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:12 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:07 am
I will say the one ad depicting Stevens as a crazed crackpot while speaking on the floor of the House was effective and certainly diminished my opinion of her.
Every member of Congress does a "hissy fit" for the mostly empty chamber from time to time. She's not my district. But if it was, that would not of swayed my vote.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic