Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Gary Peters wins

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
km1125

Re: Gary Peters wins

Post by km1125 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:02 pm

He lost the urban vote because 80% pulled the single ticket lever. Most didn't probably have a clue who they were actually voting for!!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:08 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:53 am
MasterB wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:48 am
Rate This wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:54 am
MasterB wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:19 pm
Only wins by 1% John James did quite well again his star keeps shining John James will run for Congress to build a record and maybe in a few years time run for statewide again. Seems that if you run for US senate twice they don't ever run again. Peters is better than Stabenow who has done nothing for the state of Michigan I can't think of anything she has done to help the state.
Good he can become perennial candidate John James and lose 6 more times. We’ll take it.
I don't see John James losing 6 more times he's going to win an election in the state of Michigan. I'll always vote for John James when he runs for state wide election again.
Dog catcher is open.. maybe Macomb county clerk?
Republican Anthony Forlini won that race. I actually voted for him because Fred Miller(D) is a racist and backstabbed my friend Steve Bieda(D) two years ago. Bye, Fred. Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:41 am

Peters garnered 72,000 more votes than James in Oakland County.

Not sure about municipality breakouts for Senate, but for President, Farmington Hills went for Biden by nearly a 25 point margin. Numerous large communities such as Royal Oak, Madison Heights, Farmington Hills, and Novi went for Biden by double digits. We all know Southfield and Oak Park went Dem by massive margins.

I suspect the Senatorial results were fairly similar.

Dems countywide had a 50,000 vote margin in straight ticket voting.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:45 am

John James corny ads (fake newscast) toward the end of the race, a very effective negative ad by Peters showing James lack of policy chops on the health care reform question, and anti-Trump sentiment all hurt James.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:26 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:41 am

Not sure about municipality breakouts for Senate, but for President, Farmington Hills went for Biden by nearly a 25 point margin. Numerous large communities such as Royal Oak, Madison Heights, Farmington Hills, and Novi went for Biden by double digits. We all know Southfield and Oak Park went Dem by massive margins.

Tis a sad state of affairs. I remember the days, not all that long ago, when Oakland County was solidly red.

It just seems incongruous to me that people would move to an area for a better quality of life only to support candidates with the same policy and ideologies that created the poor quality of life in the area they moved from. Fortunately, I only have two more years before I can flee Oakland County so I won't have to personally witness it's decline.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:34 am

Bryce wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:26 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:41 am

Tis a sad state of affairs. I remember the days, not all that long ago, when Oakland County was solidly red.

It just seems incongruous to me that people would move to an area for a better quality of life only to support candidates with the same policy and ideologies that created the poor quality of life in the area they moved from. Fortunately, I only have two more years before I can flee Oakland County so I won't have to personally witness it's decline.
It’s because professionals are now overwhelmingly blue and Oakland county has a lot of them. I remember when Macomb county was solid blue, it’s a bit redder now... blue collar folks have shifted the other way.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:46 am

Many Trump voters in Macomb four years ago (and probably this year) pulled the single ticket lever, too.

Case in point: the election of crazy cat lady and elder abuser, Karen Spranger.

It runs both ways but Urban Dems probably do so in greater proportion.

I was supportive of doing away with single ticket voting. Voters should vote for the best person for each race.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:07 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:46 am
Many Trump voters in Macomb four years ago (and probably this year) pulled the single ticket lever, too.

Case in point: the election of crazy cat lady and elder abuser, Karen Spranger.

It runs both ways but Urban Dems probably do so in greater proportion.

I was supportive of doing away with single ticket voting. Voters should vote for the best person for each race.
But Trump won Macomb four years ago and Spranger was a Republican...

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:15 am

Exactly. That's my point. Trump voters that year voted straight ticket in large enough number to propel an unemployed freeloader to victory.

P.S...I meant to say straight party voting earlier, not single ticket. The terms basically mean the same thing, though.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:17 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:15 am
Exactly. That's my point. Trump voters that year voted straight ticket in large enough number to propel an unemployed freeloader to victory.

P.S...I meant to say straight party voting earlier, not single ticket. The terms basically mean the same thing.
Oh read it wrong... then yes good point. It would certainly introduce competition into the races in some locations.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:41 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
If we're EVER going to move away from a two-party-only system, it would be a BIG step to get rid of the ability to just mark one box. By doing so, you're enabling and encouraging a single political party to run the country, and that's not good for anyone.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:07 pm

km1125 wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:41 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
If we're EVER going to move away from a two-party-only system, it would be a BIG step to get rid of the ability to just mark one box. By doing so, you're enabling and encouraging a single political party to run the country, and that's not good for anyone.
They'll just find the two parties manually again.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:30 pm

It's very sad that Macomb County has chosen racism, especially north of 14 Mile. Warren voted for Biden, but Sterling Heights did not. My state rep district goes from 12 Mile to 18 Mile and from Van Dyke to roughly Dodge Park/Utica/Hoover Rd. The racist Paul Smith(R) garnered 48%. We're talking about a guy worse than Stranger.

Unfortunately, our county commissioner seat for district #1 also elected Michelle (kick me in the) Nard. Nard is pretty much the Democratic version of Spranger. She lied about her education and work history. Watch the news for her hijinks in the Make Em(Macomb) Daily.

Macomb politics sucks, and we have an executive DINO in Hackel that refuses to address the pandemic other than his pathetic YouTube videos.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:51 pm

I wonder why Dem primary voters picked Michelle Nard over Andrey Duzyj?

I suspect it was gender bias.

Mr. Hackel strikes me as somewhat of an empty suit at times, but he's mostly harmless and seems like a decent man. In contrast, look at all the damage Bob Ficano did in Wayne County.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:46 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:51 pm
I wonder why Dem primary voters picked Michelle Nard over Andrey Duzyj?

I suspect it was gender bias.

Mr. Hackel strikes me as somewhat of an empty suit at times, but he's mostly harmless and seems like a decent man. In contrast, look at all the damage Bob Ficano did in Wayne County.
It was divide and conquer. Terry Wisniewski(whom I voted for in the primary) was a strong 3rd at 31%. Andrey never did shit for us. Nard got 37% to win. It was a strong 3 way race similar to when my friend Bill Barnwell ran against Andrey and Jeremy Fisher.

Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic