Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Gary Peters wins

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
matt1

Gary Peters wins

Post by matt1 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:37 am

I wanted John James to win. >: :horns

Rate This

Re: Gary Peters wins

Post by Rate This » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:20 am

matt1 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:37 am
Better luck the third time he runs.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:27 am

matt1 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:37 am
:rollin :rollin

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:36 am

I hope this is a wake-up call for Peters to get more active with Michigan. Debbie is insulated because she is so dug-in with agriculture, which is traditionally a Conservative Republican group. He needs to find a group predominantly Republican to start advocating and building a relationship with.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:16 am

Racists, I tell ya, all the Peters voters were racist! :razz

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:18 pm

I was hoping John James would upset Peters, kind of like when Peters upset Joe Knollenberg for the MI house seat. Apparently the opportunity for more diversity of color amongst the US Senate is upended by Democrats, kind of ironic

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:46 pm

Repeal and replace Obama care? Hell no. Bye JJ!

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:17 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:46 pm
Evidently yours is subsidized.

I'm thinking Ferndale and Royal Oak cost James the election. I've been told most of the guys that live in those cities prefer Peters.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:04 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:17 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:46 pm
Evidently yours is subsidized.

I'm thinking Ferndale and Royal Oak cost James the election. I've been told most of the guys that live in those cities prefer Peters.
Wrong. I am on Medicaid due to this piss poor economy. But when I get working full time and offered no health insurance, you bet I will get an ACA plan.

Audacity sucks.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:19 pm

Only wins by 1% John James did quite well again his star keeps shining John James will run for Congress to build a record and maybe in a few years time run for statewide again. Seems that if you run for US senate twice they don't ever run again. Peters is better than Stabenow who has done nothing for the state of Michigan I can't think of anything she has done to help the state.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:54 am

MasterB wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:19 pm
Only wins by 1% John James did quite well again his star keeps shining John James will run for Congress to build a record and maybe in a few years time run for statewide again. Seems that if you run for US senate twice they don't ever run again. Peters is better than Stabenow who has done nothing for the state of Michigan I can't think of anything she has done to help the state.
Good he can become perennial candidate John James and lose 6 more times. We’ll take it.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:14 am

I think I'd be ok with him replacing Whitmer at the earliest opportunity.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:48 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:54 am
MasterB wrote:
Good he can become perennial candidate John James and lose 6 more times. We’ll take it.
I don't see John James losing 6 more times he's going to win an election in the state of Michigan. I'll always vote for John James when he runs for state wide election again.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:53 am

MasterB wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:48 am
Rate This wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:54 am
MasterB wrote:
I don't see John James losing 6 more times he's going to win an election in the state of Michigan. I'll always vote for John James when he runs for state wide election again.
Dog catcher is open.. maybe Macomb county clerk?

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:44 pm

km1125 wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:14 am
I think I'd be ok with him replacing Whitmer at the earliest opportunity.
MasterB and TC Talks already touched on it. I'm betting a coffee and donut he tries another run against Stabenow. Before his loss to Peter's, his loss to Stabenow was the closest U.S. Senate election in Michigan since 2000. He's inching closer to a victory. Maybe third time's the charm.

Why am I suprised he lost the urban vote? Did he not spend time talking the talk and pressing the flesh at churches and community centers in the inner city? Just like Biden had Hillary's 2016 votes safely tucked away, it seems James would have Trump's suburban and rural votes without much work. I'm thinking a little more "I'm one of you" effort on the corner of every town that has a MLK Boulevard would of put him over the top.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic