Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Detroit News backs John James, Republican challenger to Democrat Gary Peters, in Michigan Senate race

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Detroit News backs John James, Republican challenger to Democrat Gary Peters, in Michigan Senate race

Post by audiophile » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:20 am

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d=msedgntp

This is somewhat surprising because both papers are essentially co-owned, and I consider them both to be fairly liberal.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Detroit News backs John James, Republican challenger to Democrat Gary Peters, in Michigan Senate race

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:39 pm

All that PAC money got to the right people at Gannett. Sweet.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Re: Detroit News backs John James, Republican challenger to Democrat Gary Peters, in Michigan Senate race

Post by TC Talks » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:27 pm

Let me guess, Free Press, Metro Times, The Bridge, M Live all endorse Peters.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

BME

Post by BME » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:14 pm

audiophile wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:20 am
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d=msedgntp

This is somewhat surprising because both papers are essentially co-owned, and I consider them both to be fairly liberal.
Then you do not read the Detroit News ... not a liberal paper at all.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:55 am

The Detroit News has been conservative, and Freep liberal since the early 90s. My parents stopped their Free Press subscription and went to the Detroit News at the time because of it.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:56 am

BME wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:14 pm
You are correct that the editorial board is firmly conservative. The jury is out on some of the reporters.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:39 am

Bryce wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:56 am
BME wrote:
You are correct that the editorial board is firmly conservative. The jury is out on some of the reporters.
Ding!

Also don't forget they endorsed Gary Johnson in 2016;
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:52 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:39 am
Bryce wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:56 am
BME wrote:
Ding!

Also don't forget they endorsed Gary Johnson in 2016;
I wish that I voted Gary Johnson in 2016 for president. I hope that John James pulls off the upset on election night and beat Peters.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic