Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Schools Reopening Not A Major Covid-19 Problem

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Schools Reopening Not A Major Covid-19 Problem

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:11 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:40 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:25 pm
People are panic buying today. Everyone on Facebook was posting their Meijer line pics to the back of the store. I was simply getting ahead by stocking up on toilet paper and making sure I am good until February. We hit 1500 cases and since the mask orders are likely to be stripped away, I fully expect the hospitals to be overloaded by Thanksgiving. We will probably start seeing the tents outside each hospital again. But hey, at least I don't have to wear a mask now! Freedumb!!!!!!
Whitmer should just declare a state of emergency and cancel it on day 29 and reissue everything the next day and be done with it. Make them take 6 months to get through the courts again. Fuck em. Tomorrow’s numbers should be fun. 1900 or so cases is the record for one day.
I agree on both counts. These numbers have to stop. I am sure she has been strategizing all weekend. Love our governor.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:10 pm

Rate This wrote:
People are panic buying today. Everyone on Facebook was posting their Meijer line pics to the back of the store. I was simply getting ahead by stocking up on toilet paper and making sure I am good until February. We hit 1500 cases and since the mask orders are likely to be stripped away, I fully expect the hospitals to be overloaded by Thanksgiving. We will probably start seeing the tents outside each hospital again. But hey, at least I don't have to wear a mask now! Freedumb!!!!!!
Whitmer should just declare a state of emergency and cancel it on day 29 and reissue everything the next day and be done with it. Make them take 6 months to get through the courts again. Fuck em. Tomorrow’s numbers should be fun. 1900 or so cases is the record for one day.
Nice try, but 1,809 for TWO days, or 904 per day. 7 deaths for Sunday/Monday.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:52 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:10 pm
Rate This wrote:
Nice try, but 1,809 for TWO days, or 904 per day. 7 deaths for Sunday/Monday.
I realize that smartass. However we just had 1500+ in ONE day a couple days ago.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:42 pm

Over 900 a day is not any achievement.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:07 pm

2,030 cases reported today and it’s a one day total... new record.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:31 pm

Cold weather doesn't help matters.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:24 pm

audiophile wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:31 pm
Cold weather doesn't help matters.
No it doesn’t though apparently this was partially due to a slowdown somewhere along the way.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:34 pm

We're testing 3-4 TIMES as many folks daily now as we were back in May or June, but yet having LESS positive results then back at that time. Every now and then we might see more positives than before, but we're testing THREE OR FOUR TIMES AS MANY.

Are we really seeing an increase???

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:35 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:07 pm
Look at the asterisk:

*Note (10/15/20): Late Wednesday a data slowdown in the processing of laboratory results to the statewide reporting system was noted. This slowdown started Tuesday and delayed the entry of some lab results by up to 15 hours. The issue was resolved yesterday and the processing of lab results is now operating normally. No data was lost. Today's count of cases includes a number of cases that would have been included in yesterday's total.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:36 pm

km1125 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:35 pm
Rate This wrote:
Look at the asterisk:

*Note (10/15/20): Late Wednesday a data slowdown in the processing of laboratory results to the statewide reporting system was noted. This slowdown started Tuesday and delayed the entry of some lab results by up to 15 hours. The issue was resolved yesterday and the processing of lab results is now operating normally. No data was lost. Today's count of cases includes a number of cases that would have been included in yesterday's total.
Of course RT left out a crucial fact...

Also, we have no context with cases. How many are asymptomatic? How many are false positives? How many are minor symptoms?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:33 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:36 pm
km1125 wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Look at the asterisk:

Also, we have no context with cases. How many are asymptomatic? How many are false positives? How many are minor symptoms?
And how many are retested but are counted as new individuals

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:55 pm

km1125 wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Look at the asterisk:

I get Wood TV headlines in my email sometimes will show the COVID count for the state sometimes with the deaths will have a * in it maybe because of a delay or something. Getting into winter and the weather getting cold there was going to be a spike in COVID cases.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:56 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:36 pm
km1125 wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Look at the asterisk:

I added that in a second post below the first. Reading is fundamental. That is all.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:13 am

Oh yeah, people are being so fucking responsible that we set a new record! See what "open up" gets you. If one of my aunts or parents dies from this shit, I will never vote for a Republican, even for drain commissioner.

Audacity sucks.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:54 am

Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:13 am
Oh yeah, people are being so fucking responsible that we set a new record! See what "open up" gets you. If one of my aunts or parents dies from this shit, I will never vote for a Republican, even for drain commissioner.
It's not a "record" at all. It's merely a counting anomaly. It's disgusting that media plays this up. Just saw Crain's run the same headline. Isn't it supposed to be the media's job to look behind the numbers and question how they got there and just report the FACTS, rather than just sensationalize it?

Here's the TRUE facts. Lets forget the variability in the amount of testing we've been doing, which would show an increase even though the same number of folks were actually infected. If, in the whole population in Michigan, there is a 1% infection rate, how many positive tests would we report each day if we did 10,000 tests one day and 40,000 tests the next day? Did the problem get 4x worse in one day???

Here is a great graph to look at. This is the number of folks with "CoronaVirus-like symptoms" being reported into the medical community:

In case that image doesn't work, here's a link to the page:
https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus/0, ... --,00.html

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic