Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Please vote before he speaks

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 14896

Please vote before he speaks

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:00 am

I suppose I could of posted this in the other political forum.

Seems lately there's an urgency by our local stations to get folks to cast a ballot early. Don't wait. Yada Yada. So this is sort of an observation and a question.

Is it possible the media is apprehensive that once the three debates are over, folks are going to change their mind on who they want? Get the votes in before these two stammer and stutter and (both) make fools of themselves.

And here's the question. If I vote early for one of these septuagenarians, and change my mind, how (or if) can I change my vote?

km1125

Re: Please vote before he speaks

Post by km1125 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:37 am

Supposedly there is a way to void an early ballot if you need to make a change, but that should not be allowed. If you voted too early that's a CHOICE and "the system" should not have to accommodate the whims of folks. The only folks that should be voting early are ones that are not going to change their mind at all.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:32 pm

The USPS is, by many accounts, a total disaster right now. The best advice now for Republicans is to directly deliver their absentee ballots directly to the Clerk's Office, close to the election, to minimize the possibility of tampering and/or destruction of Republican ballots by Democrats, and the amount of time Democrats would have to tamper with it or destroy it. There was a time when the Democrats could be trusted, but that time has passed.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:47 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:32 pm
The USPS is, by many accounts, a total disaster right now. The best advice now for Republicans is to directly deliver their absentee ballots directly to the Clerk's Office, close to the election, to minimize the possibility of tampering and/or destruction of Republican ballots by Democrats, and the amount of time Democrats would have to tamper with it or destroy it. There was a time when the Democrats could be trusted, but that time has passed.
That's interesting because I have been advising people to do that, and I'm a Democrat.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:52 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:47 pm
TC Shuts Up wrote:
That's interesting because I have been advising people to do that, and I'm a Democrat.
Whenever I voted absentee that is what I did, drop it off at the clerk's office. I always felt it was like a blind trust to send that thing thru the mail unless I was hundreds of miles away from my voter address.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:53 pm

km1125 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:37 am
Supposedly there is a way to void an early ballot if you need to make a change, but that should not be allowed. If you voted too early that's a CHOICE and "the system" should not have to accommodate the whims of folks. The only folks that should be voting early are ones that are not going to change their mind at all.
It varies by state law. Not very many states allow this. When Trump said it in North Carolina and Pennsylvania he suggested a felony. It takes 2 minutes to look up so he could have come armed with he states that allow people to disqualify their absentee ballot to then vote again. He’s not organized enough for that.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:57 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Or just vote in person...

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:35 am

Matt wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:57 pm
Or just vote in person...
I always vote in person.
Our precinct is always a party on election day. People laughing and talking with everyone. Always a good time.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic