Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Snyder gone senile?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
km1125

Snyder gone senile?

Post by km1125 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:09 am

Just saw that "the nerd" Snyder is backing Biden. Did he go senile? Does he not see that Biden can't function??

Must have been bullied in high school and still harbors blinding resentment.

audiophile

Re: Snyder gone senile?

Post by audiophile » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:51 am

He was ok, but that might be a backfire and be an endorsement for Trump.

Snyder might be upset for his friends at Gateway/Acer/Emachines. They are sellouts, literally.

Brian Calley was the real gem. I would like to see a rematch with Gretch.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:12 am

He doesn't like Trump, like most people have ever dealt with Trump. He said he's supporting Republicans up and down the ballot otherwise.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:22 pm

Snyder is, and always was, a Nancy boy. Guy's like Trump gave him swirlies in high school. He's never forgotten and has deep ingrained shame that he couldn't do anything about it then and he can't do anything about it now.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:54 pm

Snyder in his op-ed appearing in USA Today sharply criticized the Trump / GOP congressional tax cuts.

I've been telling anyone who would listen to me for YEARS that Snyder was not a through-and-through conservative. On some policy matters, he certainly is. In many areas, he is not.

Snyder loves him some government-private partnerships (read: crony capitalism)and was a key architect of the white elephant road funding proposal known as Proposal A. Also, remember the NERD fund and Skunk Works? The former in particular - very, very shady. In my opinion, certain companies "donated" to his pet causes via the NERD fund so they in turn could receive tax incentives, grants, etc. from the Michigan Economic Development Corporation.

Snyder is a weasel. Under his command, tens of thousands of Michigan residents had their hard earned money embezzled by the Michigan UIA for months on end.

Is it any wonder Whitmer was so complimentary of Snyder when she campaigned for his old job?

The bigger surprise to me was the fact former Congressman, Dave Trott (R-Birmingham), announced he, too, would be voting for Joe Biden.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:48 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:22 pm
Snyder is, and always was, a Nancy boy. Guy's like Trump gave him swirlies in high school. He's never forgotten and has deep ingrained shame that he couldn't do anything about it then and he can't do anything about it now.
Guys like Trump cower in fear the moment anybody stands up to them.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:24 pm

Not surprised that Rick Snyder isn't supporting Donald Trump he didn't support him in 2016 I'm thinking the nerd voted 3RD party as he doesn't seem he would like Hillary just my opinion.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:33 pm

I think Snyder explained his issues with Trump very well, both in his op-ed and the interview with mlive. I disagree with his conclusion, but I can see where he's coming from. Remember, he had direct access to the man. There aren't many that work for/with Trump that reflect fondly on that time...
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:55 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:54 pm
Snyder in his op-ed appearing in USA Today sharply criticized the Trump / GOP congressional tax cuts.

I've been telling anyone who would listen to me for YEARS that Snyder was not a through-and-through conservative. On some policy matters, he certainly is. In many areas, he is not.

Snyder loves him some government-private partnerships (read: crony capitalism)and was a key architect of the white elephant road funding proposal known as Proposal A. Also, remember the NERD fund and Skunk Works? The former in particular - very, very shady. In my opinion, certain companies "donated" to his pet causes via the NERD fund so they in turn could receive tax incentives, grants, etc. from the Michigan Economic Development Corporation.

Snyder is a weasel. Under his command, tens of thousands of Michigan residents had their hard earned money embezzled by the Michigan UIA for months on end.

Is it any wonder Whitmer was so complimentary of Snyder when she campaigned for his old job?

The bigger surprise to me was the fact former Congressman, Dave Trott (R-Birmingham), announced he, too, would be voting for Joe Biden.
Dave Trout??? Whoaaa.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic