Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Road commissioner uses N-word

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Road commissioner uses N-word

Post by Rate This » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:10 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:37 pm
audiophile wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:29 am
I haven't said much of anything here but since you brought it up 1 Kings 14:24 and Romans 1:26, 27 seem to be at odds with your new theology.
1 Kings 14:24 related to Jewish law.

For Romans, do an exegetical study on it, and you will find that Paul was referring to the pagans who used sex acts as a way to appease the Roman gods. Secondly, the word homosexual did not appear in the Bible until the 1940's.
My favorite bible quote is from Romans 13:
“Let every person be subject to the governing authorities; for there is no authority except from God, and those authorities that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists authority resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment."

Paul hated the Roman Empire with a white hot passion but not exactly government in general and especially not in any unlawful way.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:19 pm

Yeah, somehow the render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's part gets lost on most conservative Christians these days.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:26 pm

Maybe they thought the Bible meant this guy?

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:31 pm

audiophile wrote:
I haven't said much of anything here but since you brought it up 1 Kings 14:24 and Romans 1:26, 27 seem to be at odds with your new theology.
Here's proof regarding the word homosexuality being added to the Bible in the 1940's

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/keithgile ... -pre-1946/

Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:59 pm

Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:31 pm
audiophile wrote:
Here's proof regarding the word homosexuality being added to the Bible in the 1940's

You’re correct the last part of your Buzzboard name is Freak, and that’s what you are.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:22 pm

Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:19 pm
Yeah, somehow the render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's part gets lost on most conservative Christians these days.
that part of the Bible doesn't help them make money from the poor and ignorant.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:23 pm

Lucky615 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:59 pm
audiophile wrote:

You’re correct the last part of your Buzzboard name is Freak, and that’s what you are.
good one. You're a certifiable genius with Snappy comebacks like that one. Did you learn that while getting your doctorate?
Last edited by TC Talks on Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:27 pm

Fucky, you got to become more original than that....

Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:02 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:27 pm
Would cocksucker make the list? How about Cracker? White boy? Whitey? Faggot?
Are you suggesting the Leelanau County road commission member is anything other than a vile individual?
No, Bryce is just being his usual whiny, contrarian self. Angry Old White Man Syndrome on full display. Ho fucking hum.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:44 am

audiophile wrote:

One word does not change the clear meaning. You sort of skirted the issue. Instead changing of your signature line, why not just keep it to yourself and be celebate?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:02 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Would cocksucker make the list? How about Cracker? White boy? Whitey? Faggot?
Are you suggesting the Leelanau County road commission member is anything other than a vile individual?
He could certainly be a vile individual, but if all the vile individuals are to be fired, there's going to one big ass unemployment line. And, who gets to define who is vile and who isn't?

The point I was trying to make in my "Old whiny conservative white guy way," is that it seems to me that the cancel culture mob applies different standards as to who and what is getting canceled and seems to make the rules up as we go along. They freaking "canceled" Don Cherry for saying "You people" for God's sake. Yet Joy Reid makes explicit homophobic posts and gets a prime time gig on MSNBC?

Another example, take TCU football coach Gary Patterson. He called out one of his freshman players for using the "N" word during team meetings. The player continued to do so and Patterson very forcibly told him "You will not use the word "Nig***" in team meetings" and called him a fucking brat. Patterson is in all sorts of hot water over this, when in fact he was trying to do the right thing and teach the youngster some manners.
MWmetalhead wrote:
At my company, use of any racist or sexual identity insult in the workplace will get you fired in a heartbeat. I think most people have enough common sense to figure out which terms not to use in a professional setting
I detest the Black Lives Matter movement. It was started based on a lie, rooted in racism and is directed by avowed Marxists. I wonder if I made my feelings known in water cooler conversation it would be grounds for termination at your company? Would wearing a BLM button to work be grounds for termination?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:40 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:34 am
Bryce wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:20 pm
So could one of you lefties come up with a list of words, that when used, are an offense worthy of firing?

Would cocksucker make the list? How about Cracker? White boy? Whitey? Faggot? If I ask you to clean the floor Spic and Span? If I order a Negroni at the bar, should I be fired? If I buy a can of beans with frijoles negro on the label, am I getting fired? If I decide to act niggardly and tell people, shall I be fired?

If I put my finger in a dike? I guess I better not buy a pouch of Red Man chew. Blo-Pops will probably get me in trouble too, cross those of my list. The list of possibilities go on and on.

Will one of you lefties, for the love of God come up with a list so we know what the hell is OK and what isn't?

Try as I might I can't find a "right" to not be offended. Racist or not.
No words should ever be illegal.
Getting fired for using very offensive language is to be expected. Free speech always has a cost. There just isn't a corner of this country where using bigotry is openly accepted anymore despite how hard the village idiot baits racists. Bryce has no problem showing his colors here, but I am betting he knows how to keep his mouth shut in certain company.

― Noam Chomsky

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:43 pm

My nose doesn't look like it does because I can keep my mouth shut.

Mathew 5:15
Neither do men light a candle and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick, and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
TC Talks wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:40 am

There just isn't a corner of this country where using bigotry is openly accepted anymore despite how hard the village idiot baits racists. Bryce has no problem showing his colors here, but I am betting he knows how to keep his mouth shut in certain company.
Everyone is bigoted. You are bigoted and have displayed such bigotry on these very forms. The issue isn't bigotry, bigotry is allowed and even welcomed as long as you are bigoted toward the "right" things.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:08 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:34 am
No words should ever be illegal.
Even if not illegal, there needs to be the same standards applied to the use of any particular word. If it's discouraged, it should be discouraged for all and not just some convenient subset of society.

We need to get beyond what people think when other people use certain words and trying to control what someone might be thinking versus their actual actions.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:50 pm

km1125 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:08 pm
We need to get beyond what people think when other people use certain words and trying to control what someone might be thinking versus their actual actions.
BINGO! Clear your cards. We have a WINNER!

And, I'll add, stop excusing certain actions because you think the people doing them are thinking correctly.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic