Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Masks Now Mandatory In Stores

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Masks Now Mandatory In Stores

Post by bmw » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:39 pm

There's no reason to be walking around with a mask. When you're in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better, and it might even block a droplet, but it's not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is. And often, there are unintended consequences - people keep fiddling with the mask, and they keep touching their face. When you think masks, you should think of healthcare providers needing them, and people who are ill
-Dr. Fauci, March 8, 2020.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:50 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:39 pm
There's no reason to be walking around with a mask. When you're in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better, and it might even block a droplet, but it's not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is. And often, there are unintended consequences - people keep fiddling with the mask, and they keep touching their face. When you think masks, you should think of healthcare providers needing them, and people who are ill
-Dr. Fauci, March 8, 2020.
They also had a shortage at the time.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:38 am

So was he lying to us then in order to save masks, or is he lying to us now for whatever reason?

Thread Killer

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:37 am

UP906 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:38 am
So was he lying to us then in order to save masks, or is he lying to us now for whatever reason?
Some of the science changed as well. They were trying to save masks and he put it in a clumsily worded way. But overall you can expect the science to do what it has been... evolving as new data comes into play.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:39 am

Rate This wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:37 am
UP906 wrote:
Some of the science changed as well. They were trying to save masks and he put it in a clumsily worded way. But overall you can expect the science to do what it has been... evolving as new data comes into play.
Nope, if we're going to hold Trump to words he spoke given the best information of the time then we have to do the same for the good Doctor.

Thread Killer

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:30 am

UP906 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:39 am
Rate This wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:37 am
UP906 wrote:
Nope, if we're going to hold Trump to words he spoke given the best information of the time then we have to do the same for the good Doctor.
Trump didn’t use the best information at the time. He made it up as he went along.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:39 am

Says you.

Were you privy to his daily briefs?

Thread Killer

Deleted User 13307

Post by Deleted User 13307 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:12 pm

It's beyond ridiculous to Monday morning quarterback the initial responses to Covid. Everybody, no matter their political leaning, messed up something when you look back. Most also made decisions that were correct (or just lucky).

Yes, the initial stance that masks weren't helpful was a mistake because it didn't take the long term view of such a statement into account. What's worse though is the current lack of federal direction to issue a genuine mea culpa and get everyone on the same page.

What are we doing to get this right on July 20? Forget about pointing fingers about March and April... we can fix that at the ballot box in November.

Deleted User 13307

Post by Deleted User 13307 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:12 pm

Howard Jones wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:12 pm
It's beyond ridiculous to Monday morning quarterback the initial responses to Covid. Everybody, no matter their political leaning, messed up something when you look back. Most also made decisions that were correct (or just lucky).

Yes, the initial stance that masks weren't helpful was a mistake because it didn't take the long term view of such a statement into account. What's worse though is the current lack of federal direction to issue a genuine mea culpa and get everyone on the same page.

What are we doing to get this right on July 16? Forget about pointing fingers about March and April... we can fix that at the ballot box in November.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:20 pm

Well I have been right on the mask issue the whole time.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:33 pm

UP906 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:39 am
Says you.

Were you privy to his daily briefs?
I was privy to what he went up there and suicidally said on the podium. He sank his own ship. I’m merely reporting.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:02 pm

Here's the best round-up I've seen.

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-healt ... oronavirus

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:22 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:02 pm
Here's the best round-up I've seen.

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-healt ... oronavirus
For the tl;dr folks: WEAR A DAMN MASK.

If you are anti-mask, wouldn't you just love to comply and see no real difference so you can say "SEE, I TOLD YOU!"? I strongly suspect I had it earlier, but my motivation is that I want to be able to return to normal ASAP. If they made masks that looked like you were sucking dick, I'd wear it because that's what it feels like wearing one. I HATE IT, but it is better than shit getting shut down again.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Deleted User 13307

Post by Deleted User 13307 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:33 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:22 pm
If they made masks that looked like you were sucking dick, I'd wear it because that's what it feels like wearing one.
Exhibit A of when smartass similes convey a message you probably didn't mean to send. :rollin

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:20 pm

Howard Jones wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:33 pm
Matt wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:22 pm
If they made masks that looked like you were sucking dick, I'd wear it because that's what it feels like wearing one.
Exhibit A of when smartass similes convey a message you probably didn't mean to send. :rollin
Maybe the phrasing wasn't the best, but the inference would be that as much as I hate it and feel emasculated wearing one, it's still better than getting shut down again.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic