Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Bottle Returns Resuming

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Bottle Returns Resuming

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:53 am

Wrong? What's the point of the whole program?

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:12 am

What of my 1-cent idea?
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:16 am

audiophile wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:12 am
What of my 1-cent idea?
Can you expand on it? Who gets the one cent?

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:28 am

I am so thankful our governor has given us permission to return our bottles to our local retailers today. What a wonderful day and thank you for keeping us safe and ruling over us O Great One

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:34 am

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:28 am
I am so thankful our governor has given us permission to return our bottles to our local retailers today. What a wonderful day and thank you for keeping us safe and ruling over us O Great One
I’m just glad to have the chance to get them out of my garage and house...

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:48 am

Rate This wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:34 am
Mr.Transistor wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:28 am
I’m just glad to have the chance to get them out of my garage and house...
I agree it will be nice, however I am not willing to stand in lines to return those things or wait for the good machine because the other ones got busted because of all the use. I miss the days of just telling the kid how many bottles I had, getting the refund slip, and being on my way.

Art Van Damme

Post by Art Van Damme » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:28 pm

The Michigan bottle return law has been the bane of the Michigan (Aka Soft Drink) Bottlers Association, the Michigan Retailers Association and the Michigan Grocers Association, since it was enacted.

Not shocked at all that bottle return was suspended. At first, ‘modern medicine’ thought surfaces to be contaminant of Covid.
They have since relaxed the stance.

But, boy the retailers were jumping for joy to see the suspension. They benefit by not staffing the bottle return (like it was ever a priority), retaining the deposits (no interest earned on the ones in the garage) and the optics looked good (keeping our employees safe, bah).

Yea, I got a lotta empties, I’m not waiting in line, though. Might donate some and return the others little by little when the rush calms down.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:06 pm

I've got a pile of beer cans & bottles and I'm in no hurry to return them. Adding to the collection now, drinking bottles of Mickey's Fine Malt Liquor. Then I'm gonna finish off my Royal Crown. Good day...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:20 pm

TheForce wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:06 pm
I've got a pile of beer cans & bottles and I'm in no hurry to return them. Adding to the collection now, drinking bottles of Mickey's Fine Malt Liquor. Then I'm gonna finish off my Royal Crown. Good day...
I fear we are watching the birth of an alcoholic
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:27 pm

Nah, just an enthusiast. The lines didn't seem that bad really. One store was only letting 1 person in the return area at a time and it was manned, as was the Walmart in Houghton Lake. Lines outside, again not too bad. Surprising really.
TC Talks wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:20 pm
TheForce wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:06 pm
I fear we are watching the birth of an alcoholic

kager

Post by kager » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:46 pm

Nowadays people are more conscious than ever before about recycling and plastic use.

?
"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:50 pm

kager wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:46 pm
Nowadays people are more conscious than ever before about recycling and plastic use.

?
:lol :lol :lol

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:21 pm

I'm not a recycler anymore. Most people are into it. Anyways my township done away with the program. I figure if it's not important enough for the township then it's not important to me.
kager wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:46 pm

?

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:28 pm

I'm glad that you can return bottles/cans again to the stores which I'm sure they are happy about as well. All states should have 5 to 10 cents on returning on bottles/cans than just throwing them away like water bottles which should be return as well.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:40 pm

People were getting pissed at me because I turned away people who had bags of cans. They tried to argue that we can take them now. However my store isn't currently accepting bottle returns. I kindly tell them where they can go if they really need to get rid of them like right now. People largely ignored the signage posted at the door stating such.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic