Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 25 at 5:30p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Warren Police Arrest Amazon Driver For Illegal Parking

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Warren Police Arrest Amazon Driver For Illegal Parking

Post by audiophile » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:16 pm

The Warren Police has went on the media offensive for arresting Amazon driver for temporality parking the Amazon van in the wrong direction while dropping off a package. The driver can be heard say C'mon man, I'm just dropping off a package. The officer demanded his drivers license and when he refused he was arrested. Turns out the drivers license was ok (as you would expect from Amazon driver) so they hit him up for illegal parking.

Mu thoughts - what a waste of resources. The drivers in my town park in the middle of the road, because they will be gone is 30 seconds.

Let's give this officer somethin' to complain about:

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Bryce

Re: Warren Police Arrest Amazon Driver For Illegal Parking

Post by Bryce » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:49 pm

I used to run in to Bill Dwyer on occasion and exchange friendly banter.

I'm embarrassed for him.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:07 pm

I can't believe those folks keep voting Fouts into office. He's been busted with all those audio recordings demeaning the handicapped, black folks , and women. He always claims it wasn't him and the tape is doctored. Sounds real fishy...... yet he gets voted in.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:48 pm

Fouts said the officer should be fired.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:44 am

Dwyer defended the officer's actions on camera yesterday, as Audiophile notes.

I agree that this is a complete waste of taxpayer resources.

Recall that Warren is the same department that had an officer issue a misdemeanor violation (cannot recall if the driver was arrested on the scene) to a motorist who failed to completely sweep fallen snow off the roof of his automobile.

What I want to know is why the driver didn't produce his license upon request? Still, for the officer to single out that delivery driver in the first place is total bullshit. Many delivery drivers on quiet residential streets engage in similar practices. The officer should've issued a parking ticket and moved on.

This is the first time ever that Mayor Fouts has ever publicly clashed with Comissioner Dwyer on ANY topic, so that dynamic is rather interesting.

Amazon is sticking up for its driver:
https://www.metrotimes.com/news-hits/ar ... acceptable

Check out the Warren PD facebook page; respondents are tearing the department a new @sshole.

https://www.facebook.com/WarrenPD/

(Maybe the badge in the logo should be replaced by a caricature of a pig's face?)

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:39 am

Amazon claims that since postal drivers can do this they are allowed to also. That would make sense to me.

If the Amazon driver had pulled into the driveway, and backed onto roadway when leaving it would have been 100% legal, and more dangerous.

Dummies.

TC Shuts Up

Warren Pierce Arrests Amazon Driver For Illegal Parking

Post by TC Shuts Up » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:37 am

That was what I first thought the headline said.

What we really ought to be upset about is how Amazon and Bezos have taken over the market and put so many small businesses out of business. Ask yourself what can be obtained locally and do it. You can look at the merchandise and see if it's what you really want before taking it home, instead of having to return it. We really have to become less impulsive about our purchases. Support local business before it's too late. Bezos is taking advantage of the COVID-19 lockdowns and quarantines to create a monopoly. When COVID-19 had infected workers at the warehouses and associates reported it, what did Bezos do? He tried to cover it up. He canned workers in the middle of a crisis.

Alexa shows signs of listening in to your conversations. Yank her out by the wires! Alexa is really stupid. She misunderstands the words you say, and puts it in the wrong context. But is this taken into account when she reports what you said to Bezos and the authorities? No. Guilty until proven innocent.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:01 am

Warren Pierce couldn't get arrested.

Deleted User 14896

Re: Warren Pierce Arrests Amazon Driver For Illegal Parking

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:34 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:37 am

That was what I first thought the headline said.

What we really ought to be upset about is how Amazon and Bezos have taken over the market and put so many small businesses out of business. Ask yourself what can be obtained locally and do it. You can look at the merchandise and see if it's what you really want before taking it home, instead of having to return it. We really have to become less impulsive about our purchases. Support local business before it's too late. Bezos is taking advantage of the COVID-19 lockdowns and quarantines to create a monopoly. When COVID-19 had infected workers at the warehouses and associates reported it, what did Bezos do? He tried to cover it up. He canned workers in the middle of a crisis.

Alexa shows signs of listening in to your conversations. Yank her out by the wires! Alexa is really stupid. She misunderstands the words you say, and puts it in the wrong context. But is this taken into account when she reports what you said to Bezos and the authorities? No. Guilty until proven innocent.
Another candidate that should try out for left field for the Tigers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:46 pm

There are some elements of truth to the above comments, but I wholeheartedly disagree about Amazon being bad for small business or being a monopoly. Amazon has greatly contributed to improving the standard of living in this country.

Many, many retailers whose products are available for purchase on Amazon are small businesses! Many are upstarts.

The proliferation of big box retail was far more damaging to small bricks & mortar local businesses than Amazon.

It's those same big box retailers who are (were) most at risk from the proliferation of Amazon.

BTW, I have ZERO issue with Amazon becoming as big and as successful as it's become. Amazon is free enterprise at its finest! Most consumers love Amazon - great selection, tons of user product reviews, fast delivery, convenience, and competitive pricing. (I will say the style sheet used for its desktop web site could use modernization; too much clutter.)

But hey, maybe we should dump Amazon and return to the days of Sears and Service Merchandise? :barf

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:10 pm

It seems you see some of the benefits of reforming police.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:52 pm

Warren seems that you should avoid the area with that police department always giving tickets and being shady as well.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:35 am

For a big city police department, the number of civilian-to-police controversies in Warren has been low in recent years. A few have certainly occurred; this incident being one of them.

I do remember one matter a few years ago where police allegedly used excessive force in a Lowe's parking lot on Van Dyke Avenue. Commissioner Dwyer fired the officer immediately and was very openly critical of that officer's conduct. He sought charges against the officer, too, but the Macomb County Prosecutor refused to file charges.

The local news media should bring that case back to light, but I doubt they will.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:58 am

Felony charges against Amazon driver have been refused by Macomb County Prosecutor. Dwyer has hired an independent investor for the cop incident.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic