Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmer's husband pulls a "do you know who I am?"

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Whitmer's husband pulls a "do you know who I am?"

Post by Rate This » Tue May 26, 2020 11:12 am

Howard Jones wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 10:42 am
Out of curiosity, how many of us can say they weren't out of their geographic "zone" over the long holiday weekend?

Certainly none of us, especially those that are fervent supporters of the governor's policies on staying home, would have voluntarily visited "enemy territory" outside of their zone where past infection rates were among the worst in the nation to do business and then proceeded to travel across the country in direct violation of every scientific recommendation about slowing the spread. Right?

I can absolutely trust that if someone were to have done something like that they most certainly would have been wearing a mask when seeing older family members that live out of state before quarantining for 14 days after such a trip... right?

I know I didn't travel. Anyone else care to fess up about their weekend?
Didn’t go anyplace except crazy...

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue May 26, 2020 11:19 am

Bryce wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 10:53 am
Howard Jones wrote:
Out of curiosity, how many of us can say they weren't out of their geographic "zone" over the long holiday weekend?
I'm not a fervent supporter of our Governor's policy. (Evidently her husband isn't either) but I left my home a total of one time this weekend. A trip to Home Depot to purchase some deck screws. Like a good boy, I wore my face covering out of respect for others around me.

Oddly, the people I saw that weren't wearing masks at the Home Depot appeared to be much more likely to vote for Ms. Whitmer than I.
Didn't you vote for her the first time?

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Tue May 26, 2020 11:37 am

Why did Facebook take down the Boat Dock installer's Facebook Page taken down? It's true. But it's INCONVENIENT for the "Guvner". So Facebook takes it down. There ought to be a protest at Zuckerberg's House. Or at least at the gate to his gated community. Clearly political.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue May 26, 2020 11:47 am

Ben Zonia wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 11:37 am
Why did Facebook take down the Boat Dock installer's Facebook Page taken down? It's true. But it's INCONVENIENT for the "Guvner". So Facebook takes it down. There ought to be a protest at Zuckerberg's House. Or at least at the gate to his gated community. Clearly political.
After a large backlash from people and an inundation with messages the boat dock people took it down...

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Tue May 26, 2020 12:01 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 11:47 am
Ben Zonia wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 11:37 am
After a large backlash from people and an inundation with messages the boat dock people took it down...
So Whitmer's "people" threatened him?

There's no HIPAA for dock installers. Maybe that's why there is a HIPAA. So politicians' embarrassing medical problems can't be exposed. Good luck keeping your own information private, peasant/prole/pleb (so many putdown words for the real people).

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue May 26, 2020 1:02 pm

Bryce wrote:
Howard Jones wrote:
I'm not a fervent supporter of our Governor's policy. (Evidently her husband isn't either) but I left my home a total of one time this weekend. A trip to Home Depot to purchase some deck screws. Like a good boy, I wore my face covering out of respect for others around me.

Oddly, the people I saw that weren't wearing masks at the Home Depot appeared to be much more likely to vote for Ms. Whitmer than I.
Personal responsibility, it's a good thing...

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue May 26, 2020 1:55 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 11:19 am
Bryce wrote:
Howard Jones wrote:

Hell no! Held my nose and voted for Bill.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue May 26, 2020 3:59 pm

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue May 26, 2020 4:22 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 3:59 pm
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 260718002/

Sure, we believe you. :rolleyes
That one is right on par with Trump claiming he was being "sarcastic" when he thought out loud about injecting Clorox.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue May 26, 2020 5:19 pm

Was what the hubby did wrong? Yes. Was their trip north wrong after she said not to do so? yes. Was TC Talks photo a low blow? Yes. What have we learned? Your governor and her husband are above her own policies and TC Talks rubs one out to the first lady.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue May 26, 2020 6:06 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 3:59 pm
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 260718002/

Sure, we believe you. :rolleyes
She says it was a "failed attempt at humor". I doubt it. I got to cut Dr drill-n-fill some slack - look who he is married to, she even through him under the bus today on TV. Niice!

The dock owner did get in a joke though, he said being married to the governor would put you at the back of the line! :rollin
Last edited by audiophile on Tue May 26, 2020 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue May 26, 2020 6:14 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 1:55 pm
Matt wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 11:19 am
Bryce wrote:
Howard Jones wrote:

Hell no! Held my nose and voted for Bill.
Same. I apologize for thinking you had made a terrible choice!

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue May 26, 2020 6:38 pm

The fact that this upsets a bunch of you more than the President of the United States making completely unfounded murder allegations against a media member he hates shows how fucked up your priorities are.

The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue May 26, 2020 6:47 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 6:38 pm
The fact that this upsets a bunch of you more than the President of the United States making completely unfounded murder allegations against a media member he hates shows how fucked up your priorities are.
These folks try to catch the small fish...

Deleted User 13307

Post by Deleted User 13307 » Tue May 26, 2020 6:47 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 6:38 pm
Better check what you interpret as facts. I see no one upset about this thread topic. Rather, I see people having a chuckle over a politician's blatant hypocrisy that was all too easy to find in these days of social media.

Has absolutely nothing to do with Trump and his idiocy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic