Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Re-Open Thread

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Re-Open Thread

Post by Rate This » Tue May 19, 2020 9:18 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:55 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:41 pm
Bryce wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:31 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:17 pm

What exactly are you defining as fine dining?
Are you familiar with Fleming's?
Not perfectly... I’m from Ann Arbor so if I was thinking fine dining I’d be thinking maybe The Chop House, The Gandy Dancer or maybe even The Whitney in Detroit? Or are we going even nicer than any of that?
The Whitney would have fit 20 years ago. It no longer does.

I like " The Earl" in Ann Arbor.
Interesting, I haven’t been to any of them but on price The Earle is actually slightly cheaper... the menu looks damn good however...

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue May 19, 2020 9:20 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:18 pm
Bryce wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Rate This wrote:

Not perfectly... I’m from Ann Arbor so if I was thinking fine dining I’d be thinking maybe The Chop House, The Gandy Dancer or maybe even The Whitney in Detroit? Or are we going even nicer than any of that?

Interesting, I haven’t been to any of them but on price The Earle is actually slightly cheaper... the menu looks damn good however...
The Earle is great. They have a pretty decent happy hour I believe, including food specials. I'd also add in Weber's.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue May 19, 2020 9:22 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:20 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:18 pm
Bryce wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Rate This wrote:

The Earle is great. They have a pretty decent happy hour I believe, including food specials. I'd also add in Weber's.
Haven’t done that yet either... I have heard some great things though...

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Tue May 19, 2020 9:29 pm

I don't go to the barber or hair salon I do it from home been doing it for years since I do the buzz cut. I believe that the stay at home order will be extended even know it's time to open those that aren't hotbed areas should reopen.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue May 19, 2020 9:35 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:13 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:33 am
Average stay at a restaurant is 45 minutes.
Not fine dining...

Party of two is a bit over a hour and a half. Party of four a bit longer.

Average stay at bar or nightclub with entertainment is over two hours.

It's not so much about the staff, it's the amount of customers sharing airspace and ignoring rules.
The way things are going in Traverse City, nothing will be open. 72 hours is not enough time to open, so everyone (except the professional drunkards bar) will be opening on Tuesday. Many operators just can't rehire, train, secure food and open in 72 hours. It was a bit unrealistic.

If you come for a visit, prepare to drink in a straight up bar, eat at the fast food restaurant of your choice, and sleep in your car.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue May 19, 2020 9:45 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:35 pm
Bryce wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Not fine dining...

It's not so much about the staff, it's the amount of customers sharing airspace and ignoring rules.
The way things are going in Traverse City, nothing will be open. 72 hours is not enough time to open, so everyone (except the professional drunkards bar) will be opening on Tuesday. Many operators just can't rehire, train, secure food and open in 72 hours. It was a bit unrealistic.

If you come for a visit, prepare to drink in a straight up bar, eat at the fast food restaurant of your choice, and sleep in your car.
Well, at least the local Cherry producers don't get screwed this year by the geniuses that hold the festival two weeks before the local crop is ready.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue May 19, 2020 9:50 pm

All 8 that are left. Everyone is growing grapes now...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed May 20, 2020 4:26 am

Bryce wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:45 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:35 pm
Bryce wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Not fine dining...

Well, at least the local Cherry producers don't get screwed this year by the geniuses that hold the festival two weeks before the local crop is ready.
Yea, that was pretty silly.

My hometown canceled their fruit festival because the growers dried up, but then replaced it with something that no one knew what it was. Complete flop. Talk about going backwards.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu May 21, 2020 12:17 am

The Cherry Festival produces 24 million dollars annually for our economy in 8 days. I don't think it's silly at all, but it's never been about cherries.

― Noam Chomsky

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu May 21, 2020 8:09 am

I never suggested it was only about the cherries, but it only makes common sense to have it when the locals have cherries. It might a be 30 million dollar festival then and puts more money into the local farmers pockets which spend it town the rest of the year.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu May 21, 2020 10:50 am

She's now suggesting stay home is getting extended... why???

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu May 21, 2020 11:01 am

Matt wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:50 am
She's now suggesting stay home is getting extended... why???
Aren’t we opening businesses and allowing gatherings of 10...?

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Thu May 21, 2020 11:49 am

I have made the executive decision to spend my Michigan dollars in Ohio and get my hair cut. I have an appt this weekend, I can't take it anymore and don't trust myself or anyone else to cut my hair. I don't trust this Governor right now,I think this stay at home thing has got a personal tone between her and the "protestors". I hope the place I've been loyal to the last 10 years comes thru this.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu May 21, 2020 3:10 pm

This new order is most definitely political in nature. Allowing gatherings of groups of up to ten people will prohibit Trump from having a rally but Biden rally's will be able to continue as normal.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu May 21, 2020 3:56 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 3:10 pm
This new order is most definitely political in nature. Allowing gatherings of groups of up to ten people will prohibit Trump from having a rally but Biden rally's will be able to continue as normal.
Fantastic. Maybe an exception for Trump rallies so they can catch the virus and reduce the number of voters in November? I mean it’s not political it’s just Natural Selection...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic