Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Imagine It's 1982

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Imagine It's 1982

Post by Bryce » Fri May 15, 2020 11:54 am

And Gretchen Whitmer is Governor of the State of Michigan.

Science told us that sexual encounters between gay men, IV drug users and Haitian's was the primary source of the AID's epidemic. Governor Whitmer signs an executive order requiring all gay men, IV drug users and Haitian's to maintain protocols of social distancing, discontinue sexual relations and also to shelter in place except for grocery shopping and medical emergencies until a vaccine can be developed.

Do you think political opinions on this executive order might be exactly the opposite of what they are now? I can just see the ACLU having a heart attack regardless of what "Science" told us.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Re: Imagine It's 1982

Post by TC Talks » Fri May 15, 2020 12:03 pm

I think more about how much better the nation would be if Trump wasn't President.

I bet you would be happier with a coordinated national plan that goes further than disinfectant.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri May 15, 2020 12:08 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 11:54 am
And Gretchen Whitmer is Governor of the State of Michigan.

Science told us that sexual encounters between gay men, IV drug users and Haitian's was the primary source of the AID's epidemic. Governor Whitmer signs an executive order requiring all gay men, IV drug users and Haitian's to maintain protocols of social distancing, discontinue sexual relations and also to shelter in place except for grocery shopping and medical emergencies until a vaccine can be developed.

Do you think political opinions on this executive order might be exactly the opposite of what they are now? I can just see the ACLU having a heart attack regardless of what "Science" told us.
In the context of 1982 society nobody would have jumped up and down too badly.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri May 15, 2020 12:09 pm

Perhaps more comparable to today's situation would be this: 1982 - executive orders banning any and all sexual intercourse.

AIDS would be all but eradicated. But of course, in about 90 years, humans would be extinct.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri May 15, 2020 12:12 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 12:09 pm
Perhaps more comparable to today's situation would be this: 1982 - executive orders banning any and all sexual intercourse.

AIDS would be all but eradicated. But of course, in about 90 years, humans would be extinct.
Essentially the attitude at the time amounted to “it effects the gays and that’s ok”... so I doubt any executive order like that would have been considered.
Last edited by Rate This on Fri May 15, 2020 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri May 15, 2020 12:12 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 12:09 pm

I agree, spot on comparison! Much better than mine.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic