Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmer's 6-phase plan: unilaterally writing legislation a year-and-a-half out

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Whitmer's 6-phase plan: unilaterally writing legislation a year-and-a-half out

Post by bmw » Fri May 08, 2020 2:00 pm

Has anybody here closely analyzed her absurd 6-phase plan?

Here it is, per her twitter page:

Worthy of note:

Restaurants and bars cannot re-open until Phase 5 - Containing. Meaning, community spread is completely over. When is that? August at the earliest? Thousands of locally-owned restaurants will be out of business before then. I spoke to one owner today. He said he's "barely hanging on" and that if he can't re-open within the next few weeks, he's done.

-Post-pandemic occurs not simply after a vaccine is available, but rather after "high uptake" of that vaccine. When is that? 18 months out? And even look at the rules here. Social distancing rules are "relaxed." Not rescinded, but RELAXED. So they still exist. Also note that large events can happen again, but "with new safety guidance and procedures." Seriously - who the hell does Whitmer think she is? She thinks she can implement a multi-year plan without any input from the state legislature?

-Face masks will be required all the way until post-pandemic. So be prepared to wear those masks for the next year and a half.

The more I read this, the more pissed off I get. The Court needs to put an end to this nonsense.

Deleted User 13307

Re: Whitmer's 6-phase plan: unilaterally writing legislation a year-and-a-half out

Post by Deleted User 13307 » Fri May 08, 2020 2:36 pm

This was concocted with enough ambiguity built in so that it's completely useless.

The factors that determine progression to the next phase are written so there is the possibility of NEVER advancing to the next level. What's an "extended period"? What is "sufficient health system capacity"? What are "robust testing, contract tracing and containment protocols"? What is a "low absolute rate per capita"?

Rate This

Re: Whitmer's 6-phase plan: unilaterally writing legislation a year-and-a-half out

Post by Rate This » Fri May 08, 2020 4:46 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 2:00 pm
Has anybody here closely analyzed her absurd 6-phase plan?

Here it is, per her twitter page:

Worthy of note:

Restaurants and bars cannot re-open until Phase 5 - Containing. Meaning, community spread is completely over. When is that? August at the earliest? Thousands of locally-owned restaurants will be out of business before then. I spoke to one owner today. He said he's "barely hanging on" and that if he can't re-open within the next few weeks, he's done.

-Post-pandemic occurs not simply after a vaccine is available, but rather after "high uptake" of that vaccine. When is that? 18 months out? And even look at the rules here. Social distancing rules are "relaxed." Not rescinded, but RELAXED. So they still exist. Also note that large events can happen again, but "with new safety guidance and procedures." Seriously - who the hell does Whitmer think she is? She thinks she can implement a multi-year plan without any input from the state legislature?

-Face masks will be required all the way until post-pandemic. So be prepared to wear those masks for the next year and a half.

The more I read this, the more pissed off I get. The Court needs to put an end to this nonsense.
Post pandemic is probably 24-30 months away. I don’t think anybody has that much patience. She is officially out of control.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri May 08, 2020 6:12 pm

Yeah phase-6 might be a 24+ months.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri May 08, 2020 6:14 pm

So conventions, festivals, concerts, ball games, etc, are all banned for the next 2 years, and also we're all supposed to wear face masks until then? This chick is f***ing nuts!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri May 08, 2020 8:15 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 6:14 pm
So conventions, festivals, concerts, ball games, etc, are all banned for the next 2 years, and also we're all supposed to wear face masks until then? This chick is f***ing nuts!
The plan will never work.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat May 09, 2020 12:29 am

I tracked down the doctor who Whitmer has been taking policy advice from. Turns out it was Dr. Leo Marvin.

thatonedude

Post by thatonedude » Sat May 09, 2020 6:43 am

Rate This wrote:
bmw wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 6:14 pm
The plan will never work.
Agreed. I thought she was doing a fantastic job, but this is becoming increasingly more ridiculous. Someone needs to really tell her this plan isn't feasible in more ways than one...

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

take this job and shove it

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat May 09, 2020 8:12 am

It's you look at the actual data, we should already be in phase 4 and the only thing preventing us from going to 5 is a containment plan.... Is she working on that???

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat May 09, 2020 10:40 am

km1125 wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 8:12 am
It's you look at the actual data, we should already be in phase 4 and the only thing preventing us from going to 5 is a containment plan.... Is she working on that???
The case count has been steadily declining for nearly 6 weeks. Daily death tolls are hospitalizations are tougher to come by (could be compiled) but are likely about 2 weeks behind the above data. We absolutely should be in Stage 4 with the Governor planning for Stage 5.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat May 09, 2020 10:47 am

Anybody want to place any bets on how strict lockdowns and business closures will still be on July 4th if Whitmer has her way? Parades? Fireworks? People vacationing? Whitmer will have NONE of that. If we aren't into Phase 5 by July then the tourism industry in which the northern half of the state so heavily relies will be DECIMATED. A lot of businesses up here live or die based on how the summer months go.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat May 09, 2020 12:47 pm

Contact tracing got messed up when she picked the DNC firm to handle it. So much time wasted on a political stunt.

They just released a notice this morning that they picked Rock Connections, LLC for volunteer management and Deloitte for technology integration in support of the COVID-19 contact tracing.

Supposedly they have 3,500 volunteers to do the tracing? I hope they are not just DNC volunteers.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat May 09, 2020 5:08 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 10:40 am
km1125 wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 8:12 am
The case count has been steadily declining for nearly 6 weeks. Daily death tolls are hospitalizations are tougher to come by (could be compiled) but are likely about 2 weeks behind the above data. We absolutely should be in Stage 4 with the Governor planning for Stage 5.

The other problem with the death toll is that I'm not sure they've released an accurate date of death count, which would be very interesting to see. 50% of the deaths reported today were deaths that were re-examined and were determined to have covid as a contributing factor:
*Note on deaths (05/09/20): Regular reviews of death certificate data maintained in Vital Records reporting systems are conducted by MDHHS staff three times per week. As a part of this process, records that identify COVID-19 infection as a contributing factor to death are compared against all laboratory confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the Michigan Disease Surveillance System (MDSS). If a death certificate is matched to a confirmed COVID-19 case and that record in the MDSS does not indicate the individual died, the MDSS record is updated to indicate the death and the appropriate local health department is notified. These matched deaths are then included with mortality information posted to the Michigan Coronavirus website. As a result of the most recent assessment, today’s data includes 67 additional deaths identified by this methodology.
I'd like to see the average age and range of age for the deaths where covid was not initially included as well as the original cause of death determination.

As far as the phases, she has until Memorial Day weekend to present a plan for what phase 5 looks like in her mind, because I believe we'll be in de facto phase 5 by then.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun May 10, 2020 8:36 am

What I would like to understand about the listed mortality rate from Cobid-19 is how it is determined.

For example, if a person with stage four cancer, suffering from congenial heart disease dies and tested positive for Coronavirus, does that death get listed/counted in the Covid-19 death count?
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Sun May 10, 2020 9:48 am

Bryce wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 8:36 am
What I would like to understand about the listed mortality rate from Cobid-19 is how it is determined.

For example, if a person with stage four cancer, suffering from congenial heart disease dies and tested positive for Coronavirus, does that death get listed/counted in the Covid-19 death count?
Yes.
Thread Killer

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic