Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Fudgie Type Dreams Of Escape Extend To New Yorkers

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Ben Zonia

Fudgie Type Dreams Of Escape Extend To New Yorkers

Post by Ben Zonia » Fri May 01, 2020 8:14 am

Though I'm sure there are people there in the Hamptons like TC Talks who want them to leave and go home also, thoughts of escape to second homes are now an obsession for New Yorkers who most likely share TC Talks Politics and views of our President.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/29/these-new ... er-return/

Carole King wrote of this dream of escape in "Been To Canaan" decades ago. Surprisingly, this is NOT about the Biblical Canaan, but going to Canaan, CT.

https://www.caroleking.com/gallery/video/been-canaan

So if TRULY RICH big time Liberals have this dream, why do TC Talks and his friends deride it? Or is it mainly a Traverse City political phenomenon?

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Deleted User 14896

Re: Fudgie Type Dreams Of Escape Extend To New Yorkers

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sat May 02, 2020 11:52 am

It makes perfect sense to flee NYC right now. Here in Michigan, we are not living shoulder to shoulder, walking the streets shoulder to shoulder, riding the subway like sardines in a tin can. And that's before the lockdowns. None of us live like that.
(Me myself, phooey on mass transit. Driving a car to work is the one chance many folks have to be alone for a bit).

To get you and family out of there is the most logical step. If someone has the means to move, why stay there and increase the odds tenfold of catching the virus? I would need two hands to count the number of professionals I personally know that fled NYC, and are working remotely while living with friends or family in Metro Detroit, Tennessee or Oklahoma.

Ben Zonia

Re: Fudgie Type Dreams Of Escape Extend To New Yorkers

Post by Ben Zonia » Sat May 02, 2020 11:34 pm

Where do you draw the line?

One way the statistics are never analyzed is the number of cases PER SQUARE MILE. If you analyze it this way, Wayne Oakland and Macomb County are way more infected than anything North of a line from Pentwater to Pinconning. The chance of acquiring the virus is proportional to the virus load per square mile. Every day, we see an exponential increase in the distance recommended for "social distancing". If this continues, it will soon be that most of the planet will not be able to achieve the social distance necessary to reduce the chances to near zero. Also, why do you care if people "thin the herd" to place extra social distance by fleeing Wayne Oakland and Macomb County? If you are careful and self isolate, what difference does it make to you? People are acting like a pack of wolves who get angry when wolves leave the pack.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic