Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 25 at 5:30p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Free college for gas station clerks

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: Free college for gas station clerks

Post by Matt » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:40 pm

Most of these "frontline" workers might not even be able to gain admission to a community college. Whitmer writing a check she'll never see cashed.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:31 am

Matt wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:40 pm
Most of these "frontline" workers might not even be able to gain admission to a community college. Whitmer writing a check she'll never see cashed.
The offer has been extended and that’s about all the state can do.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:27 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:03 am
Rate This wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:31 am
Matt wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:40 pm
The offer has been extended and that’s about all the state can do.
The reason they’re at Dollar Tree and not Harvard is quite apparent (look it up).

Paying for them to go to college, with funds that don’t exist, is gay.
Thank goodness we have you here to lump everybody together.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:15 pm

On the other hand, there are Ph.D.s who work as gasoline station clerks, and fast food workers, and in the day, pump jockeys, as there are more Ph.D.s than decent paying positions in recent years.

Many colleges have the option of taking classes as a "Non Candidate For Degree", where a person with less than stellar grade school/high school performance and standardized tests can prove themselves worthy for admittance.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:19 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:15 pm
On the other hand, there are Ph.D.s who work as gasoline station clerks, and fast food workers, and in the day, pump jockeys, as there are more Ph.D.s than decent paying positions in recent years.

Many colleges have the option of taking classes as a "Non Candidate For Degree", where a person with less than stellar grade school/high school performance and standardized tests can prove themselves worthy for admittance.
If someone has a Ph.D and hasn't been able to get a well-paying job in their field in the last couple years, it's either because they are a problem or the field they got their Ph.D in is not in demand anywhere. They should still be able to get a decent paying job in another field but if they can't do that, you'd begin to wonder what the real problem is. The jobs have been out there.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic