Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Somewhere, a PTA is missing its "Karen"

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Somewhere, a PTA is missing its "Karen"

Post by Matt » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:37 pm

Residents of Michigan are happy to give away our power-hungry Karen: https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 050021001/

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Re: Somewhere, a PTA is missing its "Karen"

Post by Rate This » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:48 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:37 pm
Residents of Michigan are happy to give away our power-hungry Karen: https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 050021001/
Well now that’s gonna be the subject of a lawsuit or the Republicans cave... essentially...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:54 pm

Everything Whitmer got sued on was relaxed. She's a one trick pony.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:15 pm

audiophile wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:54 pm
It was also indicated by the data it was time to relax it. I know you struggle with the idea someone could change their mind or modify an order later but... it happens...

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:34 pm

I wonder how the conservatwits on this board feel about Snyder's use of emergency managers to supervise Detroit, Flint and most of the other major cities?

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:10 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:34 pm
I wonder how the conservatwits on this board feel about Snyder's use of emergency managers to supervise Detroit, Flint and most of the other major cities?
Victor, try and stay on topic. Not everything is about race. A financial emergency is not the same as a pandemic. A law passed by the state legislature and signed by the governor is not the same as the governor ignoring the legislature. Once again, you bring a red herring argument.

Having said all that, Grand Rapids, Lansing, and Ann Arbor didn't require an emergency manager.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:27 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:15 pm
audiophile wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:54 pm
It was also indicated by the data it was time to relax it. I know you struggle with the idea someone could change their mind or modify an order later but... it happens...
The timing of Whitmer's April 24 modest relaxation was PURELY 100% POLITICAL. She does it on a Friday afternoon, effective immediately, with 6 days still left in the original order, and she makes the announcement literally minutes before the state legislature voted in favor of revoking her emergency powers. She did that to capture the news cycle so as to not give the Republicans any life. Purely political.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:29 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:10 pm
Vic Doucette wrote:
Victor, try and stay on topic. Not everything is about race. A financial emergency is not the same as a pandemic. A law passed by the state legislature and signed by the governor is not the same as the governor ignoring the legislature. Once again, you bring a red herring argument.

Having said all that, Grand Rapids, Lansing, and Ann Arbor didn't require an emergency manager.
I didn't mention race. But I find it interesting that you think a measure that was rejected by the voters, then rammed through in a lame duck legislative session, is appropriate. So, it's OK when Snyder overrules the wishes of the electorate when it comes to economic issues, but it's not OK for Whitmer to place restrictions on the electorate for life-and-death issues. Doesn't surprise me in the least.
Last edited by Deleted User 24 on Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:36 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:29 pm
Matt wrote:
Vic Doucette wrote:

I didn't mention race. But I find it interesting that you think a measure that was rejected by the voters, then rammed through in a lame duck legislative session, is appropriate.
It was a new law that changed the law that was rejected. Victor, your established M.O. is to call your opponents racist or sextet, and its disingenuous to say thats not what you are getting at. Again, what does Whitmer's choice to be a dictator have to do with ANY former governor?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:40 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:36 pm
Vic Doucette wrote:
Matt wrote:
Vic Doucette wrote:

I didn't mention race. But I find it interesting that you think a measure that was rejected by the voters, then rammed through in a lame duck legislative session, is appropriate.
It was a new law that changed the law that was rejected. Victor, your established M.O. is to call your opponents racist or sextet, and its disingenuous to say thats not what you are getting at. Again, what does Whitmer's choice to be a dictator have to do with ANY former governor?
The show is now on the other foot and you don’t like it. That’s what.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:49 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:40 pm
Matt wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:36 pm
Vic Doucette wrote:
Matt wrote:
Vic Doucette wrote:

The show is now on the other foot and you don’t like it. That’s what.
Wrong. Financial emergencies are in no way similar to what is going on now. Keep irrationally defending Karen no matter what.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:04 pm

The Michigan court of claims has ruled in favor of the state in the case claiming the stay at home order was unconstitutional and that Whitmer overreached. They’ll appeal I bet but it’s hard to win these.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:37 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:04 pm
The Michigan court of claims has ruled in favor of the state in the case claiming the stay at home order was unconstitutional and that Whitmer overreached. They’ll appeal I bet but it’s hard to win these.
Its one thing to challenge an order that is issued under authority granted by the legislature vs. an order that extends past the time when the authority ends. This becomes a moot point if the GOP leadership bends over and let's Karen peg them.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:39 pm

Matt is right. The court is kicking the can down the road. It might be a moot point soon.

Whitmer just got hit with another major suit yesterday:
https://www.wxyz.com/news/coronavirus/5 ... nal-rights
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:06 am

audiophile wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:39 pm
Matt is right. The court is kicking the can down the road. It might be a moot point soon.

Whitmer just got hit with another major suit yesterday:
https://www.wxyz.com/news/coronavirus/5 ... nal-rights
They ruled against the plaintiffs... that’s not kicking the can down the road. They essentially said “too bad but you’re wrong” about it being unconstitutional...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic