Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Oh Shit! May 15th!? Gov. Whitmer to extend “Stay Home – Stay Safe” into May

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 4520

Oh Shit! May 15th!? Gov. Whitmer to extend “Stay Home – Stay Safe” into May

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:50 pm

Gov. Whitmer to extend “Stay Home – Stay Safe” into May

https://www.wlns.com/news/michigan/gov- ... 59uDyAonuc

Rate This

Re: Oh Shit! May 15th!? Gov. Whitmer to extend “Stay Home – Stay Safe” into May

Post by Rate This » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:49 pm

TheForce wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:50 pm

No surprise, in line with what I was told yesterday by someone with some state department connections. It looks very much like some businesses will be reopening on the 1st.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:42 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:49 pm
TheForce wrote:

No surprise, in line with what I was told yesterday by someone with some state department connections. It looks very much like some businesses will be reopening on the 1st.
Which businesses? Barbers would be nice, however unlikely.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:46 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:42 pm
Rate This wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:49 pm
TheForce wrote:

Which businesses? Barbers would be nice, however unlikely.
The only one I had mentioned to me was interstate buses... then again it was someone retired from MDOT that passed it along. I’ve gotta imagine Barbers wait till the 15th... I need a haircut..

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:57 pm

Barbers are going to be soooooooo busy.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:01 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:57 pm
Barbers are going to be soooooooo busy.
They will be busy after May 15th.

I doubt barber's will be covered under the "limited public contact" provision.
Last edited by Bryce on Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:05 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:11 pm
They can make the stay at home indefinite (look it up). It doesn’t impact me at all. I do whatever I want. #POONTANGproud
If someone does whatever they want, and no one cares, did they really do whatever they want?
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:05 pm

We are doing pretty well. We never had the Apex that was projected if we didn't shelter in place.

https://covidactnow.org/us/mi
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:31 am

I was listening to WWJ and I get the impression that lawn services and golf courses will be allowed to operate during the extended stay at home order. The legislature wants to nerf Whitmer's emergency powers but she has vowed to veto it. News conference at 11am.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:50 am

She will veto but it will only energize those that oppose her. Not smart at all.

She quickly needs come a to a concession with other lawmakers, to avoid permanently having the laws changed. And they will get changed, if she continues on this path, mark my words.

She is clearly beyond the 1945 law that was developed in the WWII era. If there was a Republican in the governors office and Whitmer was in private practice, she would be flipping out at the abuse of power.

Republican lawmakers haven't been unfair to her, they gave her the extension with no strings, with the oral understanding she would loosen certain things, but instead she just flaunted her power. She is the Chris Christie of Michigan. She is a bigger narcissist than Trump.
Last edited by audiophile on Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:16 am

TheForce wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:31 am
I was listening to WWJ and I get the impression that lawn services and golf courses will be allowed to operate during the extended stay at home order. The legislature wants to nerf Whitmer's emergency powers but she has vowed to veto it. News conference at 11am.
How thoughtful: she's opening businesses that should have never closed!
audiophile wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:50 am
She will veto but it will only energize those that oppose her. Not smart at all.

She is clearly beyond the 1945 law that was developed in the WWII era. If there was a Republican in the governors office and Whitmer was in private practice, she would be flipping out at the abuse of power.

Republican lawmakers haven't been unfair to her, they gave her the extension with no strings, with the oral understanding she would loosen certain things, but instead she just flaunted her power. She is the Chris Christie of Michigan. She is a bigger narcissist than Trump.
💯

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:21 am

Matt and Force, do get the feeling she does more and more outrageous things just to get attention?

Sort of like a narcissist on Facebook, that has to keep doing more and more outrageous things to get more likes?
Last edited by audiophile on Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:28 am

Absolutely. She's trying to raise her stature for the VP slot or a cabinet position. She should have Gilchrist speaking for her administration, much like Trump would be better off having Pence speak.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:32 am

Pence does a good job.

I'm well acquainted with facebook narcissists. Run fast.
https://thoughtcatalog.com/shahida-arab ... heres-why/

The problem is, the malignant female narcissist rarely outgrows her excessive sense of entitlement, lack of empathy and thirst for interpersonal exploitation – she merely adjusts these traits to her changing environment. The female malignant narcissist is not just vain and self-absorbed. She is also a covert bully who ensnares fellow female friends, relationship partners and family members into her toxic web.
Last edited by audiophile on Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:38 am

audiophile wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:50 am

She quickly needs come a to a concession with other lawmakers, to avoid permanently having the laws changed. And they will get changed, if she continues on this path, mark my words.

That FOX poll is showing pretty broad support for her and the orders.. so reeling her in would probably blow up in their faces with a not insignificant 65% of people. The 35% she has pissed off would never have been happy with her.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic