Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 25 at 5:30p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Driving A Wedge

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: Driving A Wedge

Post by Matt » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:39 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:29 pm
Matt wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:44 am
So the day after Governor Shitfer (Brains) extends stay home order, UM announces field hospital not needed: https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 129794002/
This would indicate that the lockdown is actually working...
Not necessarily. You can't prove a negative. You also have to consider how long it's been here, how many minor cases happened that didn't result in major health problems or hospitalization.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:41 pm

Maybe the Malaria drug combo is working?

It seems that some people have an extreme reaction to the virus, and eases it until antibodies take care of it.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:53 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:39 pm
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
So the day after Governor Shitfer (Brains) extends stay home order, UM announces field hospital not needed: https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 129794002/
Not necessarily. You can't prove a negative. You also have to consider how long it's been here, how many minor cases happened that didn't result in major health problems or hospitalization.
What’s the negative I’m trying to prove?

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:01 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:53 pm
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
You can't prove that the current trajectory wouldn't have manifested itself in the absence of a shutdown.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:24 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:01 pm
Rate This wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:53 pm
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
You can't prove that the current trajectory wouldn't have manifested itself in the absence of a shutdown.
It would be strongly suggested by people not interacting as much. I can 95% prove it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:11 pm

Rare, you are arguing with someone incapable of separating political loyalty with the decency of understanding what it means to be a citizen.

It's a waste of time.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:19 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:11 pm
Rare, you are arguing with someone incapable of separating political loyalty with the decency of understanding what it means to be a citizen.

It's a waste of time.
Who is "Rare" you hack? When you lose, which you are the undisputed champion at losing, you lose like a champion. Can't legitimately follow an argument and respond in kind? Do what TCT does and resort to ad hominem attacks!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:21 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:19 pm
TC Talks wrote:

It's a waste of time.
Who is "Rare" you hack? When you lose, which you are the undisputed champion at losing, you lose like a champion. Can't legitimately follow an argument and respond in kind? Do what TCT does and resort to ad hominem attacks!
If you consult your QWERTY equipped keyboard you’ll see that he was talking to me and fat fingered the t into an r..

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:34 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:21 pm
Matt wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

It's a waste of time.
If you consult your QWERTY equipped keyboard you’ll see that he was talking to me and fat fingered the t into an r..
I know that r is next to t. I was playing Oregon Trail on an Apple lle when you were still shitting your pants. I notice you didn't challenge me on the ad hominem attacks comment...

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:39 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:34 pm
Rate This wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:21 pm
Matt wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

It's a waste of time.
I know that r is next to t. I was playing Oregon Trail on an Apple lle when you were still shitting your pants. I notice you didn't challenge me on the ad hominem attacks comment...
I’m not getting in the middle of your pissing match... I’m just saying it was a damn obvious mistake...

I remember playing Oregon Trail on a real Apple II with no friggin e... circa 2003 or so... pretty fun game in all its side scrolling early accessory disk reader required glory.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:49 pm

I'm not sure if I ever made it to Oregon. I really don't think there was much of a reward.

I wouldn't say it's a pissing match as much as it was me objecting to being called a racist for using (bad) golf jokes. I'm also not sure why TCT still lives here when he said he would move to France if Trump won.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:21 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:49 pm
I'm not sure if I ever made it to Oregon. I really don't think there was much of a reward.

I wouldn't say it's a pissing match as much as it was me objecting to being called a racist for using (bad) golf jokes. I'm also not sure why TCT still lives here when he said he would move to France if Trump won.
My party never got past the mountains.

I get why you are unhappy with TC... apparently he doesn’t read the punny threads up the board.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:14 am

All one needs to do is look at what's occurred in regions where social distancing was NOT practiced in a timely fashion.

It shouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that extensive, close human interaction is a bad thing when a highly contagious, potentially fatal virus is running rampant.

https://www.businessinsider.com/italy-p ... ses-2020-3

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:23 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:14 am
All one needs to do is look at what's occurred in regions where social distancing was NOT practiced in a timely fashion.

It shouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that extensive, close human interaction is a bad thing when a highly contagious, potentially fatal virus is running rampant.

https://www.businessinsider.com/italy-p ... ses-2020-3
Lets look at who is dying in Italy:
Of the 16,654 coronavirus deaths subject of this study, approximately 83 percent were patients aged 70 years and older.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/110 ... -in-italy/

It makes sense to isolate the people that are most susceptible to death from infection of this virus, It doesn't make a lot of sense to isolate the entire population. If the entire population is isolated, how are we as a people going to build a natural immunity to it? What is going to happen when the "lock down" is over and everyone goes back outside and gets exposed to the virus for the first time? Lock Down 2.0?

Now, while I think it makes perfect sense to cancel events like concerts or sporting events where large groups of people gather in one place and rub shoulder to shoulder, not letting landscapers mow lawns and confining people in good health to their homes, doesn't.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:34 pm

I'm not opposed to a different set of restrictions for those deemed high risk.

I also agree that preventing landscapers from mowing lawns is silly. Homeowners are not standing outside, shoulder to shoulder, with the landscapers as they are performing the work. Moreover, most billing is usually done electronically.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic