Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer expected to issue coronavirus ‘Stay at home’ order

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**

audiophile

Re: Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer expected to issue coronavirus ‘Stay at home’ order

Post by audiophile » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:06 am

She did it...starts 12 midnight to last for three weeks.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Re: Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer expected to issue coronavirus ‘Stay at home’ order

Post by Matt » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:08 am

She's an embarrassment. She's lying through her teeth about supplies from the federal government. It's not like they can wave a magic wand and make supplies appear.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:14 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:08 am
She's an embarrassment. She's lying through her teeth about supplies from the federal government. It's not like they can wave a magic wand and make supplies appear.
It’s not like they responsibly prepared at the federal level either.

Ohio jumped in this boat a day or two ago... sooner or later this will be nearly national and just a hand full of poor heartland and southern red states will not have such orders.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:32 am

Rate This wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:14 am
Matt wrote:

Ohio jumped in this boat a day or two ago... sooner or later this will be nearly national and just a hand full of poor heartland and southern red states will not have such orders.
Days ago, she was saying she wasn't considering such an order. Yesterday, she had time to go on Sunday shows to whine while other governors like Cuomo and Dewine were taking actions. You know as well as I do that this didn't just get worse overnight. She's very disingenuous.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:34 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:32 am
“Hang up your f’n holiday lights! It’s not a recommendation! IT’S AN ORDER!!!
Yeah, that was a fucking weird suggestion.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:48 am

I guess retail lives don't matter. I'm screwed. What's being done to protect us in retail?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:57 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:32 am
Rate This wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:14 am
Matt wrote:

Days ago, she was saying she wasn't considering such an order. Yesterday, she had time to go on Sunday shows to whine while other governors like Cuomo and Dewine were taking actions. You know as well as I do that this didn't just get worse overnight. She's very disingenuous.
Not at all... they must have gotten some new information that completely changed the calculation... maybe they went on that website that does case projections without a stay at home order and were scared witless?

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:59 pm

She's referring to the fact they had briefings in January that their was a good chance the pandemic was coming.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:03 pm

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:59 pm
She's referring to the fact they had briefings in January that their was a good chance the pandemic was coming.
And we waited until after it came and there were deaths to start mobilizing a response here which has made it worse and now we are desperately playing catch-up with a guy in charge that can’t stick to a script..

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:51 pm

She was either, as Matt argues, disingenuous over the weekend, OR, she is truly just winging it day by day. Neither is good.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:27 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:51 pm
She was either, as Matt argues, disingenuous over the weekend, OR, she is truly just winging it day by day. Neither is good.
I think somebody told her she’d better Change her mind on it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:47 pm

Her using the presser as a opportunity to bash Trump just shows me she's angling for a VP bid.

This action was merely politicaly expedient.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:13 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:47 pm
Her using the presser as a opportunity to bash Trump just shows me she's angling for a VP bid.

This action was merely politicaly expedient.
He’s pretty damn bashable right now and rightfully so...

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:11 am

I have contated HR about getting some leave from work. Explained my health issues and great anxiety. They said they'd get in touch with me today to see what we can do.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic