Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer expected to issue coronavirus ‘Stay at home’ order

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer expected to issue coronavirus ‘Stay at home’ order

Post by TC Talks » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:55 am

TheForce wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:11 am
I have contated HR about getting some leave from work. Explained my health issues and great anxiety. They said they'd get in touch with me today to see what we can do.
Hey Force,

We all will get through this. You're young, you are mobile and active and I bet you are using good hygiene. That is all any of us can do. Sometimes you have to work with that you have. I know that isn't always the most comforting thing to be told, but it is honest.

When I get anxious, I do a few things; I look at the situation practically (you have a really small chance of being in crisis). I take 15 minutes lying on a couch and imagine I am breathing from my toes to though my chest and out my nose (it seems stupid but it works). Finally, I think about the worst that can happen and try to accept that it might happen, and that it will be ok. Breathing for 15 minutes works the best though.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Re: Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer expected to issue coronavirus ‘Stay at home’ order

Post by bmw » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:18 pm

I am not:

-in an at-risk group
-in a county with any confirmed cases
-one of the Americans who will be hardest hit economically
-more optimistic than most that this will ultimately end far from being a worst-case scenario.

DESPITE ALL THAT, I find that my anxiety levels are the highest they've been in years, and they're starting to cost me sleep. It's in my sub-conscious and I can't really control it. I find that taking magnesium before bed helps, but it is still an issue. And mine is relatively mild so I can't even imagine the stress and anxiety that millions and millions of Americans are dealing with right now.

On a side-note, I've been at my work shop all day today on US-23, and I haven't noticed much of a traffic slowdown whatsoever. People are still traveling. So I say this again - I'm not sure the full-blown shutdown is doing much.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:59 pm

Business as usual.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:08 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:59 pm
Business as usual.
It’s an Easter Sunday in the Detroit area traffic wise. Democratic leaning areas are taking this seriously and Republican areas generally are not... if this reaches the rural areas in great number then look out.. old, less careful and generally in poorer health. Maybe it won’t be fake then?

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:29 pm

Human Resources granted me 2 weeks paid leave. I am comfortably at home not around the public. Stress and anxiety are way down now.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:19 pm

TheForce wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:29 pm
Human Resources granted me 2 weeks paid leave. I am comfortably at home not around the public. Stress and anxiety are way down now.
Excellent... glad to hear they were reasonable. :)

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:27 pm

TheForce wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:29 pm
:)

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:48 pm

I think Gretchen did it since everyone else was doing it just my opinion. I didn't think that Stay at home needed to be done she should've kept it as is and just extended it until mid-Apr I hope it expires on the 13TH of Apr. I haven't been out of the home will be 2 weeks as of Thur since I have gone anywhere. I'm getting paid since the business I work for has been closed since March 13TH was going to stay open until the 14TH but decided to close down until Apr 6TH now the 13TH wouldn't be surprised if it isn't until May when it reopens but I could be wrong on that.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:56 pm

Traverse City has been inundated with downstate people all day. I suspect that is the case on the East side of the state too.

Force, you will be ok.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:10 am

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:56 pm
Traverse City has been inundated with downstate people all day. I suspect that is the case on the East side of the state too.

Force, you will be ok.
Inundated as in visitors or patients?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:15 am

Rate This wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:10 am
TC Talks wrote:
Force, you will be ok.
Perma Fudge... (cottage owners thinking this is better than Detroit)

― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:16 am

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:15 am
Rate This wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:10 am
TC Talks wrote:
Force, you will be ok.
Perma Fudge... (cottage owners thinking this is better than Detroit)
And they brought you a souvenir... how kind...

HD74

Post by HD74 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:59 pm

Apparently they did bring a gift.

https://www.mlive.com/coronavirus/2020/ ... rport.html

Why stay in the D when you can infect the rest of the state?

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:41 pm

Whitmer is a BITCH!!!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:54 pm

matt1 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:41 pm
Whitmer is a BITCH!!!!
Why? Expand on this thought if you would.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic