Acceptable registrations in the queue through October 17 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer expected to issue coronavirus ‘Stay at home’ order

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**

User avatar
audiophile
Posts: 5514
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Between 88 and 108 MHz.

Re: Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer expected to issue coronavirus ‘Stay at home’ order

Post by audiophile » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:06 am

She did it...starts 12 midnight to last for three weeks.


Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

***If Dem's want to pack the Supreme Court - Send Dem packing!***

Matt
Posts: 2747
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer expected to issue coronavirus ‘Stay at home’ order

Post by Matt » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:08 am

She's an embarrassment. She's lying through her teeth about supplies from the federal government. It's not like they can wave a magic wand and make supplies appear.



Rate This
Posts: 5770
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer expected to issue coronavirus ‘Stay at home’ order

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:14 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:08 am
She's an embarrassment. She's lying through her teeth about supplies from the federal government. It's not like they can wave a magic wand and make supplies appear.
It’s not like they responsibly prepared at the federal level either.

Ohio jumped in this boat a day or two ago... sooner or later this will be nearly national and just a hand full of poor heartland and southern red states will not have such orders.



Matt
Posts: 2747
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer expected to issue coronavirus ‘Stay at home’ order

Post by Matt » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:32 am

Rate This wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:14 am
Matt wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:08 am
She's an embarrassment. She's lying through her teeth about supplies from the federal government. It's not like they can wave a magic wand and make supplies appear.
It’s not like they responsibly prepared at the federal level either.

Ohio jumped in this boat a day or two ago... sooner or later this will be nearly national and just a hand full of poor heartland and southern red states will not have such orders.
Days ago, she was saying she wasn't considering such an order. Yesterday, she had time to go on Sunday shows to whine while other governors like Cuomo and Dewine were taking actions. You know as well as I do that this didn't just get worse overnight. She's very disingenuous.



lovinlife101
Posts: 5861
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer expected to issue coronavirus ‘Stay at home’ order

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:32 am

“Hang up your f’n holiday lights! It’s not a recommendation! IT’S AN ORDER!!!



Matt
Posts: 2747
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer expected to issue coronavirus ‘Stay at home’ order

Post by Matt » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:34 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:32 am
“Hang up your f’n holiday lights! It’s not a recommendation! IT’S AN ORDER!!!
Yeah, that was a fucking weird suggestion.



User avatar
TheForce
Posts: 807
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:12 pm

Re: Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer expected to issue coronavirus ‘Stay at home’ order

Post by TheForce » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:48 am

I guess retail lives don't matter. I'm screwed. What's being done to protect us in retail?



Rate This
Posts: 5770
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer expected to issue coronavirus ‘Stay at home’ order

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:57 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:32 am
Rate This wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:14 am
Matt wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:08 am
She's an embarrassment. She's lying through her teeth about supplies from the federal government. It's not like they can wave a magic wand and make supplies appear.
It’s not like they responsibly prepared at the federal level either.

Ohio jumped in this boat a day or two ago... sooner or later this will be nearly national and just a hand full of poor heartland and southern red states will not have such orders.
Days ago, she was saying she wasn't considering such an order. Yesterday, she had time to go on Sunday shows to whine while other governors like Cuomo and Dewine were taking actions. You know as well as I do that this didn't just get worse overnight. She's very disingenuous.
Not at all... they must have gotten some new information that completely changed the calculation... maybe they went on that website that does case projections without a stay at home order and were scared witless?



lovinlife101
Posts: 5861
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer expected to issue coronavirus ‘Stay at home’ order

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:55 pm

100% ignorance.

It was 100% redundant.

If it was already open, it’s open.

If it’s closed, it’s closed.

Nothing new except Gretchen Granholm wanting more air time, which the media is happy to give.



Mr.Transistor
Posts: 673
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:43 am

Re: Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer expected to issue coronavirus ‘Stay at home’ order

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:59 pm

She's referring to the fact they had briefings in January that their was a good chance the pandemic was coming.



Rate This
Posts: 5770
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer expected to issue coronavirus ‘Stay at home’ order

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:03 pm

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:59 pm
She's referring to the fact they had briefings in January that their was a good chance the pandemic was coming.
And we waited until after it came and there were deaths to start mobilizing a response here which has made it worse and now we are desperately playing catch-up with a guy in charge that can’t stick to a script..



bmw
Posts: 2386
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:02 am

Re: Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer expected to issue coronavirus ‘Stay at home’ order

Post by bmw » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:51 pm

She was either, as Matt argues, disingenuous over the weekend, OR, she is truly just winging it day by day. Neither is good.



Rate This
Posts: 5770
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer expected to issue coronavirus ‘Stay at home’ order

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:27 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:51 pm
She was either, as Matt argues, disingenuous over the weekend, OR, she is truly just winging it day by day. Neither is good.
I think somebody told her she’d better Change her mind on it.



User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 3638
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer expected to issue coronavirus ‘Stay at home’ order

Post by Bryce » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:47 pm

Her using the presser as a opportunity to bash Trump just shows me she's angling for a VP bid.

This action was merely politicaly expedient.


Are you certain Nancy didn't think the sign on the door said SALOON instead of Salon?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic