Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump attacks our Governor?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
km1125

Re: Trump attacks our Governor?

Post by km1125 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:26 pm

I wish I could post pictures.

There's a great meme that applies to this state and the Governor:

While everything is getting shut down...

...maybe they should fix the damn roads!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:06 pm

Our governor, who is failing very badly in all aspects of (pronoun of choice) job except following the lead of other states, is going to look like a real horse's ass when (pronoun of choice) puts us on lockdown after (pronoun of choice) comments yesterday.
Unlike your boy, Whitmer at least signed comprehensive auto insurance reform into law. I'll give her some credit for that, even though the legislature did most of the heavy lifting.

I'll also give her some credit for removing pork barrel spending from the most recent state budget via numerous line item vetoes.

On fixing the roads, I agree that her performance has been disappointing. I also don't like her maneuvers to block construction of the line 5 tunnel, and her "leadership" on the Flint water situation has also been very much lacking.

Hopefully, unlike her original rhetoric regarding fixing the roads (where she promised not to pursue a massive tax hike, only to propose a massive tax hike weeks after her inauguration), she'll stay true to what she told Stephen Henderson. I agree with you that she should've left more wiggle room to change her mind later. Who the fuck knows how this thing is going to play out.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:24 pm

Here's a clever way to thin the herd... Isn't it Gods will?
Religious houses of worship are now exempt from being penalized if they violate Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's ban on gatherings of more than 50 people.

On Monday, Whitmer issued an executive order in response to coronavirus that said "all assemblages of more than 50 people in a single indoor shared space and all events of more than 50 people are prohibited."

Later in the week, the order was updated to add a part that reads: “A place of religious worship is not subject to penalty under section 3 of Executive Order 2020-11.” Section three of the original order said that "a willful violation of this order shall constitute a misdemeanor."

That means that churches, synagogues, mosques, and temples will not be penalized with a misdemeanor if they violate the rule to keep assemblies under 50 people.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:38 am

She had an exception in original EO for things guaranteed in the state or federal constitution. If you were sharp enough you knew there was a loophole and she couldn't enforce it anyway...

I contacted a lawyer friend and he said he predicted no one being prosecuted under Whtmer's EO for having church.

For the most part churches are being creative, joining by Zoom, drive-in church, or a new sermon via audio download.

We don't engage in hi-risk behaviors, like recreational drugs, co-habitation with strangers, bar brawls, or bedding a whore. Be safe.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:28 am

For the most part churches are being creative, joining by Zoom, drive-in church, or a new sermon via audio download.
All of these are excellent ideas.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:40 am

audiophile wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:38 am
We don't engage in hi-risk behaviors, like recreational drugs, co-habitation with strangers, bar brawls, or bedding a whore. Be safe.
For short hand, just say "No hookers or blow" and everyone will understand.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:08 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:40 am
audiophile wrote:
Oh, so you want me to leave out the things you are still doing... :blink

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:19 am

audiophile wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:08 am
TC Talks wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:40 am
audiophile wrote:
Oh, so you want me to leave out the things you are still doing... :blink
I am drinking some really good beer in the name of God. You are going to have a hard time to demonstrate that beer is anything but an indication that God loves us and wants us to be happy. If we want to get specific, I have been clear how conservatives are sinning much more acutely than those who are and advocate for the poor, addicted and challenged.

― Noam Chomsky

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:30 am

audiophile wrote:
I would never have guessed.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:58 pm

audiophile wrote:
She had an exception in original EO for things guaranteed in the state or federal constitution. If you were sharp enough you knew there was a loophole and she couldn't enforce it anyway...

I contacted a lawyer friend and he said he predicted no one being prosecuted under Whtmer's EO for having church.

Why don't you handle poisonous serpents while you're at it?

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:57 am

Matt wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:40 pm
Our governor, who is failing very badly in all aspects of (pronoun of choice) job except following the lead of other states, is going to look like a real horse's ass when (pronoun of choice) puts us on lockdown after (pronoun of choice) comments yesterday.
Imagine that...

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:37 am

I saw clips of her on this weekend's talk shows crying about the feds not doing enough for her. Seems like her and the other weaker democratic governors are are wanting to rely on the feds for all the big decisions instead of taking the leadership themselves.

She hasn't done a bad job so far, but she needs to quit with the whining about why someone else didn't make the decisions for her.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:55 pm

Matt, as another member of the society who will bear the price of your ignorance of the laws of viral spread, settle down and shut up. Science outranks your flimsy political arguments.

https://covidactnow.org/state/MI

― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:01 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:55 pm
Matt, as another member of the society who will bear the price of your ignorance of the laws of viral spread, settle down and shut up. Science outranks your flimsy political arguments.

https://covidactnow.org/state/MI
Did you even read what I fucking wrote? I didn't say this was a bad call. IN FACT, it was the exact opposite. I stated that Whitmer would look like a horse's ass when she implemented this order AFTER saying it wasn't necessary not that long ago. I'm suggesting when she was denying that it was going to happen is EXACTLY when she should have been implementing this action. In closing, please kindly take your condescending woke warrior response and shove it up your ass.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:24 pm

km1125 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:37 am
I saw clips of her on this weekend's talk shows crying about the feds not doing enough for her.
She did quite a bit of that same whining in this morning's statement. Basically blaming Trump for having to even institute this stay-at-home order. I haven't seen her take any responsibility whatsoever for the rapid spread within the state.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic