Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump attacks our Governor?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Trump attacks our Governor?

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:31 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:24 pm
km1125 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:37 am
I saw clips of her on this weekend's talk shows crying about the feds not doing enough for her.
She did quite a bit of that same whining in this morning's statement. Basically blaming Trump for having to even institute this stay-at-home order. I haven't seen her take any responsibility whatsoever for the rapid spread within the state.
Why should she exactly? The head Grasshopper frittered for 2 months instead of building a robust contingency plan... he denied it existed. Now we’re supposed to believe he shares no blame and Whitmer should accept responsibility? Please.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:32 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:55 pm
Matt, as another member of the society who will bear the price of your ignorance of the laws of viral spread, settle down and shut up. Science outranks your flimsy political arguments.

https://covidactnow.org/state/MI
For that chart to be accurate, we'd be having 1100 hospitalizations today due to COVID. Last I saw, we only had about 1300 total confirmed cases.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:34 pm

What rapid spread? We are at the low end of the spectrum.

Name a governor who hasn't expressed frustration about the lack of coordination or leadership by Mr Fake Cheeto Tan.

That modeling tool is a freebie version of what the WHO and CDC use.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:35 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:34 pm
What rapid spread? We are at the low end of the spectrum.

Name a governor who hasn't expressed frustration about the lack of coordination or leadership by Mr Fake Cheeto Tan.

That modeling tool is a freebie version of what the WHO and CDC use.
Arkansas or West Virginia’s maybe?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:21 pm

Let the attacks resume... a rather nasty back and forth on twitter between Whitmer and Trump... he’s now taken to calling her “Governor Half-Whitmer...”. If he wasn’t before the man is more unhinged and off the rails than at any time during this situation. Especially when coupled with the rant against GM...

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:30 pm

Whitmer's an idiot for trying to pick a fight with him at every turn. Normally when you want federal assistance as a governor, you ask for it nicely (this is true with ANY President). Whitmer, on the other hand, uses every single tv appearance to air her grievances against Trump. Bad strategy for her, and could be bad for the people of Michigan.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:23 am

bmw wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:30 pm
Whitmer's an idiot for trying to pick a fight with him at every turn. Normally when you want federal assistance as a governor, you ask for it nicely (this is true with ANY President). Whitmer, on the other hand, uses every single tv appearance to air her grievances against Trump. Bad strategy for her, and could be bad for the people of Michigan.
Her criticisms have been very mild for what she is getting back.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:33 am

So because of Whitmer's criticisms (some of which appear legitimate), Trump is going to screw over the good citizens of Michigan???

If that is indeed the case, Trump isn't the one who comes out looking good.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:20 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:33 am
So because of Whitmer's criticisms (some of which appear legitimate), Trump is going to screw over the good citizens of Michigan???

If that is indeed the case, Trump isn't the one who comes out looking good.
That's not at all what he said:
I love Michigan, one of the reasons we are doing such a GREAT job for them during this horrible Pandemic. Yet your Governor, Gretchen “Half” Whitmer is way in over her head, she doesn’t have a clue. Likes blaming everyone for her own ineptitude! #MAGA
The point is Whitmer is showing herself to be a partisan hack more concerned with scoring political points than leading.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:33 am

Matt you can take any quote and turn it into a glory statement from the Cheeto master
President Donald Trump on Friday attacked the governors of Washington and Michigan for not being appreciative enough to him during the coronavirus crisis.

'I think they should be appreciative,' he said during his daily White House briefing. 'When they're not appreciative to me. They are not appreciative to the army corps. They are not appreciative to FEMA. It's not right.'

He added that: 'If they don't treat you right, I don't call.'

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:36 am

Latest example of a bone headed move, a move that I suspect has political motives, by the Whitmere administration.
Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs literally threatened all doctors and pharmacists in the state who prescribe or dispense hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19.
For those not aware, this combination of drugs has showed great promise in reducing symptoms as well as limiting the spread of the virus. Henry Ford Hospital as well as U of M had started using them as a treatment protocol for hospitalized Covid-19 patients.
The agency’s March 24 letter warns physicians and pharmacists of professional consequences for the prescribing of hydroxychloroquine (and chloroquine). Beyond the rational recommendation against hoarding as production of this medication needs to be ramped up, the letter deviates into open threats of “administrative action” against the licenses of doctors that prescribe hydroxychloroquine.

The letter also instructs pharmacists to ignore physician orders for this medication.
One must wonder if the "Future Vice Presidential candidate" is taking this action because this treatment was touted by the President, several times, during press briefings as showing great promise.

Meanwhile in New York:
"We hope for optimistic results," Cuomo said during a press conference Tuesday, talking about the clinical trials. "The president and the FDA accelerated that drug coming to New York so the hospitals will start using that drug today."

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:44 am

ZZ. While your friends may be having a run on toilet paper, doctors are writing prescriptions like crazy to begin hoarding the malaria medication. Pharmacies are running out not because people are using it but people are obtaining it with the idea of selling it at a premium. This is happening in every state are Governor chose to react more quickly to stop the practice.

― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:46 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:33 am
Matt you can take any quote and turn it into a glory statement from the Cheeto master
President Donald Trump on Friday attacked the governors of Washington and Michigan for not being appreciative enough to him during the coronavirus crisis.

'I think they should be appreciative,' he said during his daily White House briefing. 'When they're not appreciative to me. They are not appreciative to the army corps. They are not appreciative to FEMA. It's not right.'

He added that: 'If they don't treat you right, I don't call.'
I gave his quote in its entirety, something that has been a challenge for you. Here's the rest of the quote that you left off to serve your TDS/"ORANGE MAN BAD" narrative:
Trump added, "If they don’t treat you right, I don’t call. He's a different type of person. He will call quietly, anyway. OK? But he has done a great job. He should be appreciated for the job he has done."

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:49 am

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs literally threatened all doctors and pharmacists in the state who prescribe or dispense hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19.
Very valid complaint against Whitmer's administration, IMO.

The Detroit News published an op-ed on this very subject yesterday or the day before.

Whitmer needs to order LARA to rescind that threat IMMEDIATELY!

kager

Post by kager » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:10 am

I'm glad those of you who cheer on Whitmer for 'taking action' have something to feel good about.

However, this one may well make matters worse, and is a good example of why she's earning the nicknames...

Oh, it's a 'load' balancing act, alright.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic