Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan Legislature weighs dropping high school health, gym requirements

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 4520

Michigan Legislature weighs dropping high school health, gym requirements

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:56 am

All I can say is that I wasn't a fan of gym.

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-healt ... 8-HP0XIx48

audiophile

Re: Michigan Legislature weighs dropping high school health, gym requirements

Post by audiophile » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:53 am

I passed the presidential physical fitness test and got an award, there was no need for me to be in gym. None.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:07 am

audiophile wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:53 am
I passed the presidential physical fitness test and got an award, there was no need for me to be in gym. None.
So you were gonna automatically stay fit? You should have wanted to jump at the chance to exercise anytime...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:27 am

I did more in chores after school in one week than most people did in a month. I didn't need it.

Plus I'm still fit.

All I had was some dorky jock coach, masquerading as a teacher, telling me I had to be a skin.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:43 pm

Not having to take gym would have been a blessing beyond measure.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:28 pm

Just because they are taking the requirement out at a state level doesn't mean that school systems can't still keep these functions in their schools if their local resident's think that it's important. So what's the big deal??

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic