Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Stupidity In Latest Executive Order

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Ben Zonia

Re: Stupidity In Latest Executive Order

Post by Ben Zonia » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:02 am

There's a simpler solution. Have Pump Jockeys pump the gas like they used to. It was also called "Full Service", which is also where the radio format by that name, used in the 1970s and 1980s, came from. Many of you are too young to remember Pump Jockeys.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:10 am

Ben Zonia wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:02 am
There's a simpler solution. Have Pump Jockeys pump the gas like they used to. It was also called "Full Service", which is also where the radio format by that name, used in the 1970s and 1980s, came from. Many of you are too young to remember Pump Jockeys.
This would be a more acceptable solution than locking down entire state. They could also sell snacks pump side.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:13 am

audiophile wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:10 am
Ben Zonia wrote:
This would be a more acceptable solution than locking down entire state. They could also sell snacks pump side.
Speaking of gas, can you hear her whining about the lost gas tax revenue when this is all over, because I certainly can.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:15 am

Whitmer, who acknowledged that people in Michigan are under pressure by the orders she signed last week, compared the stay-at-home orders to being snowed in.

“So we just had snow. I got snow on the ground here in Michigan. I got snow on the ground in Lansing and we’re expecting up to 30 inches of snow in the Upper Peninsula,” she said on the “Today” show.
She keeps digging herself a bigger hole. This is the latest dumb comment.

Let's do the math here:
EO = Snow Storm
Last edited by audiophile on Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:15 am

Matt wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:13 am
audiophile wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:10 am
Ben Zonia wrote:
Speaking of gas, can you hear her whining about the lost gas tax revenue when this is all over, because I certainly can.
45 cent gas tax by EO!

Since the traffic down by half, make 90 cents!

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:24 am

I was thinking $1.45 minimum.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:54 am

audiophile wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:15 am
Whitmer, who acknowledged that people in Michigan are under pressure by the orders she signed last week, compared the stay-at-home orders to being snowed in.

“So we just had snow. I got snow on the ground here in Michigan. I got snow on the ground in Lansing and we’re expecting up to 30 inches of snow in the Upper Peninsula,” she said on the “Today” show.

Let's do the math here:
EO = Snow Storm
Oddly that’s what Ben Bernanke called it a few weeks ago... an Economic Snow Storm...

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:58 am

Matt wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:13 am
Think that will be her justification why she didn't get any "fix the damn roads" work done while there were prime conditions to knock a whole bunch of it out??

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:17 am

audiophile wrote:

Let's do the math here:
EO = Snow Storm
Did you see too how she already laid the groundwork for extending the lockdown beyond April 30th by blaming the protesters for congregating? As if that's the only congregating going on in the entire state. I'm convinced she already made her mind up some time ago that she was going to keep us locked down at least until Mid-June, if she has the power to do so. And now that the people are getting restless and new cases are on the decline, she needs excuses to continue locking us down. I hope that the Republican-controlled legislature puts an end to this this time around.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:28 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:17 am
audiophile wrote:

Let's do the math here:
EO = Snow Storm
Did you see too how she already laid the groundwork for extending the lockdown beyond April 30th by blaming the protesters for congregating? As if that's the only congregating going on in the entire state. I'm convinced she already made her mind up some time ago that she was going to keep us locked down at least until Mid-June, if she has the power to do so. And now that the people are getting restless and new cases are on the decline, she needs excuses to continue locking us down. I hope that the Republican-controlled legislature puts an end to this this time around.
I don’t buy that she will request another extension.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:55 am

Ben Zonia wrote:
Now that would be a nice cash hustle for teens looking to make some money.
Stand around in gas stations, offer to pump gas, run the money in and out, let the ol' folks stay in their car.
Clean the windshield (with the gas station squeegee and wash) while the pump is running.
Make a couple bucks per car. (I've been a busker since I was 12, it comes natural).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic