Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmer Misses The Mark

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: Whitmer Misses The Mark

Post by Matt » Thu May 07, 2020 8:21 pm

Howard Jones wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 8:16 pm
Bryce wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 8:12 pm
Not only that Howard, but how do you justify a plant with thousands of people allowed to operate, but not a restaurant with 70 seats?
I cannot. Seems that this is more about where the money is versus where the science is.
Union bailout?

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu May 07, 2020 8:25 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 8:21 pm
Howard Jones wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 8:16 pm
Bryce wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 8:12 pm
Not only that Howard, but how do you justify a plant with thousands of people allowed to operate, but not a restaurant with 70 seats?
I cannot. Seems that this is more about where the money is versus where the science is.
Union bailout?
Makes sense.

And screw science. How about real world. Everyday we are treated to stories about Covid-19 running rampant in meat packing plants and forcing them to shut. Seems we're ignoring that.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu May 07, 2020 8:29 pm

It's 2 things.

1 - MONEY. See Lottery, alcohol, tobacco (all cash cows for the state, all allowed to remain being sold). Now auto plants.

2 - Whitmer's continued feud with Republicans in the legislature. First they tried to reign in her power, and after that failed, they sued her, so she sure as hell ain't going to do ANYTHING they want. Like I said a few weeks ago (and it hasn't changed), I'M IN CHARGE AND I'LL DO IT HOW I WANT TO DO IT, DAMN IT! She's demonstrated time and again that she'll abuse her power so long as it advances her own ego.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu May 07, 2020 8:48 pm

Lake Superior State announced they are starting an in person fall term on 8/10. Would be nice to see some of the bigger fish in the state make similar moves.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/educat ... 090060001/
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu May 07, 2020 8:51 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 8:48 pm
Lake Superior State announced they are starting an in person fall term on 8/10. Would be nice to see some of the bigger fish in the state make similar moves.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/educat ... 090060001/
They may or may not.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri May 08, 2020 10:51 am

bmw wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 8:29 pm
It's 2 things.

1 - MONEY. See Lottery, alcohol, tobacco (all cash cows for the state, all allowed to remain being sold). Now auto plants.

2 - Whitmer's continued feud with Republicans in the legislature. First they tried to reign in her power, and after that failed, they sued her, so she sure as hell ain't going to do ANYTHING they want. Like I said a few weeks ago (and it hasn't changed), I'M IN CHARGE AND I'LL DO IT HOW I WANT TO DO IT, DAMN IT! She's demonstrated time and again that she'll abuse her power so long as it advances her own ego.
She might trying to pinch off cash flow of typical Republican voter and donors too.

It's sad - the legislature was willing to give her two more weeks, then committee would come online.

She clearly is "My Way or Highway".
Last edited by audiophile on Fri May 08, 2020 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri May 08, 2020 11:31 am

I finally figured out the correct word to describe her - VINDICTIVE.

It also alarms me how many women support her JUST BECAUSE SHE'S A WOMAN (and being a liberal helps).

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri May 08, 2020 11:37 am

bmw wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 11:31 am
I finally figured out the correct word to describe her - VINDICTIVE.

It also alarms me how many women support her JUST BECAUSE SHE'S A WOMAN (and being a liberal helps).
Women tend to be more liberal and stick together? Are you surprised by that?

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri May 08, 2020 12:18 pm

audiophile wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 10:51 am
bmw wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 8:29 pm
It's 2 things.

She might trying to pinch off cash flow of typical Republican voter and donors too.

It's sad - the legislature was willing to give her two more weeks, then committee would come online.

She clearly is "My Way or Highway".
I agree with one edit. She is "My way or the highway I didn't fix."

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri May 08, 2020 12:34 pm

Second edit:

"My way or the damn highway I didn't fix."

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri May 08, 2020 12:41 pm

:rollin
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri May 08, 2020 1:41 pm

I see the pissing and moaning about everything committee has not adjourned.

Things are opening slowly. They're opening more everyday and you're still whining about it.

Dine in restaurants will not be happening for a while. More importantly most restaurant operators have chosen to continue with takeout and not open their dining rooms.

Maybe Whitmer is listening to what the industry wants instead of a bunch of whiny guys cooped up in their bunkers with their Confederate flags. It certainly seems that the unions and the automotive manufacturers are comfortable with a plan to open safely. Professional services are not far from opening either.

https://www.restaurantbusinessonline.co ... -reopening
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

ADD in TC

Post by ADD in TC » Fri May 08, 2020 1:54 pm

Maybe Whitmer is listening to what the industry wants instead of a bunch of whiny guys cooped up in their bunkers with their Confederate flags. It certainly seems that the unions and the automotive manufacturers are comfortable with a plan to open safely. Professional services are not far from opening either.

That article linked above is mainly talking about fast food chains.I think alot of Fine dining and brewpub operaters may feel a bit different.

Deleted User 13307

Post by Deleted User 13307 » Fri May 08, 2020 1:56 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 1:41 pm
Dine in restaurants will not be happening for a while. More importantly most restaurant operators have chosen to continue with takeout and not open their dining rooms.
In the states that are allowing restaurants to reopen for dine-in, I think the operators that are being cautious / choosing not to do so are 100% doing the right thing based on their own individual circumstances (and those of their staffs and customers).

Maybe I just have more faith in business owners being able to decide to do the right thing vs. being forced to. Same with individuals.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri May 08, 2020 2:35 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 1:41 pm
I see the pissing and moaning about everything committee has not adjourned.

Things are opening slowly. They're opening more everyday and you're still whining about it.

Mr. TC Talks, we are still waiting for your mea culpa on this thread: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 39&t=50387

You should also stop calling everyone that disagrees with you as racists.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic