Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmer Misses The Mark

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Whitmer Misses The Mark

Post by TC Talks » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:51 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:14 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:18 pm
You must wait two weeks past the bottom of the curve for it to be safe.

My daughter is now working on an algorithm for Northwestern Michigan as part of a team at UofM Mathematics. Different regions have different recovery rates.

If we're lucky, the Nazi protester like Matt will head to Petoskey and Levering and pass up Traverse City.
He’d be about the only person in Levering... sometimes I forget to slow down to 40 through there and by the time I realize it I’m already gone...
And that's where our legislative leadership lives and bases all of his decisions reopening from.

It always cracks me up how many people try to knock down science with political rhetoric. science has proven Trump wrong every time the idiot opens his mouth with one of his opinions. The business community wants to reopen the country not using science and data but using panic and greed.

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:52 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:58 pm
Meanwhile TCT has went back to Wolvertucky. j/k
Good one.
― Matt

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:11 pm

Today’s score:
83 Deaths
633 Cases

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:54 pm

Where are Trump's Tests? Where are any of the things he has promised?

Trump is killing our Economy

https://abcnews.go.com/US/video/trackin ... s-70218935
― Matt

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:49 pm

Today’s score:
77 Deaths
557 New Cases

Deleted User 13307

Post by Deleted User 13307 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:38 pm

Wow -- our governor really does like antagonizing, doesn't she?

Today's antagonizing Whitmer quote machine:

"For those of you who want to get back to work...stay home." (Fair enough ... until May 1st as more data comes in)

"For those of you who have made plans for June and July, stay home." (So, she already knows there will be no treatments that will become clear in the next 6 weeks that will reduce the death rate and load on hospitals / ICU's / etc so that we can work more safely toward herd immunity?)

The answer to this is NOT that we will eradicate this virus completely from Michigan. It's here to stay ... it's how we are able to go forward -- safely -- with the virus in circulation. More and more I get the feeling that there are some that think that we are actually going to stop (as in zero new cases ever) having Covid-19 cases with these stay at home orders.

Statements like these are going to make things worse with more and more people unlikely to cooperate.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:46 pm

Gov. Whitmer also addressed the impending end of her Stay Home, Stay Safe order on April 30. She said the next ten days will determine what will happen on April 30.
https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/michig ... 9-pandemic

I guess somebody forgot to inform her that in reality, what the state legislature does between now and April 30 is what will determine what will happen on April 30. She keeps talking like her powers are infinite and indefinite.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:47 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:46 pm
Gov. Whitmer also addressed the impending end of her Stay Home, Stay Safe order on April 30. She said the next ten days will determine what will happen on April 30.
https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/michig ... 9-pandemic

I guess somebody forgot to inform her that in reality, what the state legislature does between now and April 30 is what will determine what will happen on April 30. She keeps talking like her powers are infinite and indefinite.
Yeah if the GOP won’t play then there is nothing she can do except campaign against them in November.
Howard Jones wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:38 pm
Wow -- our governor really does like antagonizing, doesn't she?

Today's antagonizing Whitmer quote machine:

"For those of you who want to get back to work...stay home." (Fair enough ... until May 1st as more data comes in)

"For those of you who have made plans for June and July, stay home." (So, she already knows there will be no treatments that will become clear in the next 6 weeks that will reduce the death rate and load on hospitals / ICU's / etc so that we can work more safely toward herd immunity?)

The answer to this is NOT that we will eradicate this virus completely from Michigan. It's here to stay ... it's how we are able to go forward -- safely -- with the virus in circulation. More and more I get the feeling that there are some that think that we are actually going to stop (as in zero new cases ever) having Covid-19 cases with these stay at home orders.

Statements like these are going to make things worse with more and more people unlikely to cooperate.
Maybe so... June and July she is pushing her luck...

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:52 pm

I'm just speculating here, but my guess is that the state legislature would like to implement the equivalent of Trump's 3-phase system. The problem is that Whitmer lost their trust when she issued a stricter lockdown order after they gave her the 23-day extension, so they're going to be very weary of giving her any more. But I'm also assuming that even the republicans want SOME SORT of restrictions in place May 1. The question is, do they trust Whitmer to do what they want done or not? I still don't understand why they can't just pass equivalent legislation that sunsets later this year. Is any legislation of that sort in the works?

Deleted User 13307

Post by Deleted User 13307 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:21 pm

Shame on me - I am wrong on the Internet. I support these statements, as they were meant to mean differently than they appear. In full context, they should have read:

For those of you who want to get back to work...stay home for the next 10 days.

"For those of you who have made plans for June and July, stay home for the next 10 days.

I fully support those statements and apologize. Context matters.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:22 pm

She has now said the stay at home order needs to be extended past May 1st... I’ll be damned...

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:29 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:22 pm
She has now said the stay at home order needs to be extended past May 1st... I’ll be damned...
Told ya :blink

I really don't know what the legislature will do. If they can come up with legislation and get it passed and into effect by May 1, Whitmer might be powerless. I can't imagine she'd veto any such measure. That said, it won't totally shock me if they agree to extend it again.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:30 pm

Howard Jones wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:21 pm
Shame on me - I am wrong on the Internet. I support these statements, as they were meant to mean differently than they appear. In full context, they should have read:

For those of you who want to get back to work...stay home for the next 10 days.

"For those of you who have made plans for June and July, stay home for the next 10 days.

I fully support those statements and apologize. Context matters.
Yeah, I was wondering. I google-searched that and couldn't find any references to her saying those things. Even for Whitmer July seemed like a stretch.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:42 pm

Her message minus the antagonism isn't a bad one. I get that she's the governor and has to be the one addressing the state, but I wonder if she would be better off deferring to the Lt. Governor.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:53 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:52 pm
I'm just speculating here, but my guess is that the state legislature would like to implement the equivalent of Trump's 3-phase system. The problem is that Whitmer lost their trust when she issued a stricter lockdown order after they gave her the 23-day extension, so they're going to be very weary of giving her any more. But I'm also assuming that even the republicans want SOME SORT of restrictions in place May 1. The question is, do they trust Whitmer to do what they want done or not? I still don't understand why they can't just pass equivalent legislation that sunsets later this year. Is any legislation of that sort in the works?
I can understand them being weary, she burned them last time.

She is the Chris Christie of Michigan and can't be trusted (both are lawyers and former prosecutors).
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic