Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Protesters

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Protesters

Post by Rate This » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:24 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:19 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:52 pm
The Trump Patsy Parade....

Starring

BMW

LowLife101

Matt

Fuzz and TC Shuts Up

and Audiophile as the Beaver
A swing and a miss. I'd sooner have a dick hanging out of my mouth than wear a mask.

I'm also not clear about why people standing up against a tyrant is to be made fun of?

People that laughed at this hack post... probably also laugh at knock knock jokes.
Even BMW got a kick out of it...

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:29 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:23 pm
I'll note that you were too chicken shit to be there supporting Betsy and Dick.
I was too busy working and contributing. I don't recall you making fun of Trump protesters, you know, the kind of folks that legitimately do need to tell you what their pronouns are?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:44 pm

These really were YOUR people...
Michigan Residents Protest Gretchen Whitmer’s Orders With Nazi & Confederate Flags
While some wore protective masks, many defied social distancing recommendations to remain six feet apart and donned offensive signs like Nazi-nods with the word “Heil Witmer” on them. Others waved confederate flags in masses down the streets as a symbol of collective defiance.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:52 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:44 pm
Michigan Residents Protest Gretchen Whitmer’s Orders With Nazi & Confederate Flags
While some wore protective masks, many defied social distancing recommendations to remain six feet apart and donned offensive signs like Nazi-nods with the word “Heil Witmer” on them. Others waved confederate flags in masses down the streets as a symbol of collective defiance.
Frankly confederate flags aren’t terribly appropriate in a northern state. It essentially defaces the sacrifice of the thousands of people who gave their lives on the union side in the civil war.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:00 pm

I support the right to peacefully protest.

I also support my right to make fun of the protesters. Many of them look like imbeciles. I have a sneaking suspicion many of these folks live off SSI or work at the local tobacco shop.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:00 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:44 pm
Again, wrong. Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

A couple of things:

1) If you are going to go with the German comparison, don't you say Whitler?

2) Regarding the Confederate flag, many use that as a states right symbol, which uhhhhh... Oh right, people of all political stripes can be fucking stupid. These people are no exception.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:03 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:00 pm

I also support my right to make fun of the protesters. Many of them look like imbeciles. I have a sneaking suspicion many of these folks live off SSI or work at the local tobacco shop.
Agreed. For example, it does appear that the "Heil Witmer" mess has somehow figured out how to get her hair colored without salons being open.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:10 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:03 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:

Agreed. For example, it does appear that the "Heil Witmer" mess has somehow figured out how to get her hair colored without salons being open.
See you can function during quarantine just fine!

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:48 pm

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:25 pm
By the looks of most of the photos I've seen you would have never known we are in the middle of a pandemic. Not a bad showing for the protest but I'd be curious how many of those in attendance come down with the Corona. I saw a clip where a guy was holding a sign and the reporter asked him why he didn't at least have a mask on the guy said " because I believe in God". I don't know for sure but I would think out of the people that passed away, there were people that were believers so I don't know why that fella believes he gets a pass on the corona. I do think Gov. Whitmer went a bit overboard, it really won't affect me, I'll make do.
I'll tell you what, seeing some of these morons that were protesting, I would never want to be associated with. I'm all for the right to protest but wow. You have those on the loony left that are downright embarrassing and those on the far right who are just trash and embarrassing as well. I think I'll just stay quarantined for awhile and avoid it all. I had joined their facebook group for Michiganders Against Excessive Quarantine and just to see many of the hateful/ idiotic comments towards the Gov and people that don't agree with them. It happens on both sides folks, so those that just want to tow their party line and not be able to see the other side to things we have got one heck of a long ways to go for civility.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:00 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:58 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:

I could not have said it better myself.
I believe you.
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:05 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:00 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

I believe you.
LOL perfect!

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:20 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:05 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:00 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

I believe you.
LOL perfect!

STRIKE 2!

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:33 pm

If the people at home had any brains, they'd have had the locks changed while the protest was on. Assuming all the locksmiths weren't there, of course.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:36 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:33 pm
If the people at home had any brains, they'd have had the locks changed while the protest was on. Assuming all the locksmiths weren't there, of course.
In some ways I feel like I'm living through a modern-day version of the Salem Witch Trials.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:55 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:36 pm
Vic Doucette wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:33 pm
In some ways I feel like I'm living through a modern-day version of the Salem Witch Trials.
More like we don’t want what they might spread around. We’re making fun of them... nobody here is trying to burn them alive...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic