Acceptable registrations in the queue through September 18, 2022 at 7:45a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Voter referendums approved

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak
Posts: 5162
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:26 am
Location: Worn, MI

Re: Voter referendums approved

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:33 pm

km1125 wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:31 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:47 am
Women don’t have the luxury of waiting. Sorry. And you are 100% wrong.

And you say this protects revenue streams while opponents are running these damn commercials saying unqualified people will be doing abortions. You assholes cannot believe both.
It's pretty clear in the language of the proposal:
The state shall not penalize, prosecute, or otherwise take adverse action against an
individual based on their actual, potential, perceived, or alleged pregnancy outcomes,
including but not limited to miscarriage, stillbirth, or abortion. Nor shall the state
penalize, prosecute, or otherwise take adverse action against someone for aiding or
assisting a pregnant individual in exercising their right to reproductive freedom with
their voluntary consent.
Doesn't say A THING about a doctor or otherwise "qualified medical person"
Do doctors automatically disappear with the passage of this? GFY.


Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

User avatar
Rate This
Posts: 9763
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: Voter referendums approved

Post by Rate This » Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:43 pm

km1125 wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:31 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:47 am
Women don’t have the luxury of waiting. Sorry. And you are 100% wrong.

And you say this protects revenue streams while opponents are running these damn commercials saying unqualified people will be doing abortions. You assholes cannot believe both.
It's pretty clear in the language of the proposal:
The state shall not penalize, prosecute, or otherwise take adverse action against an
individual based on their actual, potential, perceived, or alleged pregnancy outcomes,
including but not limited to miscarriage, stillbirth, or abortion. Nor shall the state
penalize, prosecute, or otherwise take adverse action against someone for aiding or
assisting a pregnant individual in exercising their right to reproductive freedom with
their voluntary consent.
Doesn't say A THING about a doctor or otherwise "qualified medical person"
That could refer to a lot of other things besides sticking coat hanger A into slot B and yanking.



km1125
Posts: 2774
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:09 pm

Re: Voter referendums approved

Post by km1125 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:45 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:33 pm
km1125 wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:31 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:47 am
Women don’t have the luxury of waiting. Sorry. And you are 100% wrong.

And you say this protects revenue streams while opponents are running these damn commercials saying unqualified people will be doing abortions. You assholes cannot believe both.
It's pretty clear in the language of the proposal:
The state shall not penalize, prosecute, or otherwise take adverse action against an
individual based on their actual, potential, perceived, or alleged pregnancy outcomes,
including but not limited to miscarriage, stillbirth, or abortion. Nor shall the state
penalize, prosecute, or otherwise take adverse action against someone for aiding or
assisting a pregnant individual in exercising their right to reproductive freedom with
their voluntary consent.
Doesn't say A THING about a doctor or otherwise "qualified medical person"
Do doctors automatically disappear with the passage of this? GFY.
The don't disappear, but they're no longer REQUIRED to be used to perform these actions, if there can't be any prosecution for any non-doctor or qualified medical person for these procedures. It is very clear in that wording.



MotorCityRadioFreak
Posts: 5162
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:26 am
Location: Worn, MI

Re: Voter referendums approved

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:39 pm

km1125 wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:45 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:33 pm
km1125 wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:31 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:47 am
Women don’t have the luxury of waiting. Sorry. And you are 100% wrong.

And you say this protects revenue streams while opponents are running these damn commercials saying unqualified people will be doing abortions. You assholes cannot believe both.
It's pretty clear in the language of the proposal:
The state shall not penalize, prosecute, or otherwise take adverse action against an
individual based on their actual, potential, perceived, or alleged pregnancy outcomes,
including but not limited to miscarriage, stillbirth, or abortion. Nor shall the state
penalize, prosecute, or otherwise take adverse action against someone for aiding or
assisting a pregnant individual in exercising their right to reproductive freedom with
their voluntary consent.
Doesn't say A THING about a doctor or otherwise "qualified medical person"
Do doctors automatically disappear with the passage of this? GFY.
The don't disappear, but they're no longer REQUIRED to be used to perform these actions, if there can't be any prosecution for any non-doctor or qualified medical person for these procedures. It is very clear in that wording.
You don’t get it. What woman isn’t going to want care from a doctor at Planned Parenthood or another experienced doctor and instead favor Rick’s Abortion Chop Shop?


Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

User avatar
HD74
Posts: 358
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:53 pm
Location: SOMEWHERE BEHIND THE RACKS

Re: Voter referendums approved

Post by HD74 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:34 pm

"You assholes cannot believe both."

Hey Ahole, I don't believe a whole lot of the crap I read on here, but I did read the f&*king proposal.
I'm not going into the abortion/anti-abortion fight.
I'm looking at who came up with this mess, and what their motives are.
There is NO government inspections of the facilities, there is no doctor listed as required, the industry will self-police.
They are released from any responsibilities.
Talk about the fox guarding the henhouse.
This thing is a H*** POS as it sits, it needs fixing.


You're never too old to learn something stupid.

User avatar
Rate This
Posts: 9763
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: Voter referendums approved

Post by Rate This » Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:52 pm

HD74 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:34 pm
"You assholes cannot believe both."

Hey Ahole, I don't believe a whole lot of the crap I read on here, but I did read the f&*king proposal.
I'm not going into the abortion/anti-abortion fight.
I'm looking at who came up with this mess, and what their motives are.
There is NO government inspections of the facilities, there is no doctor listed as required, the industry will self-police.
They are released from any responsibilities.
Talk about the fox guarding the henhouse.
This thing is a H*** POS as it sits, it needs fixing.
At the rate the Democrats are getting energized it’ll easily pass for better or worse.



User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 7952
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: Voter referendums approved

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:52 am

A new poll (see Freep for details) shows 59 percent strong support for the proposal and an additional 5 percent in likely support.

Even 40 percent of self-identified Republicans said they would vote or are likely to vote "yes.". That number jumps to 64 percent for indies and 88 percent for Democrats.


The USFL is stupid.

User avatar
TC Talks
Posts: 6680
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:41 am

Re: Voter referendums approved

Post by TC Talks » Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:46 am

HD74 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:34 pm
"You assholes cannot believe both."

Hey Ahole, I don't believe a whole lot of the crap I read on here, but I did read the f&*king proposal.
I'm not going into the abortion/anti-abortion fight.
I'm looking at who came up with this mess, and what their motives are.
There is NO government inspections of the facilities, there is no doctor listed as required, the industry will self-police.
They are released from any responsibilities.
Talk about the fox guarding the henhouse.
This thing is a H*** POS as it sits, it needs fixing.
You've never really paid too close attention to how things get done in the business world. The chemical industry is effectively self-regulating. The agriculture business is essentially self-regulating. Since corporations became people all kinds of goofy things are happening and I'm sorry you're just becoming aware of it.

However, I agree with this tactic because you have some activist Republicans who will try to create any roadblock possible to prevent the access to safe abortions. They don't seem to really have much respect for the way laws are created so these kind of tactics need to be employed so they can't come up with an arbitrary way to Hinder women's rights.


© 2022 TC Talks Holdings LP. All Rights Reserved. By reading my content you agree to my privacy policy and my terms of usage. Down with the Man.

km1125
Posts: 2774
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:09 pm

Re: Voter referendums approved

Post by km1125 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:09 pm

Just wonder how "safe" the abortion is for that baby!!



User avatar
TC Talks
Posts: 6680
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:41 am

Re: Voter referendums approved

Post by TC Talks » Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:29 pm

km1125 wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:09 pm
Just wonder how "safe" the abortion is for that baby!!
That discussion is useless. We will never agree, and I am on the side of science and the voting majority.


© 2022 TC Talks Holdings LP. All Rights Reserved. By reading my content you agree to my privacy policy and my terms of usage. Down with the Man.

User avatar
HD74
Posts: 358
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:53 pm
Location: SOMEWHERE BEHIND THE RACKS

Re: Voter referendums approved

Post by HD74 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:12 pm

What a pathetic attempt at an insult, go back and try again.


You're never too old to learn something stupid.

MotorCityRadioFreak
Posts: 5162
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:26 am
Location: Worn, MI

Re: Voter referendums approved

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:25 am

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:46 am
HD74 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:34 pm
"You assholes cannot believe both."

Hey Ahole, I don't believe a whole lot of the crap I read on here, but I did read the f&*king proposal.
I'm not going into the abortion/anti-abortion fight.
I'm looking at who came up with this mess, and what their motives are.
There is NO government inspections of the facilities, there is no doctor listed as required, the industry will self-police.
They are released from any responsibilities.
Talk about the fox guarding the henhouse.
This thing is a H*** POS as it sits, it needs fixing.
You've never really paid too close attention to how things get done in the business world. The chemical industry is effectively self-regulating. The agriculture business is essentially self-regulating. Since corporations became people all kinds of goofy things are happening and I'm sorry you're just becoming aware of it.

However, I agree with this tactic because you have some activist Republicans who will try to create any roadblock possible to prevent the access to safe abortions. They don't seem to really have much respect for the way laws are created so these kind of tactics need to be employed so they can't come up with an arbitrary way to Hinder women's rights.
I find it absurd to think woman are suddenly not going to want to go to Planned Parenthood and would choose back alley abortions as the pro birth are saying. Why would they not go to their OBGYN and why would Planned Parenthood fire all their doctors? The commercials are so pathetic.


Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic