Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 21, 2022 at 7:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Real World Example of Masks Making a Difference!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak
Posts: 4438
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:26 am
Location: Worn, MI

Real World Example of Masks Making a Difference!

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:25 pm

From a Mom whose son attends.Macomb Dakota:


I would just like to point out the obvious when it comes to the effectiveness of masking.

Timeline:
On Friday, January 7th, Dakota High School reported 19 positive cases on just that day alone.

That following Monday (Jan 10th), they reported 22 new cases.

On Wednesday, Jan 12th the mask mandate went into place.

Today, Jan 20th, Dakota reported 2, yes TWO, new positive cases.

I cannot believe they waited so long for a “solution”
when the answer was literally right in front of their faces. 😷


My mom taught me an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. It's too bad Repubes don't believe in prevention for COVID, but they can deny someone water waiting in a line to vote.

Matt
Posts: 6158
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: Real World Example of Masks Making a Difference!

Post by Matt » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:10 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:25 pm
From a Mom whose son attends.Macomb Dakota:


I would just like to point out the obvious when it comes to the effectiveness of masking.

Timeline:
On Friday, January 7th, Dakota High School reported 19 positive cases on just that day alone.

That following Monday (Jan 10th), they reported 22 new cases.

On Wednesday, Jan 12th the mask mandate went into place.

Today, Jan 20th, Dakota reported 2, yes TWO, new positive cases.

I cannot believe they waited so long for a “solution”
when the answer was literally right in front of their faces. 😷
This doesn't prove anything.



MotorCityRadioFreak
Posts: 4438
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:26 am
Location: Worn, MI

Re: Real World Example of Masks Making a Difference!

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:31 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:10 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:25 pm
From a Mom whose son attends.Macomb Dakota:


I would just like to point out the obvious when it comes to the effectiveness of masking.

Timeline:
On Friday, January 7th, Dakota High School reported 19 positive cases on just that day alone.

That following Monday (Jan 10th), they reported 22 new cases.

On Wednesday, Jan 12th the mask mandate went into place.

Today, Jan 20th, Dakota reported 2, yes TWO, new positive cases.

I cannot believe they waited so long for a “solution”
when the answer was literally right in front of their faces. 😷
This doesn't prove anything.
Sure, it doesn’t.


My mom taught me an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. It's too bad Repubes don't believe in prevention for COVID, but they can deny someone water waiting in a line to vote.

Matt
Posts: 6158
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: Real World Example of Masks Making a Difference!

Post by Matt » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:25 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:31 pm
Matt wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:10 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:25 pm
From a Mom whose son attends.Macomb Dakota:


I would just like to point out the obvious when it comes to the effectiveness of masking.

Timeline:
On Friday, January 7th, Dakota High School reported 19 positive cases on just that day alone.

That following Monday (Jan 10th), they reported 22 new cases.

On Wednesday, Jan 12th the mask mandate went into place.

Today, Jan 20th, Dakota reported 2, yes TWO, new positive cases.

I cannot believe they waited so long for a “solution”
when the answer was literally right in front of their faces. 😷
This doesn't prove anything.
Sure, it doesn’t.
It doesn't at all. There is a lot of demographic information that is missing, and the early January infections that were likely residual holiday infections and NOT transmitted at school. Only a simpleton or mask zealot would suggest what you have suggested based on very limited data.



User avatar
TC Talks
Posts: 6257
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:41 am

Re: Real World Example of Masks Making a Difference!

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:57 am

You're reading the data all wrong. You're making quite a leap with these bold statements.


© 2022 TC Talks Holdings LP. All Rights Reserved. By reading my content you agree to my privacy policy and my terms of usage. Down with the Man.

User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 7260
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: Real World Example of Masks Making a Difference!

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:20 am

Not all masks are created equal, but properly crafted and worn masks absolutely reduce the rate of transmissibility.

If you are going to make a statement, Matt, that "masks don't work," at least take some time to provide links to research supporting your claim.

The studies cited by the below sources indicate masking does indeed help control the spread of COVID:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02801-8
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... -cov2.html


HD Radio = Highly Defective Radio

Matt
Posts: 6158
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: Real World Example of Masks Making a Difference!

Post by Matt » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:21 am

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:57 am
You're reading the data all wrong. You're making quite a leap with these bold statements.
Are you talking to me? Only anecdotal evidence has been presented.



User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 7260
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: Real World Example of Masks Making a Difference!

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:22 am

K-12 schools without mask mandates in Michigan saw 62% more coronavirus spread:

https://www.freep.com/story/news/health ... 422532002/


HD Radio = Highly Defective Radio

User avatar
TC Talks
Posts: 6257
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:41 am

Re: Real World Example of Masks Making a Difference!

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:56 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:21 am
TC Talks wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:57 am
You're reading the data all wrong. You're making quite a leap with these bold statements.
Are you talking to me? Only anecdotal evidence has been presented.
Sorry, I figure BMW will avoid this discussion so I was filling in for him.


© 2022 TC Talks Holdings LP. All Rights Reserved. By reading my content you agree to my privacy policy and my terms of usage. Down with the Man.

Matt
Posts: 6158
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: Real World Example of Masks Making a Difference!

Post by Matt » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:20 am

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:56 am
Matt wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:21 am
TC Talks wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:57 am
You're reading the data all wrong. You're making quite a leap with these bold statements.
Are you talking to me? Only anecdotal evidence has been presented.
Sorry, I figure BMW will avoid this discussion so I was filling in for him.
:lol



Matt
Posts: 6158
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: Real World Example of Masks Making a Difference!

Post by Matt » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:28 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:20 am
Not all masks are created equal, but properly crafted and worn masks absolutely reduce the rate of transmissibility.

If you are going to make a statement, Matt, that "masks don't work," at least take some time to provide links to research supporting your claim.

The studies cited by the below sources indicate masking does indeed help control the spread of COVID:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02801-8
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... -cov2.html
I was specifically responding to MCRF's mask zealotry where he posted as though the anecdotal evidence he posted was conclusive proof of his position. It is not. There is value in wearing a mask if you are too stupid to get vaccinated and boosted or too young. Those if us that have done the right thing should not continue to be punished because of selfish morons' inactions.



SoutheastMIViewer
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:19 pm
Location: The Hills

Re: Real World Example of Masks Making a Difference!

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:53 pm

Zero reported covid cases at the Detroit 3 casinos when no mask mandate.
Pretty good real world examples of Masks not making any differences


If you don’t have a mask covering your exhaust pipe on the car, you are not trying to stop global warming by preventing the harmful emission particles from spraying out!

User avatar
TC Talks
Posts: 6257
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:41 am

Re: Real World Example of Masks Making a Difference!

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:49 pm

SoutheastMIViewer wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:53 pm
Zero reported covid cases at the Detroit 3 casinos when no mask mandate.
Pretty good real world examples of Masks not making any differences
So they are regularly testing?


© 2022 TC Talks Holdings LP. All Rights Reserved. By reading my content you agree to my privacy policy and my terms of usage. Down with the Man.

MotorCityRadioFreak
Posts: 4438
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:26 am
Location: Worn, MI

Re: Real World Example of Masks Making a Difference!

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:24 pm

I have another graphic with information from the schools, but I forget how to drop an image from my phone here. More damning evidence that masks work. Warren Con has the lowest cases per pupil of 0% and has been masking all throughout the pandemic.


My mom taught me an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. It's too bad Repubes don't believe in prevention for COVID, but they can deny someone water waiting in a line to vote.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic