Acceptable registrations in the queue through September 17 at 5:30p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Stunner! Chief James Craig to retire.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Mr.Transistor
Posts: 771
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:43 am

Re: Stunner! Chief James Craig to retire.

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon May 10, 2021 4:52 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 8:13 am
Expect the racist attacks from the woke left to start the moment he announces.
Exactly THIS! You will hear nasty things about Chief Craig when he announces. The Dems are getting the spin machine ready. I'm sure Duggan is prepping a playbook against Chief Craig to give to the Queen in exchange for favors for the City of Detroit.

I like Chief Craig's no BS attitude, telling it like it is. Get ready Chief to get in the muck with the Queen of all Mucksters- Gretch!

Kind of shitty that Duggan answered the question about who he would support- saying Detroit is behind Gretchen Whitmer, instead of not answering the question and letting Chief Craig have his day, he had to make sure to invoke that. I'm sure the Chief took note of that cheap shot Duggan.



MotorCityRadioFreak
Posts: 3517
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:26 am
Location: Worn, MI

Re: Stunner! Chief James Craig to retire.

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue May 11, 2021 2:50 am

Matt wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 8:13 am
Expect the racist attacks from the woke left to start the moment he announces.
Well, he announced today, and I am still waiting. While I prefer Whitmer, Chief Craig is so much better than dead Dick DeVos and Snyder as well as all the idiotic guys in the legislature. I am interested to hear what his platform will be.


My mom taught me an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. It's too bad Repubes don't believe in prevention for COVID, but they can deny someone water waiting in a line to vote.

Matt
Posts: 4941
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: Stunner! Chief James Craig to retire.

Post by Matt » Tue May 11, 2021 6:33 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 2:50 am
Matt wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 8:13 am
Expect the racist attacks from the woke left to start the moment he announces.
Well, he announced today, and I am still waiting. While I prefer Whitmer, Chief Craig is so much better than dead Dick DeVos and Snyder as well as all the idiotic guys in the legislature. I am interested to hear what his platform will be.
I haven't seen an announcement that he's running yet. It is clearly the expectation. Snyder was infinitely better than both his predecessor and successor.



km1125
Posts: 2030
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:09 pm

Re: Stunner! Chief James Craig to retire.

Post by km1125 » Tue May 11, 2021 10:29 am

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 4:52 pm
Matt wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 8:13 am
Expect the racist attacks from the woke left to start the moment he announces.
Exactly THIS! You will hear nasty things about Chief Craig when he announces. The Dems are getting the spin machine ready. I'm sure Duggan is prepping a playbook against Chief Craig to give to the Queen in exchange for favors for the City of Detroit.

I like Chief Craig's no BS attitude, telling it like it is. Get ready Chief to get in the muck with the Queen of all Mucksters- Gretch!

Kind of shitty that Duggan answered the question about who he would support- saying Detroit is behind Gretchen Whitmer, instead of not answering the question and letting Chief Craig have his day, he had to make sure to invoke that. I'm sure the Chief took note of that cheap shot Duggan.
"kind of shitty" is an understatement!! He should deferred the question completely. That "partisan hack" side of him really cuts into his credibility.



User avatar
Rate This
Posts: 8798
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: Stunner! Chief James Craig to retire.

Post by Rate This » Tue May 11, 2021 10:42 am

Anybody like the idea of him picking Candice Miller as his running mate?



paul8539
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:20 pm

Re: Stunner! Chief James Craig to retire.

Post by paul8539 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:41 pm

He was the best Police Chief we have had in a long time. Sorry to see him go.

No, I would not like to see Candice Miller as his running mate.



User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 6084
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: Stunner! Chief James Craig to retire.

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:33 pm

Mr. Craig is formally launching his gubernatorial candidacy tomorrow, 9/9.


Using Robinhood for online equities and options trades is a terrible idea. USE A LEGITIMATE BROKER-DEALER INSTEAD! (Fidelity, Schwab, TD Ameritrade, Edward Jones, etc.)

MasterB
Posts: 625
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: Kalamazoo

Re: Stunner! Chief James Craig to retire.

Post by MasterB » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:40 am

Yes, James Graig is going to give Bitchmer a run for her money in 2022. I'm voting for him in the primary next year.


Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 6084
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: Stunner! Chief James Craig to retire.

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:24 am

A bunch of anti-police / BLM assholes crashed Chief Craig's candidacy announcement on Belle Isle this morning.

As usual, Mr. Craig handled himself with class.

If the dopey protestors think their extremely rude behavior will win people over to their side, they are sadly mistaken.


Using Robinhood for online equities and options trades is a terrible idea. USE A LEGITIMATE BROKER-DEALER INSTEAD! (Fidelity, Schwab, TD Ameritrade, Edward Jones, etc.)

User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 5345
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: Stunner! Chief James Craig to retire.

Post by Bryce » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:57 pm

I predict the DNC to use the same playbook in Michigan as they are for Gavin Newsome in California.

Newsome's campaign spends no time touting what he has done positive for California, because there is nothing, and all the time disparaging Larry Elder. To the point of calling him a white supremist even though he's black.


"Never underestimate Joe's ability to F**k things up." ~ Barack Hussein Obama.

A regular Nostradamus ole Barry was

User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 6084
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: Stunner! Chief James Craig to retire.

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:06 pm

I do not believe self-righteous Larry Elder would make a very good governor. BUT...he likely would be an improvement over Newsome.

What are Mr. Elder's qualifications for the job?

Does he have any formidable primary opposition?


Using Robinhood for online equities and options trades is a terrible idea. USE A LEGITIMATE BROKER-DEALER INSTEAD! (Fidelity, Schwab, TD Ameritrade, Edward Jones, etc.)

User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 5345
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: Stunner! Chief James Craig to retire.

Post by Bryce » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:13 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:06 pm
I do not believe self-righteous Larry Elder would make a very good governor. BUT...he likely would be an improvement over Newsome.

What are Mr. Elder's qualifications for the job?

Does he have any formidable primary opposition?
In the recall election, being held today, the voters have two questions. One, is if Gov. Newsome should be recalled. If yes is selected, then number two is who should replace him. In the replacement field Elder leads by a wide margin. Unless the fed up Hispanic's come out it large numbers, Newsome will keep his job.

Elder hasn't any prior government experience. He basically ran a "Make California Great Again" campaign. Which in all honesty, making California better wouldn't be too hard to do.


"Never underestimate Joe's ability to F**k things up." ~ Barack Hussein Obama.

A regular Nostradamus ole Barry was

User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 6084
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: Stunner! Chief James Craig to retire.

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:30 pm

I appreciate the info; thank you.


Using Robinhood for online equities and options trades is a terrible idea. USE A LEGITIMATE BROKER-DEALER INSTEAD! (Fidelity, Schwab, TD Ameritrade, Edward Jones, etc.)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic