Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmer's 6-phase plan: unilaterally writing legislation a year-and-a-half out

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: Whitmer's 6-phase plan: unilaterally writing legislation a year-and-a-half out

Post by Matt » Sun May 10, 2020 10:00 am

Excellent column from Nolan Finley: https://www.detroitnews.com/story/opini ... 096456001/

Bottom line: other than 4-5 counties, Michigan should be open for business.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Re: Whitmer's 6-phase plan: unilaterally writing legislation a year-and-a-half out

Post by bmw » Sun May 10, 2020 10:14 am

Matt wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 10:00 am
Excellent column from Nolan Finley: https://www.detroitnews.com/story/opini ... 096456001/

I'm always amused at the pro-Whitmer army of shills who come out of the woodwork to write in the comments section of every single article that questions what she's doing.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun May 10, 2020 10:33 am

bmw wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 10:14 am
Matt wrote:

I'm always amused at the pro-Whitmer army of shills who come out of the woodwork to write in the comments section of every single article that questions what she's doing.
My blood pressure can't handle comment sections. One of the few good things mlive has ever done is eliminate their comments section, although I wonder if they are kicking themselves right now. Can you imagine what the comment traffic alone would look like? They also might not have to beg for monthly $10 subscriptions.

Back on topic, I don't know how anyone can objectively say Whitmer has done a good job. Even RT has come around to the realization that she's out of control.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon May 11, 2020 12:33 am

Matt wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 10:33 am
bmw wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 10:14 am
Matt wrote:

My blood pressure can't handle comment sections. One of the few good things mlive has ever done is eliminate their comments section, although I wonder if they are kicking themselves right now. Can you imagine what the comment traffic alone would look like? They also might not have to beg for monthly $10 subscriptions.

Back on topic, I don't know how anyone can objectively say Whitmer has done a good job. Even RT has come around to the realization that she's out of control.
I resemble that comment...

What I want to see in a few months is just how many places simply vanished after this...

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon May 11, 2020 6:14 pm

Whitmer today:

Until we have a vaccine - until we can do more to keep people safe - social distancing is still the best tool that we have. We’re all safer at home.

Hear that? Safer-at-home will be in place for the next year or more.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon May 11, 2020 6:22 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 6:14 pm
Whitmer today:

Until we have a vaccine - until we can do more to keep people safe - social distancing is still the best tool that we have. We’re all safer at home.

Good lord...

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon May 11, 2020 6:25 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 6:14 pm
Whitmer today:

Her power trip is on borrowed time. Whether its the courts or the people deciding to no longer obey, this is done by June 1.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon May 11, 2020 6:27 pm

You know what they say.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

She's doing this as continued retribution for the Republicans voting to take away her emergency powers.

Deleted User 13307

Post by Deleted User 13307 » Mon May 11, 2020 8:11 pm

Andrew Cuomo today showed how a reopening plan should actually work. Specific measurables based on real data that can be applied to regions across the state.

https://www.newsday.com/news/health/cor ... 1.44556066

I hope someone at 100 N Capitol Ave, Lansing is paying attention.

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Tue May 12, 2020 3:47 pm

km1125 wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 8:12 am
It's you look at the actual data, we should already be in phase 4 and the only thing preventing us from going to 5 is a containment plan.... Is she working on that???
If Memorial Day wasn't in two weeks, most of the state would be in phase 4 already. IMHO, most of the state could (and should) jump from Phase 3 to Phase 5 on or soon after May 29 (the UP, northern Lower Michigan [basically M-20 to the north], parts of the Thumb, and some smaller counties in southern Lower Michigan) with the remainder (including Metro Detroit and Kent County) moving to Phase 4.

Today's new case number of 469 is quite a bit lower than past Tuesdays. In the last few weeks, there always seemed to be a Tuesday bump of new cases.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue May 12, 2020 3:57 pm

"Cases, hospitalizations and deaths are clearly declining". That's the definition for Phase 4 and if you look at any of the state's data, that's been the case for several weeks for the state. We should be solidly in 4 and headed to 5 whenever they can get the "containment" plan in place.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic